Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Open Letter To Nigerians: Brace-up For What Covid19 Is Bringing. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Open Letter To Nigerians: Brace-up For What Covid19 Is Bringing. (437 Views)

My Dick Is Bringing Out Pus / Those Who Claim Covid19 Is A Scam In Nigeria / Coronavirus: China Accuses US Army Of Bringing Virus To Wuhan, Sparks Outrage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Nigerians: Brace-up For What Covid19 Is Bringing. by Nobody: 10:48am On Mar 27, 2020
Good day to you.

Are you braced-up for what may come?

Im not here scare you, let's talk about having a Covid19 free country.
I believe
Things to watch out as this epidemic gets more comprehensive!

World health organizations is calling covid19 an emergency because of its DNA instructions.

This is a very sober time for the world at large. With the view of things, governments are locking down places because the way the virus may spread. The very way to live.
Shaking hands, myths and beliefs are shaking, government all over the world caught abruptly.

My friend told me he just came back from Ijebu where he went to fortify himself against Covid19. Thats his belief, but i quickely reminded him Ooni has closed every traditional activities, maybe the gods are on break for now, who knows? Then we joked about it.

No other way to contain it than call for a total shut down! Advanced countries that are shutting down have more to lose if it goes wrong.

Meaning if a cure isn't found soon... It would take a while to clean up its mess (if)

One more reason why i emphasized that 'if' is that.
If we don't get it right, this thing may go wrong in Nigeria.

I made a list of some possibilities and how to brace up for it.

1. It's unwise to share anything in Nigeria for now.

You see, while some people are clamoring for some sort of relief materials to Nigerians, really?

Just the gathering alone is enough to send havoc to the whole state. Covid19 is a virus that mutates and reproduce very fast.

'Hunger dey the country true true' but let's be sure.

If the souvenirs are even devoid of covid19

High time Nigeria needs to sit and rethink.
We had no time to prepare for this epidemic over here.

My hopes are high that a cure would soon be found, but what if, what if....
A cure would be found soon, health workers are doing their best. Including the World Health Organization.

2. Thank you, Nigerians i don't have the medical facilities to handle Covid19 if... Lol

How many respirators we get again sef ?

We need to come off it, we can do better by just containing it, because i see a case of lawlessness if people ain't seeing good treatment. It's not a good imagination at all.

My hopes are high that this will pass soon. There is this Yoruba musician who visited Napoli and generalized with a famous slang "Napoli like Lagos" understand? grin

Wow, no leader can travel and those outside are not finding it nice either.
Please brace up, i know of a politician around my place who is just back from... I saw a truck offloading some heaps of food in his house. You see let's brace up too, but where is the money?

3. Religious institutions may get some serious backlash.

Now that we know how
Winter may come faster if anyone decides to share among more than 20 people without serious precautions for now...

If a church or mosque can't share anything, well they may decide to help the government with funds.

That would then pose a big question... How would the government share foods and medical facilities and swift medical emergencies?

I certainly unverifiably know that Nigeria doesn't have enough manpower and medical need for its whole populace. I hope this cup pass soon...

Now if science couldn't help yet, religion (hmmm hmmm), government (yinmu), what about it's populace?
Are the people ready to help when the time comes (only time can tell) ? A question we should all ask ourselves truly. If this virus doesn't subdue anytime soon... Are you ready to help humanity?
Can you help with any measures risking your life in the process? And this is where i think those religious book are right about the future, i secretly pray it's not now.
Ain't we our government?

I just hope we would take drastic measures to avoid a future lawlessness for now.

For you and i.

It's not a bad time to make a bikeman your friend.. you'll understand later.

Make sure you know how to manage everything food for now.

Don't forsake informations, be sure of your information's source and double check. A ni soribu oo ( we won't be unfortunate )

Smoking too this time is bad, but i just hope a cure is found soon. WHO said

Smokers are likely to be more vulnerable to COVID-19 as the act of smoking means that fingers (and possibly contaminated cigarettes) are in contact with lips which increases the possibility of transmission of virus from hand to mouth. Smokers may also already have lung disease or reduced lung capacity which would greatly increase risk of serious illness.
https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-on-smoking-and-covid-19

Would we sail through this?

Or

Covid19 would make us understand Nigeria and Nigerians better.
A prophecy approaching an end?

Either ways are nice sweet popcorn to eat.

Please wash your hands regularly, with alcohol based solutions. Don't wait till you get to buy hand-sanitizers. You can make it too, ask me.

See, one reason i honestly try to double-check my news is that if you plus 2 and 2! together, it would become 4. At times many other people can say 2and2 is 22...

Damn, that's why the brain is there, help you and your loved ones!

Please shun fake news (read and check it out before you re-post) stop putting panic on our minds... We are scaling through this too, and this time BETTER!

Abiodun itunu (drabeey)

My sources: www.who.int,

https://wyss.harvard.edu › news › ne...
The Wyss Institute's response to COVID-19: beating back the ...

Cdc

There is this popular vlogger Doctor Mike, he has been wrong on some issues over this SARS-coV-2, but he has always reiterated constantly that his informations are up to date as at the time the video was made.
Yet, he is my good source too!

Re: Open Letter To Nigerians: Brace-up For What Covid19 Is Bringing. by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 27, 2020
There is a way out and humanity would find it.

Artificial intelligence?
Re: Open Letter To Nigerians: Brace-up For What Covid19 Is Bringing. by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:04am On Mar 27, 2020
God that eradicated Ebola will help.us come out of this one unscathed
Re: Open Letter To Nigerians: Brace-up For What Covid19 Is Bringing. by Nobody: 11:18am On Mar 27, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
God that eradicated Ebola will help.us come out of this one unscathed

Unscathed?

I believe the family of doctors who lost their lives won't say that ma.
Re: Open Letter To Nigerians: Brace-up For What Covid19 Is Bringing. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 27, 2020
Germany today?

(1) (Reply)

Coronavirus Test Kits Withdrawn In Spain Over Poor Accuracy Rate / Coronavirus: Number Of Confirmed Cases Hits Over One Million (photos) / Sweden's Controversial COVID-19 Stratergy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.