Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,362 members, 7,839,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off (577 Views)

Is 2GO Wall Owned By The Owner Of 2GO Chatting Application? / For Flirting, Chatting. Nothing is Off Topic (Free Trade Zone) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by Vigilante: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2010
I really don't know if we are so cold these days that simple courtesy is lacking. You are chatting with someone either on Facebook, Yahoo Messenger etc and HELLO!!!!! the person logs off. It could be as a result of a number of factors - power failure, poor internet connection etc. If the person has your cell phone number, shouldn't the person send a word to explain the sudden cut in communication? They just carry on as though you will understand. Have you experienced it or is it just me?
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2010
causes
1. Boredom
2. Just doesn't want to talk 2 u
3. U said d wrong thing but d person doesnt want to make it an issue.
4. Didn't log in because of u and ur conversation is boring and d person doesn't knw how else to end it
5. Plain meanness or lack of civility

i confess i do it alot. Basic cause is my No.1 reason
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by pingpong1: 3:14pm On Dec 28, 2010
@anathemia - whatever is the reason, why dont just say "hey I've got to go" What will it cost?
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 28, 2010
i honestly dont know. I guess its just far easier to 'miss' than to have to explain anytin
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by iice(f): 5:38pm On Dec 28, 2010
Ok, it happens to me. . .power shortage but people don't have my number so they cannot tell me they can't come back on for a while. Should my connection go out, i also don't call because as i don't give out my number, i don't take numbers. I'll just explain next time i get back on. I'm not bothered really if they go off. They have their reasons i suppose. If they wanna still talk, they'll message me if not, c'est la vie. Me i dey blunt ooo. If you bore me, i go tell you. If you irritate me, i go tell you. Why i go suffer next time because i no tell you? And i certainly hope the person on the other end tells me if i vex am or irritate am.
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by pingpong1: 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2010
@iice, I tot one is supposed 2 chat with buddies. This one wey u no get their number & them no get urs beats me.
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 28, 2010
I'm very selective with chat buddies. If I initiate a conversation, I'll be courteous, and tell the person at the end of the line, as much about myself as I feel I can. I don't give out my number, neither do I take from others. Sometimes, I'm offered phone numbers, and out of politeness, I'll tell my chat mate I've stored it (I never do).

The one thing that'll make me log off like a scalded cat, is SMS-style chat, or unsolicited chat from a stranger that begins by buzzing, or 'ASL'? I believe it's only polite you introduce yourself fully first, especially if you initiated the conversation in the first instance. Anyone asking me questions, without having first introduced themselves, will get short shrift from me. My policy's simple - only ask questions of me if you've volunteered the same details with regards to yourself.

Bar the above, I'm actually not that bad a person to chat with. wink wink
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by Vigilante: 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2010
@sienna - mine is a little bit different. I've got to know you in PERSON first before we chat online. I dont and will NEVER make e-friends.
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2010
exactly. The people i'm referring to are actually my friends in person
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by Nobody: 5:26am On Dec 29, 2010
@poster
what about logging off because you have something else to do?!

also, we are making these online chit chats like some kind of heavy rituals while they certainly aint.
if you are having a serious discussion and the other person logs off and never get back to you then i suggest you go and have these "serious" talks with someone who give a damn as that person clearly didnt.
talking about the blue sky and the birds doesnt require a call back as the convo was irrelevant to begin with.
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by pingpong1: 7:11am On Dec 29, 2010
@MrBrownJay - however irrelevant the topic was, does it still make it appropriate to just log off just like that?
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by iice(f): 10:17am On Dec 29, 2010
ping pong:

@iice, I tot one is supposed 2 chat with buddies. This one wey u no get their number & them no get urs beats me.

I'm a bit like Siena. Very selective.

And buddies are a dime a dozen. I can trip over my heels and make a buddy.
Only friends have my number, and I, theirs. And friends are one in million for me. . .very hard to come by.
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2010
ping pong:

@MrBrownJay - however irrelevant the topic was, does it still make it appropriate to just log off just like that?

you view it as logging off while it may simply be stepping away for a min or hr. some people chat with dozens of people at the same time. some more important than others, the "important" ones (discussion wise) would surely get a msg, the others will have to live with it as what they are discussing is not really a matter of urgency.

the fact that you would see all this online chit chatting as the same as when people are face to face is a bit extreme. its only chat.
Re: Chatting And The Other Person Logs Off by iice(f): 10:23am On Dec 30, 2010
Mr Brown, you just brought to mind something that usually happens.
You're chatting with several people and someone keeps pinging you. . .'Hello?' 'Why are you not answering?'

(1) (Reply)

Meet New Friends On Buzznab / Looking For A Female Bestfriend: / I Need A Lisbian Like Me To Huk Up With For Fun;;girls Only Plz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.