Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,908 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Common Sense - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Common Sense (208 Views)

Lifting 100m Out Of Poverty: What We Need Is A Simple, Common Sense Approach- Vp / Hijab Controversy: An Appeal To Common Sense / We're Using Common Sense Approach In Addressing Economic Challenges - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Common Sense by amywonda: 6:51am On Mar 27, 2020
At a time when the world seems to be at the brink of disaster, hard lessons are learned . It is my hope that Nigeria is not left out in learning from mistakes past. I could delve into a plethora of arenas littered with embarrassing actions and inactions of our governments past and present. However I would endeavour to keep this rant strictly on an issue I find most laughable . Contact tracing. One is confounded at the idea that the government needs to rely on information provided on a piece of paper at the point of entry in order to trace potentially exposed persons . It goes without saying our leaders are culpable in the spread of covid 19 ,by their inactions .We have a largely underfunded National identity management commission. I dare say , if political will allowed this commission thrive, contact tracing would have been about a few clicks on a computer mouse and not about a piece of paper and the honesty or lack thereof of these passengers . As our corona story unfolds, a lot of decay would keep getting exposed , missed opportunities made apparent , and maybe, just maybe someone high up would do what is right and rewrite some of the wrongs of the past.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Politicians In Self-isolation Over Virus Scare / Assistant Of Food Needed Urgently / Bimbo Daramola Felicitates with Asiwaju Tinubu at 68

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.