Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,807 members, 7,820,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp (520 Views)

WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp / Banknotes Can Spread Coronavirus, WHO Warns / Coronavirus: WHO Lists Nigeria, 12 Others As Top-risk African Nations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
WHO is launching a messaging service with partners WhatsApp and Facebook to keep people safe from coronavirus.

This easy-to-use messaging service has the potential to reach 2 billion people and enables WHO to get information directly into the hands of the people that need it.

From government leaders to health workers and family and friends, this messaging service will provide the latest news and information on coronavirus including details on symptoms and how people can protect themselves and others. It also provides the latest situation reports and numbers in real time to help government decision-makers protect the health of their populations.

The service can be accessed through a link that opens a conversation on WhatsApp. Users can simply type “hi” to activate the conversation, prompting a menu of options that can help answer their questions about COVID-19.

The WHO Health Alert was developed in collaboration with Praekelt.Org, using Turn machine learning technology.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11264981_screenshot20200326125323_pnga0bdf2f53969bba748e466a2a506fcdf

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11264982_whocovid1902v1v1_jpegd05d137c505a9c6263d2a50caa792495

http:///who-covid19-whatsapp

Source: https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-health-alert-brings-covid-19-facts-to-billions-via-whatsapp

Lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

Re: Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp by Nobody: 12:55pm On Mar 26, 2020
Good one!

You don't have to worry if you want to donate, it has the feature.
You are sure of first-hand informations (even if the world is coming to an end) and not some nonsense,unimaginable and annoying WhatsApp broadcasts grin
I believe this isn't the end of the world. A cure would soon be found, but meanwhile let's enjoy series called "The conspiracists"
While we observe the sit-at-home order our new sheriff (covid19) gave us.

In this story, everyone os the author. I will make it available on Diary sections. I will be following every comments on Nairaland to proceed to any chapter. Please remember to mention my moniker for anything you want to join. So as to avoid my Nairaland bad-mouthers grin. Im using the Diary section.

Feel the intro...
My name is Abiodun Itunu and i am from Nigeria.
I believe "humanity is built for a purpose greater than humanity". It's a personal quote i use to cheer my wondering many times,lol.

When i was a kid, i remember this vivid picture of myself looking deep into the sky while comforting myself with the belief that one day someone will come from the sky and take me away to see beyond me.
Well, pa/ma are good Christians(story for another day).

I have always been a bible little geek as a kid, lol. But i am more of a dramatic boy who brings fantasy to reality.

... But as little i was then till now, i still wonder why the world belief in so many things. So many things that doesn't add up!

Why did a supreme being make us all just for coming back to him to ask why we did what he programmed us to do? They don't all just add up to me, but im not an Atheist, you will soon know why.
So as a kid, whenever pastors in my church leads prayers about
"kill the enemies"
I say
" Let them live to reveal the truth, because i want to know the truth about all these."

I am so inquisitive, i can ask you any question both from stupid to questions no-one till today had beeb able to answer genuinely. "If the world isn't joined with such brain 'God' gifted for humans, could there be all these we see today?

Could there be any need to suffer if all these hasn't come to been?

Many questions i ask myself as a kid, till date and which many close relatives can testify to. I was only 7 or 8 when I started wondering all these.

Hey guys (world) let's talk to the Alpha of these things in a way no man has ever done.
None!
I will talk about it
Even if this goes wrong, let's join the two beliefs together to make a whole ( No human has been able to accomplish this mission) but remember the Babylon's tower.
Then i met 12 other guys, they are super conspiracy theorists, lol. Funnily enough, we have different opinions about life. One is totally different from the other.

Let me tell you my own belief

This present world is a process to a world higher than itself. It then depends human collective mind to make it better or ...

There is God
No one has seen this being
No one knows what this being wants from us.
No one knows our very bane of existence.
No religion is God's sent to human kind.
That supreme being doesn't want anything from us than to keep this existence rolling.

But what do i know? These other guys(nairalanders)are more convincing....

To be continued

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp by OdefaGirl(f): 12:57pm On Mar 26, 2020
How will it answer personal questions since it's an automated system?
Re: Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp by KaBabs1: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2020
Interesting
Re: Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:00pm On Mar 26, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp by Nobody: 1:03pm On Mar 26, 2020
Another means of stealing people's phone number.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 1:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
Vortex369:

grin
Re: Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 26, 2020
Vortex369:

How?
So you think these big organizations can't get your number if they so wish?
Re: Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2020
Drabeey:

How?
So you think these big organizations can't get your number if they so wish?

No they can't get mine.
Re: Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 26, 2020
Vortex369:

No they can't get mine.

grin
Re: Coronavirus: WHO Health Alert Brings COVID-19 Facts To Billions Via Whatsapp by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 26, 2020
OdefaGirl:
How will it answer personal questions since it's an automated system?

You know it has some amazing features i didn't add up there before.

(1) (Reply)

Six Coronavirus Patients Recover In Lagos, Set To Be Discharged / Man Falls And Dies Due To Corona Virus In Nigeria VIDEO / KANO: Expert Explains Why There May Be Rise In Deaths, Pleads For Calm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.