Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Kenya President, VP Take 80% Salary Cut To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenya President, VP Take 80% Salary Cut To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus (199 Views)

Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta Looking At A Woman's Buttocks In Public (Video) / Mali: N’daou, Goita Sworn In As President, VP / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenya President, VP Take 80% Salary Cut To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus by Islie: 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2020
President Uhuru Kenyatta of Kenya has announced that he is taking an 80 percent salary cut alongside the vice-president to help fight the coronavirus pandemic.

Speaking at a press briefing on Wednesday, Kenyatta also announced members of the federal cabinet would have their salaries slashed by 30 percent.

He added that salaries of chief administrative secretaries and principal secretaries would also be reduced by 30 percent and 20 percent respectively.

He said the salary cut was voluntarily agreed upon by him and the officials, and that the measure is aimed at making more funds available to help Kenya manage the pandemic.

The country has 28 confirmed cases of the virus as of Wednesday.

Kenyatta further announced a raft of other measures meant to cushion the effect of the pandemic, including a 100 percent tax relief for all Kenyans earning below Ksh24,000.

He said his administration also decided on a 25 percent tax relief for other workers, as well as a reduction of the Pay as You Earn (PAYE) tax rate from 30 percent to 25 percent.

As of Wednesday, there were 2,475 cases of the coronavirus across 46 African countries, with 64 deaths recorded.

Nigeria has so far recorded 46 cases of the infection while one person have died.

https://www.thecable.ng/kenya-president-vp-take-80-salary-cut-to-boost-fight-against-coronavirus

Lalasticlala
Re: Kenya President, VP Take 80% Salary Cut To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus by kingvick09(m): 10:03pm On Mar 25, 2020
Islie:

https://www.thecable.ng/kenya-president-vp-take-80-salary-cut-to-boost-fight-against-coronavirus

Lalasticlala

I'd be so grateful if justice could be served on my behalf , cause the nigeria police force is turning to something else.
i have a private bike which I use for my business , so this set of guys without Id or means of identification as police officer stopped me at palm avenue mushin and requested for my bike key which i refused cause i was scared they were thieves. before i knew it one of them already called the rest.when the rest came , they started harassing me. in the twinkle of an eye, i was handcuffed just for resisting arrest of my bike and the other guy brought out mini tear gas and pressed it to my face. I was bundled into one MARUWA and taken to olosan police station where they put me in a room and started beating cause people tried to help me at the spot of the illegal arrest...

I'm pleading ,if there's any lawyer here on nairaland who can help me get justice for the harassment and maltreatment i got today for being hand cuffed and tear gassed.
I'M BEING ASKED TO COME TOMORROW MORNING TO CLAIM MY BIKE AND THE GOODS ON THE BIKE.I HAVE TO BE THERE BY 8AM TOMORROW MORNING.

07057635533 ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME PLEASE......
Re: Kenya President, VP Take 80% Salary Cut To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus by Citytrend: 10:07pm On Mar 25, 2020
Try that in my Country.
Yet they are not greedy according to their supporters
Re: Kenya President, VP Take 80% Salary Cut To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus by Topxcel: 10:37pm On Mar 25, 2020
When u realise money isn't everything, u would value relationships and fellow humans more than properties.

I hope Nigerian leaders learn from this
Re: Kenya President, VP Take 80% Salary Cut To Fund Fight Against Coronavirus by Blackfire(m): 5:53am On Mar 27, 2020
Watch how amotekin terrorist and ipob miscreants will turn this around against our darling president and his govt.

(1) (Reply)

HEADLINES: US Oil Prices Surge To $25.32, Russia Sends Supplies To US.. / Ebonyi State Government Has Commenced Fumigation Of Markets In The State. / Chadian President At The War Front:what You Ought To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.