Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,084 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

Managing Coronavirus - From A Doctor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Managing Coronavirus - From A Doctor (167 Views)

Unborn Baby Contracts Coronavirus From Israeli Mother, Dies In The Womb / Some Good News On Coronavirus From Across The World. / Prevent Coronavirus From Getting To Nigeria - Senate Says FG Not Doing Enough (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Managing Coronavirus - From A Doctor by liljboy(m): 11:43am On Mar 26, 2020
This was all I had. Nobody brought any ‘special medications for me’ I have not seen anyone taking any special medications after testing positive for covid-19. Just putting this out because people have been asking me about medications.

To be honest, I didn’t feel relieved after taking the cough syrup. My cough went from dry to productive and it was associated with chest pains while coughing. Sometimes, it would feel like you can taste blood after coughing. The vitamin C is effervescent and kinda sweet so
The paracetamol helped with the fever and body aches but that was just about it. My nose was flowing and I had to blow my nose a lot of times to be able to get enough air. I didn’t want to create a false impression for myself that I was in respiratory distress.

I couldn’t taste or perceive anything for a day and by the next day, it started resolving gradually. So fever, aches, bad cough which started off dry and became productive (yellowish sputum) and associates chest pains from coughing and loss of taste and perception.
I felt like shit . I made sure I was eating well,fruits and all. I had naija beans and I had eggs so I made sure I wasn’t just eating junk. I didn’t miss any meals. I slept as much as I could and tried to rest my brain.

The people in the hospital are not getting any special medications. Nobody is hiding any treatment from you. They can get salbutamol nebules to help clear their airways. Saline nebules as well. They are on iv fluids and those in resp failure, get regular arterial blood gases
People are so used to getting treatment for every little itch in Nigeria, so they assume there is a medication somewhere for covid-19 that people are getting. Nobody is getting anything like that.

You don’t get admitted in the Uk until you have severe respiratory symptoms and would need help with your breathing. People are told to stay home and isolate and manage their symptoms.
I got tested because I had just finished calls few days prior to my symptoms starting and I work in a hyper acute unit. I had interactions with other doctors and health staff and it was essential to contact trace .

Nobody needs covid-19 clout. It’s not a death sentence but it’s also very unpredictable and people are dying from it. That is why social distancing is important. You can get through it but what about your neighbors? Are they safe ?

(1) (Reply)

School Holidays Extended As Coronavirus Cases Increase In Australia / Would You Like To Loose Some Weight This Season? Join Free Class! / CORONA! FG Needs Stronger Preparation! By Sahara Reporters.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.