Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,158 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? (2554 Views)

Coronavirus: What Is The Fate Of Nigerians Abroad? / Coronavirus. What Is Your Take On This? / Coronavirus: What It Does To The Body. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by Reichel99(f): 10:56am On Mar 27, 2020
zexy2030:

seun should speak to federal govt to give us 250k to all credible bvn accounts, we have just 40million bvn accounts thats just 100billion naira that just 1/10 budget for 2020.
Go and do ur calculation again, 250k for 40million people is 10trillion and not 100billion.
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by zexy2030(m): 11:01am On Mar 27, 2020
Reichel99:
Go and do ur calculation again, 250k for 40million people is 10trillion and not 100billion.
oooh, wu say mak u comment sef, u 4 dm me na, na u dey mak all nlanders no sey I no sabi arithmetics... fyn wicket geh, I we no play wit u.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by Reichel99(f): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2020
zexy2030:

oooh, wu say mak u comment sef, u 4 dm me na, na u dey mak all nlanders no sey I no sabi arithmetics... fyn wicket geh, I we no play wit u.
Lmao.
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by John360comng: 9:37pm On Mar 27, 2020
Standing5:
If only Buhari can half as proactive in thought as you alone. Commonsense dictates that preventive measure be prioritized above shut down strategy which is more of a copy and paste of advanced nation's policies approach. Masks don't appear that hard to make.

it is largely a thing of airborne viral load filtering fabric stitched unto some handle. Same thing too for sanitizers, we have the raw materials.

This is why I nod my head when I see Nigerians claiming to be more developed than Kenya or Uganda, or Rwanda. Development isn't a count of mansions and big cars. It is the ability to adapt to extreme and shock situations like these. Our per capital GDP is low and disperse. Accommodation aren't well spaced, water security=zero, food security=O.Y.O., The least I expect is the military engineers to be tasked along with willing scientists from the society to try and produce these items on the fly but Buhari is more concerned about his own life first.

Exactly!

What I was telling someone.

The Military is supposed to be involved in the noble act of ensuring that this is knocked out.

I mean at Covid-19.

Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by CYBERWEAVER(m): 10:13pm On Mar 27, 2020
I was thinking Seun is now a Boot on his own platform. Smile ☺
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by Seun(m): 10:54am On Mar 28, 2020
HMMD:
But, facemask is proven to be ineffective.
Face masks do not make you invincible or immune to the virus, but:
1) If you are infected, with or without symptoms, wearing a face mask reduces your risk of infecting people around you when you cough or talk.
2) If you wear a mask and then touch a contaminated object, your face-mask will prevent you from touching your nose or mouth by mistake.
3) Yes, wearing a mask reduces your risk of infection by the Coronavirus because it will trap droplets of mucus and saliva from infected people.

Given the above and a few moments of thought, it is very easy to see that the widespread usage of face masks in any country will drastically reduce the rate at which the disease spreads, especially if people in that country continue to follow other precautions like washing their hands.

Why not just print some fliers, and send them to the hoods? One Mama in my area was hearing of the benefits of handwashing for the first time yesterday.
Lots of people are dying in the countries relying on handwashing, while countries that enforce the wearing of masks are making big gains. Washing of hands will not help you when an asymptomatic carrier coughs in your face or screams at you and you inhale little droplets of his mucus or saliva. Physical distancing will not help you when you are on a queue to buy food or drugs and people are jostling to get in front of you.

You are absolutely right about the need for education, but teaching people to wash their hands won’t cut it. People need to wear face-masks.

23 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 11:35am On Mar 28, 2020
Following...
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by texazzpete(m): 7:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
KubwaBoy:
How do I contact you? I can supply in large quantity.

Do you have N95 masks?
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by Seun(m): 8:54am On Apr 01, 2020
This Lagos lock down has locked down my ability to source for masks in order to distribute them.

11 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by ItooWorWor(m): 9:18am On Apr 01, 2020
grin grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 01, 2020
Seun:
This Lagos lock down has locked down my ability to source for masks in order to distribute them.

Mopeth pharmacy (exploitative baggers) we’re selling a carton of surgical masks at 50k last week.
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by sapientia(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2020
Seun:

Oga... Do give away.

Don't announce it.

Search for some keys words in Nairaland and you will stumble on some NLanders who genuinely need assistance, drop the fund for the masks into their accounts.

Thanks as you do this.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by HenryThegreat1(m): 10:13am On Apr 01, 2020
Seun:
. Lol
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by legalwealth(m): 10:20am On Apr 01, 2020
Seun:

Wonderful! !!

You don't mean it?
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by legalwealth(m): 10:30am On Apr 01, 2020
iClef:

Now, they are going to run. They don't have a skill apart from wacky degrees from wacky universities.

Skill = wealth.
Degrees = noise.
Trying to control another person's wealth = disturbance/manipulation.

Nigerians without skills, but just a certificate and access to Internet, love to disturb and manipulate others. This $h!t pisses me off.

Hope you collected tangible amount for this deal grin! !!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by myforty68: 11:23am On Apr 01, 2020
N95 masks should be for only health workers. The general public is free to use surgical face masks until use it correctly. It may give them a false sense of security and encourage them to take unnecessary risks
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by Seun(m): 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
myforty68:
N95 masks should be for only health workers. The general public is free to use surgical face masks until use it correctly. It may give them a false sense of security and encourage them to take unnecessary risks
If n95 masks are more effective than surgical masks, it makes sense to provide them to anyone whose job involves meeting a lot of people. If putting a n95 mask on a cashier at shoprite can prevent her from getting infected by a customer and spreading it to 100 others, it is worth it.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by HMMD: 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2020
Another thing is to make a dummy advert [like the how to post a targeted advert on nairaland] for the disease' awareness...
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by oboy81: 6:36am On Apr 03, 2020
Kweensavvy:
lolzzz ahahah
what is so funny here?
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by baaliyah(m): 7:17am On Apr 03, 2020
zexy2030:

seun should speak to federal govt to give us 250k to all credible bvn accounts, we have just 40million bvn accounts thats just 100billion naira that just 1/10 budget for 2020.

Bro, 250k *40 million is 10 TRILLION.
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by shanaka4u(m): 11:25pm On Apr 24, 2020
Seun:

If n95 masks are more effective than surgical masks, it makes sense to provide them to anyone whose job involves meeting a lot of people. If putting a n95 mask on a cashier at shoprite can prevent her from getting infected by a customer and spreading it to 100 others, it is worth it.
. truth. sadly, we cannot continue with this lockdown. An alternative like the use of n95 face mask is required.
Re: Coronavirus: What Is Nairaland Giving Back To The Society? by MzTunechi(f): 11:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
Seun:
KubwaBoy said he can supply you in large quantity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! Her Menses Always Stains The Sheets Even When She Uses The Best Pad / Meet Andrew Jones, The Man Who Moves About With His Heart In A Bag Pack / Hairloss/alopacia Concealer -- Toppik Hair Building Fibre(PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.