Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,504 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) (1943 Views)

91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths / COVID-19: Two Wuhan Doctors Turn Black After Spending Weeks In ICU (Photos) / 20 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 343. 91 Discharged. 10 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
France has turned a high-speed train into an intensive care unit to evacuate those infected with the coronavirus from overwhelmed hospitals in the outbreak’s epicenter.

The TGV train began transporting about 20 COVID-19 patients from Strasbourg, the capital city of the hard-hit Grand Est region, to less-strained hospitals in the Pays-de-la-Loire and other regions Thursday morning.

The government is calling the innovation a “first in Europe.”

https://www.foxnews.com/world/france-evacuates-coronavirus-patients-high-speed-medical-train

Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2020
A patient is transferred in a high-speed train turned into an intensive care unit in Strasbourg on Thursday.

The train car, converted to a medical operations center, has stretchers attached to seats, the Telegraph reported.

Also the ambulance/are well equipped with ventilators.

Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Explorers(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2020
A patient infected with coronavirus is carried on a stretcher by a French rescue team before being transferred by a helicopter of the civil security.

Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by tillaman(m): 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2020
wink
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Davash222(m): 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
France turned a speed train to ICU to evacuate infested people.
Some countries ask their medical students to help in hospitals and labs to help find vaccine for the virus.

While in Nigeria, Train stations were shut down, schools closed, medical students were asked to go home. Microbiologists that are supposed to be in labs helping to find vaccines are asked to go home and be playing ludo.
Nigeria summarised!

5 Likes

Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
Good gestures
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by scrolldown88: 5:07pm On Mar 26, 2020
Wow

France is doing a good job.

This pandemic just goes to show that the major difference between the developed and under developed world is her leaders.

Nigeria has had years of plenty, where oil prices where high and brought a lot of revenue to the country. Unfortunately our leaders have consistently looted the country instead of building the nation's infrastructure. Now that a pandemic has struck, the developed world with thousands of cases are fighting strong with the infrastructures built over the years, whereas here in Nigeria, our health sector is already spent and exhausted after just a few confirmed cases.

The looting of the country did not start with buhari or this regime. PDP OR APC, they all looted this country to shit. The common man is left to scamper for crumbs while the politicians feast on his birthright you.

If PDP that are in the for front of opposition have built infrastructure and not looted like APC is doing right now, we would still have been better off. But they are all the same...

Heartless politicians.

The government of today is exactly the same as the government of yesterday. They promised there was going to be a change, but they simply changed party labels.

If you are a young person in this country, and still speak for, defend, or take side with any politician (pdp or APC). I honestly invite you to evaluate your mental health.

This people travel to developed country with tax payers money, enjoy the good life over there, then return to the shit hole from where the emerge and ignore the fact that it stinks. They do this because whenever they get tired of the mess around, they simply go for a taste of the good life in developed countries. While we stay here and languish.

Their kids don't school here. No, they enjoy the best education abroad. But over here the educational system is a joke.

The only difference is party labels. If Coronavirus has broken out during the past administration, we would have coped better, but not for long. Infrastructures where lacking then as they are lacking now. The only difference was that there were sound minds who could reason somewhat intelligently (I make reverence to the Ebola case).

Finally. All Nigeria politicians, past or present,are the same and should be treated as such. Don't stand up for them, stand up for yourselves. Because at the end of the day, they've got you to 'feed' on. Now who have you got?

6 Likes

Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Joshmodest(m): 5:08pm On Mar 26, 2020
This is what I'm saying , all this foreign countries , with all their sophisticated machineries and intellectual minds ...had to shut down religious houses and restrict movement ...buh here in Nigeria that we lack simple quarantine facilities ...we have some folks walking around aimlessly in the name of sturboness..
And churches gathering crowds to enlighten them against staying in crowded places ,and some folks saying affliction of the Egyptians shall not befall the Israelites about without observing simple precautions .
Nigeria is just a case entirely !!!!!
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by cRobo: 5:09pm On Mar 26, 2020
wink
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Edopesin: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2020
Ignoring the pandemic and all

Europe is the place to be, my people if you have the chance to ditch this country don't think twice

We cannot observe simple stay at home, no difference between now and 2 months ago, people still dey queue to buy suya
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Darato: 5:12pm On Mar 26, 2020
Wow this is serious mehn

You have to stand out!
Set yourself apart with action verbs, achieving language, and resume writing that describes what you have contributed rather than what you have done on a daily basis.
Or, better yet, invest in yourself and let me do the hard work for you!
Call NOW!
See Signature below
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Daraph(m): 5:19pm On Mar 26, 2020
This nah country wey sabi weytin dem dey do
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by neutralmind: 5:24pm On Mar 26, 2020
Making sense
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by seunlayi(m): 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2020
This is nice, but I pray ours won't get to that.

All the ungoing projects should be paused for now, the masses need assured palliatives from govt this trying times. Food, provisions, drugs, funding emergency services, etc should be their priority for now. I hope they will listen to this unlike the way they handled our calls for border closure for over 3 weeks

1 Like

Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by DModeCntStopMe: 5:26pm On Mar 26, 2020
The government is calling the innovation a “first in Europe."

Nice one

But why is the French govt bragging that it is the first in Europe when people are dying in their numbers

Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Umueme: 5:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
Very nice. We will surely get there one day.
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by EGBAX(m): 5:30pm On Mar 26, 2020
TGV
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by seunlayi(m): 5:31pm On Mar 26, 2020
Daraph:
This nah country wey sabi weytin dem dey do
things will begin to change after this COVID-19. Believe it, our politicians must have learnt their lessons but now. I think naija is one of the countries where this thing started from the top. I pray it stop now

1 Like

Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Nobody: 5:32pm On Mar 26, 2020
See country that cares about its citizens
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by qualityovenbake(m): 5:38pm On Mar 26, 2020
I hope Nigeria case won't get to this level, Nigerians are starting to take this covid-19 virus seriously.
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by pyyxxaro: 5:41pm On Mar 26, 2020
Yusuf your father lap undecided
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Ehiscotch(m): 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2020
It's "Covid-19", sir.

I wonder how Nigerians think a certain government will build them a world-class healthcare system, modern railway systems and all what not in a few years.

There are basic things that we can manage to do to curtail the virus than always blaming our government and debating about the origin of the virus.

The virus is here; we have a failed system. What next? Let's stop all the back and forth with who is to blame.

Heck, why didn't these countries close their borders when they were hit with the virus? Why aren't their citizens tearing them out for not doing so?

We agree that things are not working out in this country but we can salvage what's left.
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Asquare84(m): 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2020
God will protect us in Nigeria
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by chariisGRACE(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2020
COVID-19

Innovating people from the genesis.

China built a massive hospital under a week.
Italy's conversion of containers into ICUs is underway.
Now

France has converted speed trains into ICUs. (On a normal day, the idea would not cross their mind talk more of implementing).

Corona Amaka.
But do fast come go abeg.
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Timileyin1234(m): 7:40pm On Mar 26, 2020
Davash222:
France turned a speed train to ICU to evacuate infested people.
Some countries ask their medical students to help in hospitals and labs to help find vaccine for the virus.

While in Nigeria, Train stations were shut down, schools closed, medical students were asked to go home. Microbiologists that are supposed to be in labs helping to find vaccines are asked to go home and be playing ludo.
Nigeria summarised!
So, the way everything is shutdown is not good. U are a mumu
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by dejavubobo1(m): 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2020
My problem is not the virus. Its this entity called Nigeria... With high level technology and skilled work force Europeans & Americans are dying like this.

With our poverty level, Huge population, wired Nurses and outdated facilities. How can we handle this ?
Re: COVID-91: France Converted High Speed Train Into ICU To Transport Patients(Pics) by Woos: 10:03pm On Mar 26, 2020
Earlier today I begged Nairalanders for 2000 Naira and around 6pm today I got alert of 1000 Naira each from two different from people who didn't know me from no where, they have never met me, they have never spoken to me before, I didn't do any work for them, they were not owing me.
Lord God answer this prayer that is coming from my heart tonight bless those two people abundantly, forgive whichever sins they might have committed, whatever they have been asking from you heavenly father please grant unto them, don't let them lack or hungry in their entire life, no evil shall befall them and their families in Jesus name, they will never beg for bread, their cups shall overflow, you will not die untimely, money will never be your problem in life from today, sickness will not know you and those who you love, no weapon formed against you shall prosper in Jesus name.
The money meant a lot to me and some other people. I can't thank you enough, may heavenly Lord bless you abundantly throughout your entire life. May he bless me too so I can help anonymous people. This really touched me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Best Medicine For Pimples / ML / Chinese Man Eating Rat Raw!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.