Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,823 members, 7,956,106 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:09 AM

Lagos Government Destroyed My Property Worth N270million Without Compensating Me - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Lagos Government Destroyed My Property Worth N270million Without Compensating Me (900 Views)

Gambling Has Destroyed My Life, Am At The Edge Of Committing Suicide / Fire Outbreak: Properties Worth Millions Of Naira Destroyed At Computer Village / TBC VIlla Estate with Lagos government Approval of certificate of Occupancy . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Government Destroyed My Property Worth N270million Without Compensating Me by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2020
Alhaja Simiatu Jimoh, the Chief Executive Officer of Progress Seafood Nig Ltd has lamented that her property worth N270 was allegedly destroyed by the Lagos state government without getting compensation from the LASG.

The CEO of one of the biggest seafood companies in Nigeria lamented that her property which was around Abule-Egba area of Lagos was allegedly destroyed by the administration of Ambode.

She said this while speaking with newsmen at the commissioning of her new branch at Arinlese area of Abeokuta in *Ogun* state.

She explained that the building was destroyed during the expansion of the Abule-Egba road.

Madam Jimoh said her building that was destroyed by LASG had two residential houses, shop complex, and 48 small shops.

She said all efforts to get good compensation from the government prove abortive.

According to her, my properties that were destroyed were valued at N270 million, but they want to give me peanut as compensation.

She said, "I have not collected the money from them till now.

"I built a big company and it was that place that we are using as our head office at Abule-Egba.

"Unfortunately, the government sent us away from the place, they destroyed our building when they wanted to construct road at Abule-Egba.

"I fell, but rise again, I used the remaining part of our destroyed land to build another little office.

"Two residential houses, shop complex, 48 shops were destroyed and they have not given me a dime till now.

"The property involved worth N270 million. But, I was not perturbed because even the God that created us does not say he will not test our faith.

"We must know what whatever happen in our life has the knowing of our creator."

The Fish hawkers who later become a CEO of one of the biggest seafood companies in the country urged the government to always pay people compensation when they destroy their properties.

She added, "I will implore the government to always try to compensate people when they destroy their properties.

"They should not just demolished people property without compensating them. They may face the wrath of God because of this."

Efforts to get the reaction of Lagos state government as message sent to the commissioner for information in the state bounce back.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Destroyed My Property Worth N270million Without Compensating Me by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2020
A) how much was the GOV offering her as compensation
B) pls put pics of the said 270M property that was destroyed , if you may...
Re: Lagos Government Destroyed My Property Worth N270million Without Compensating Me by Asquare84(m): 5:49pm On Mar 26, 2020
Did she have building approval, CofO and other relevant documents, something we attach emotions to whatsoever we do

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Make More Than $239 Per Month / Do You Know That Keeping Naira In The Bank Is A Waste Of Money? / Best Penny Cryptocurrency To Invest In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.