Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria (3215 Views)

Is Animal Science A Good Course?? / Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study / What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria by success29584: 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2020
Pls i need suggestions
Re: Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria by edoairways: 2:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
It depends on your motive of study
Re: Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria by success29584: 2:21pm On Mar 26, 2020
edoairways:
It depends on your motive of study
To easily get a job & i love chemistry too
Re: Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria by biobash(m): 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2020
Yes.
Re: Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria by edoairways: 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
success29584:

To easily get a job & i love chemistry too
Why not study pharmacy at undergraduate then pharmacology at postgraduate.
Re: Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria by Oluromantic: 4:33pm On Mar 26, 2020
Nope. Pharmacy and pharmacology is like medicine and physiology. The dichotomy in Nigeria is too much. Let d person kunkun wait and take jamb again for pharmacy instead or go for biochemistry or microbiology.

I did physiology with d intension to cross to medicine in 200lvl. I couldn't due to lack of connection. Later I heard ppl who had poor result than mine got medicine thru very long leg. Such is life. I diverted to exercise physiology in my masters, now on my PhD.

Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria by tlmiracle: 7:48pm On Mar 26, 2020
Oluromantic:
Nope. Pharmacy and pharmacology is like medicine and physiology. The dichotomy in Nigeria is too much. Let d person kunkun wait and take jamb again for pharmacy instead or go for biochemistry or microbiology.

I did physiology with d intension to cross to medicine in 200lvl. I couldn't due to lack of connection. Later I heard ppl who had poor result than mine got medicine thru very long leg. Such is life. I diverted to exercise physiology in my masters, now on my PhD.

Good luck

please join my thread.
I need your opinion and advice please
https://www.nairaland.com/5757453/physiotherapy-course
Re: Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria by edoairways: 7:54pm On Mar 26, 2020
Oluromantic:

Good luck
This menace is common in many public universities across Nigeria
Re: Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria by success29584: 9:36pm On Mar 26, 2020
Oluromantic:

Good luck

I initially applied for pharmacy, but after seeing my jamb score I really need to change course if i want to be admitted... that's why i considered pharmacology.
From what you earlier, biochemistry or microbiology is better than pharmacology
Re: Is Pharmacology A Good Course To Study In Nigeria by HammedOlanaija(m): 4:16pm On Apr 10, 2020
edoairways:

Why not study pharmacy at undergraduate then pharmacology at postgraduate.
Why will you advice someone to study pharmacology in their post graduates programme when pharmacists and pharmacy undergraduate keep shouting they taught them everything in pharmacology.I mean you are a pharmacists you know it all isn't it��people that were taught "Introduction in pharmacology" always shouting pharmacy knows every bit of study in pharmacology

(1) (Reply)

Scholarship Available Scholarships Past Questions And Answers / Different Types Of Personality- Find Out Who You Are! / Abia Poly Reopens As Unions Call Off Strike Read More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.