Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,850 members, 7,828,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 (26490 Views)

Naira Depreciation, Inflation, Six Other Events That Dominated Economy In 2021 / How To Influence People To Send You Money Even In Recession. / Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by PHijo(m): 1:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
tundess:
But Nigeria is in a better financial position than 2015 surely ?
We have record receipts from Customs, FIRS, TSA has plugged leaks, loans have been requested, infrastructure is being constructed, rice mills in every state, international airports under construction in every state, agriculture yields soaring, NPower is yielding new economic avenues for youths.
The world may recede but we'll be sailing in blue waters and clear skies.

grin grin grin grin
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by Kolping: 2:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
The making of Stonehenge...

Ogaga87:
Expected with convid putting the door of world economy in ajar state..

Not surprised..

The anger of the Lord is upon us and I'm trusting his mercies to put us back to where we were before..
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by sulaak(m): 4:59pm On Mar 28, 2020
Ayoefa:

I'm glad you agreed that Jona was a complete failure. Buhari has't performed any magic either.
Baba Iyabo did not clear our debt by paying for it, he cleared it by begging our debtors to forgive a huge chunk of the loans. So it's not like he was paying for it with income from oil.

Looking at the figures above even a novice can see the economy improving as the price of crude oil increased. Not only that, this govt has embarked on major capital projects that other govts have left to decay for generations such as rail system, 2nd Niger bridge, road systems, Lagos MMA airports expansion and many others.

Look, if oil is selling for 100 dollars, you can have a monkey as the President and all will be ok. With oil selling for 28 dollars as it sold for when Buhari first came in, even an Harvard Economic PHD can only do so much especially considering what he met on ground.

Beg, steal or pay, Baba Iyabo, cleared Nigeria external debt. GEJ and Buhari have spent the last 10 years building up that debt to an unsustainable level.

With the return to civilian rule in 1999, Nigeria embarked on a relentless campaign for debt relief. Nigeria’s debt, which stood at US$36 billion in December 2004 was unsustainable, President Obasanjo campaigned. Nigeria spends more on interest payments than it does health care and education. Given this debt level, Nigeria cannot achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
This debt relief effort yielded fruit on June 29, 2005, when the Paris Club and Nigeria agreed on an US$18 billion debt relief package.

Nigeria will pay this US$6.2 billion in order to completely exit its Paris Club debt.
In total, therefore, it is expected that the amount of debt cancellation Nigeria will get from this treatment will be about US$18 billion.
https://www.dmo.gov.ng/publications/other-publications/nigeria-debt-relief/570-nigeria-s-debt-relief-deal-with-the-paris-club/file

The 2nd Niger bridge, road systems don't amount to the $35 billion debt that Buhari has accrued in less than 4 years in government. Even the corrupt PDP took 16 years to build up a $63 billion debt and the majority of PDP debt is in Naira or internal debt, that can easily be repaid with local tax and internal revenue.

Lagos to Ibadan rail and the Airport expansion are projects and loans that proceeds Buhari government. In terms of capital project, Buhari hasn't done much, instead, he continues to waste resources on oil refineries the are not refining oil and Ajaokuta steel plant that is not producing steel.
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by Ayoefa: 5:14pm On Mar 28, 2020
sulaak:

Beg, steal or pay, Baba Iyabo, cleared Nigeria external debt. GEJ and Buhari have spent the last 10 years building up that debt to an unsustainable level.

The 2nd Niger bridge, road systems don't amount to the $35 billion debt that Buhari has accrued in less than 4 years in government. Even the corrupt PDP took 16 years to build up a $63 billion debt and the majority of PDP debt is in Naira or internal debt, that can easily be repaid with local tax and internal revenue.

Lagos to Ibadan rail and the Airport expansion are projects and loans that proceeds Buhari government. In terms of capital project, Buhari hasn't done much, instead, he continues to waste resources on oil refineries the are not refining oil and Ajaokuta steel plant that is not producing steel.

$35 Billion debt in 4 years from the sky abi? Keep posting false narratives just to satisfy your false ideology.
No matter facts given to you, you will won't the facts cos you're already blinded by your own false sense of history.

Just listen to you, 2nd Niger bridge preceded Buhari, yeah the bridge was built by Jona, we just couldn't see it because it was covered with terpolin.
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by Jeferious: 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2020
PHijo:

Don't mind them! They don't know other societies are prepared.
As in I'm so tired of some opinions I get to see here. Why would various Nigerian cities be on lockdown? Is it merely because China and Italy used that measure? Would the various state government provide three-square meals as well as other essential needs for its citizens if a shutdown is applied and enforced?

On a lighter note, na now people go sabi the real size of their head, especially when hunger don deal with them finish. Dem no dey tell person at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by PHijo(m): 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2020
Jeferious:
As in I'm so tired of some opinions I get to see here. Why would various Nigerian cities be on lockdown? Is it merely because China and Italy used that measure? Would the various state government provide three-square meals as well as other essential needs for its citizens if a shutdown is applied and enforced?

On a lighter note, na now people go sabi the real size of their head, especially when hunger don deal with them finish. Dem no dey tell person at all

Most Nigerians are employed on a daily basis or rely on sales or contracts for their upkeep. It is hard to imagine ! Hunger may end up having more victims than the corona virus.
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by Jeferious: 6:36pm On Mar 28, 2020
PHijo:

Most Nigerians are employed on a daily basis or rely on sales or contracts for their upkeep. It is hard to imagine ! Hunger may end up having more victims than the corona virus.
And some here are lauding the shutting down of state borders . As for me, I rather get infected a virus that has not yet proven to be a death sentence than to suffer lack, boredom and hunger
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by PHijo(m): 6:39pm On Mar 28, 2020
Jeferious:
And some here are lauding the shutting down of state borders . As for me, I rather get infected a virus that has not yet proven to be a death sentence than to suffer lack, boredom and hunger

Before the shutdown they should have paid money into every active account so people can shop before shutdown. That is how responsible governments behave. They've constituted themselves into a terror group over here.
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by Jeferious: 6:45pm On Mar 28, 2020
PHijo:

Before the shutdown they should have paid money into every active account so people can shop before shutdown. That is how responsible governments behave. They've constituted themselves into a terror group over here.
My dear, the shutdown is unnecessary. Why would a third-world and under-developed country shut down? With the many maladies the citizens are facing already? We would've just been left to carry on with our lives as usual. If we perish, we perish
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by darediamond(m): 6:52pm On Mar 28, 2020
The COMMITTEE OF 300 is Laughing at the World now.

https://www.cia.gov/library/abbottabad-compound/4A/4A92FD2FB4DAE3F773DB0B7742CF0F65_Coleman.-.CONSPIRATORS.HIERARCHY.-.THE.STORY.OF.THE.COMMITTEE.OF.300.R.pdf

If majority of Africans know about these EVIL DARK LORDS that controls Presidential Seat Of All Nations Around the World, NEVER will they allow Europeans in there lives but that rather unite solidly to fight this DEMONIC Committee that own European Union, Owns W.H.O etc., have several coveted N.G.Os laboratories in Africa where they use as Hideouts to release human-activated Super Deadly series of Virus.

Never trust any White.
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by seunayantokun(m): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2020
Afaa to ni iyan a mu, omo re ko ni je tira. This is not always true everywhere. Global recession won't harm some world citizens. But my people in Nigeria have no platform for escape except polithiefcians.
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by Bahddo(m): 11:35am On Mar 29, 2020
Except the Chinese economy. Those evil souls brought this on the world on purpose.
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by Bahddo(m): 11:36am On Mar 29, 2020
Jeferious:
My dear, the shutdown is unnecessary. Why would a third-world and under-developed country shut down? With the many maladies the citizens are facing already? We would've just been left to carry on with our lives as usual. If we perish, we perish
it's still people like you that would turn around to blame the govt when there is an explosion of cases and deaths.
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by Jeferious: 1:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
Bahddo:
it's still people like you that would turn around to blame the govt when there is an explosion of cases and deaths.
Have you ever seen my post when I blamed government for anything? What is government even doing for me? Does government provide food on my table?

Abeg park well. As bad as e bad for Italy, Nigeria never still better pass Italy. Think about it. Think.
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by alterego17: 6:48am On Mar 30, 2020
BOSSFX:
Hello,

Unfortunately, i dont know this kind of things. I only trade. You can easily google and get info as regards this.
My candid advise to you is pls, deal with reputable brokers, though their conditions might be a little bit strigent. Dealing with questionable brokers, the stress wont worth it at the end.

Regards!

Probably u misunderstood mi...I need a reliable broker to sign up with n trade so what broker do u use to trade so I can also use them to avoid stories that touch
Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by BOSSFX: 9:17am On Mar 30, 2020
Ok. I got your point now. My reply was bcus u mentioned brokers that accept bitcoin and i dont know such.

As for brokerage firm, i make use of Ninja Trader (NT), US, for my futures trading and forextime nigeria, for my forex trading.
Both are reliable and good brokers.

Regards.
alterego17:

Probably u misunderstood mi...I need a reliable broker to sign up with n trade so what broker do u use to trade so I can also use them to avoid stories that touch

1 Like

Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by alterego17: 3:55pm On Mar 30, 2020
BOSSFX:
Ok. I got your point now. My reply was bcus u mentioned brokers that accept bitcoin and i dont know such.

As for brokerage firm, i make use of Ninja Trader (NT), US, for my futures trading and forextime nigeria, for my forex trading.
Both are reliable and good brokers.

Regards.

Thanx bro...Ninja ttrader is just wat I need to trade USA stocks

1 Like

Re: IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 by iamimohtal(m): 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2020
MOnkeyBabe:

God Bless you for ConveRSing niCely and coming to his level, even though you don't aGRee with him. The effoRt you made is highly APPReCiaTeD. SteP by SteP. One Day, you may see ReaSOns with the wRiter.

FROm my own AnGle, I think life is ShoRt and DeeP. I Can't aFfoRD to hate anyone no matter what wRonG they have Done me. I would always CoRRect with ComPaSSiOn and wiSh them Well.

Well very said, but sometimes it's just so annoying u go out of ur way to wish evil on them tho it's not the right tin to do....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Nigerian Bank That Operates The Best Kiddies' Account. / Ongoing Remodeling Of A-Line In Ariaria International Market, Aba (Photos) / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Will Not Make Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.