Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,518 members, 7,812,606 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:08 PM

Wonder What The White Powder In A Latex Glove Is? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Wonder What The White Powder In A Latex Glove Is? (343 Views)

Glove Packing Machine - The New Glove Packing Machine From Our Reputable Company / Woman Does Wonder With Her Back Flip Performance-dele Momodu React / Faith And Patience Works Hand In Glove (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wonder What The White Powder In A Latex Glove Is? by Dewze(m): 1:53pm On Mar 27, 2020
Ok, I wore a latex gloves for the first time in my life today, all thanks to coro bobo. When I took it off later, I realized that both of my hands where white like I had leprosy. I wondered why, only to check and discover that the gloves where laced with some white powder. To tell the truth, it got me a bit paranoid undecided, "I hope these people have not started using this Corona virus fear as a means of spreading anthrax or some other kind of virus through latex gloves", I thought to myself grin. Like I said, I had never worn a latex gloves before and so did not know what to expect. Typical of me, I quickly went into Google to research on it and to my relief and enlightenment found out that the powder was not uncommon in latex gloves and that they are actually put in there for a reason.

I am sure that like me, a whole lot of people will be using these gloves for the first time this period and also like me, will be wondering what it is. If you are, well here is some answers:

If you have ever used latex gloves,you must find that there is some white powder inside latex gloves.Most people may not know what is the powder that inside the gloves.

It is Cornstarch Powder.The cornstarch makes the gloves easier to put on and slip off,especially in busy situations that empolyees need to replace the gloves constantly.It can also prevent gloves from sticking together and keep your hands dry and comfortable,which enable the gloves more resistant to tear and rip than non powdered latex gloves.The cornstarch powders are applied to gloves near the end of the manufacturing process.

Reasons for Using Powdered Latex Gloves

1. To facilitate donning of gloves,making them easier to take on and off.

2. The powder can prevent gloves from sticking together.

3. The powder can keep hands dry and comfortable.

4. Powdered latex gloves are cheaper than powder free latex gloves.

https://www.pidegreegroup.com/What-is-the-white-powder-in-Latex-Gloves-id8657044.html

So there you go. I hope that helps.

1 Like

Re: Wonder What The White Powder In A Latex Glove Is? by CokeBar(f): 1:56pm On Mar 27, 2020
Thank you for letting us know smiley

Informative
Re: Wonder What The White Powder In A Latex Glove Is? by Dewze(m): 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2020
CokeBar:
Thank you for letting us know smiley

Informative

You are welcome.
Re: Wonder What The White Powder In A Latex Glove Is? by tobechi74: 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2020
edicative
Re: Wonder What The White Powder In A Latex Glove Is? by meobizy(f): 2:41pm On Mar 27, 2020
I completely forgot Anthrax was once a thing. Every other year we have one form of biological apocalypse or another to worry about. Thanks, OP. I have learned something new today.
Re: Wonder What The White Powder In A Latex Glove Is? by booblacain(m): 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2020
Nice one op, very informative.

(1) (Reply)

Coruna Virus- Symptoms, Prevention And Treatment / Food Poll!! / Gotv Relive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.