Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Atiku Asks FG To Give Nigerians N10,000 Monetary Supplement For Foodstuffs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Asks FG To Give Nigerians N10,000 Monetary Supplement For Foodstuffs (403 Views)

Women Queue And Kneel For Foodstuffs And Money From Woman Sitting Majestically / Just Landed In Gombe, Is This A Wedding Or Rally? - Atiku Asks / Coronavirus: Atiku Asks FG To Pay N10,000 To Each Household, As He Donates N50M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Asks FG To Give Nigerians N10,000 Monetary Supplement For Foodstuffs by gistyinka(m): 7:18am On Mar 26, 2020
Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar on Wednesday called on the Federal Government and state governments to provide palliatives to the Nigerian people to enable them to survive, asking that government should devise modalities to distribute N10, 000 as a supplement for foodstuff to each household in the country because a large percentage of Nigerians do not have the financial capacity to withstand long periods of self-isolation or lockdown.

Atiku who made the call through his Twitter handle applauded the efforts of various governments that had taken several proactive measures to curb the spread of the virus while also giving people useful suggestions on how to protect themselves.

As the coronavirus pandemic ravages the world, I applaud the various Nigerian state governments who have proactively taken measures, such as issuing stay at home orders, and shutting down non-essential markets and other places of mass gatherings, while also giving guidelines for social distancing.

However, we must accept the fact that much of the Nigerian public have a subsistence existence. A large percentage of our people do not have the financial capacity to withstand long periods of self-isolation and even lockdown. It is, therefore, incumbent on the Federal and state governments to provide palliatives to the Nigerian people to enable them to survive, even as they abide by these necessary measures put in place for their safety.

https://gyonlineng.com/atiku-urges-fg-to-distributes-fund-to-nigerians/

At an approximate 30 million households or thereabouts, the government should devise modalities to distribute N10,000 as a supplement for foodstuff to each household, among other palliative measures, with no one left behind.

It is thus time for the National Assembly to reconvene in an emergency session, perhaps by teleconference (in line with the demands of social distancing), to legislate a Stimulus Package Act that will cater for all Nigerian citizens.

I also call on all Mobile Telephony Companies in Nigeria to urgently develop mobile money platforms so that the government can reach the unbanked with financial assistance. I also urge these telecommunications firms to offer each of the 100 million mobile phone lines in Nigeria free credit of at least ₦1500 per mobile line, so that Nigerians who show symptoms, or those who just want information, can call the nearest available health facility, or even an ambulance service, as the case may be.

I commend all individuals and corporate organisations who have one way or the other provided some form of relief for the Nigerian people. In essence, this is what makes Nigeria great, when we help each other at such crisis times as this, irrespective of any differences. I further call on more corporations and individuals with capacity, to assist the public in these trying times.

To this end, Priam Group pledges N50 million on my behalf as my humble contribution to a relief Fund that will form part of the stimulus package.

https://gyonlineng.com/atiku-urges-fg-to-distributes-fund-to-nigerians/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Asks FG To Give Nigerians N10,000 Monetary Supplement For Foodstuffs by xana101: 7:24am On Mar 26, 2020
I concur

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku Asks FG To Give Nigerians N10,000 Monetary Supplement For Foodstuffs by chozzy: 7:37am On Mar 26, 2020
10K is even too small but Buhari feels good to himself
when Nigerians suffer

It's not a coincidence that Nigerians witnessed the harshest
hardships between 1984-1985 and 2015 till date.

1 Like

Re: Atiku Asks FG To Give Nigerians N10,000 Monetary Supplement For Foodstuffs by Tetrahedron: 7:38am On Mar 26, 2020
Someone said the actual figures in Nigeria is around 1000, so let APC keep deceiving themselves! Anyway they are the ones contracting it the most

1 Like

Re: Atiku Asks FG To Give Nigerians N10,000 Monetary Supplement For Foodstuffs by Gandollaar(f): 7:41am On Mar 26, 2020
The president Nigeria never had. I concur sir. People like Helinues need it badly.
Re: Atiku Asks FG To Give Nigerians N10,000 Monetary Supplement For Foodstuffs by Tetrahedron: 7:44am On Mar 26, 2020
You think they are in their right minds
Emefi-ole, the banker for the thieves will never suggest so, instead they will collect #50 from the poorest set of people in the world
Re: Atiku Asks FG To Give Nigerians N10,000 Monetary Supplement For Foodstuffs by rrreer: 7:52am On Mar 26, 2020
God bless you sor
Re: Atiku Asks FG To Give Nigerians N10,000 Monetary Supplement For Foodstuffs by opeyehmmy(m): 8:30am On Mar 26, 2020
He should do it too. Our Government isn't reliable

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus Case Discovered In Lagos Airport / Sen. Abaribe And Ekwunife Advice To Igbos / Angry Youths Attack Task Force Team Deployed To Enforce Sit-at-home Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.