Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,094 members, 7,859,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 10:34 PM

Jos Xmas Eve Bombing Hits Plateau Utd’s Player - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jos Xmas Eve Bombing Hits Plateau Utd’s Player (714 Views)

'I Thank God I Am A Man Utd Player' - Radamel Falcao / Man Utd Player, Zaha Caught Sleeping With His Coach’s (david Moyes) Daughter / NFF Suspends Clubs Involved In Scandalous Score-lines,plateau UTD 79-0 Akurba FC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Xmas Eve Bombing Hits Plateau Utd’s Player by MeGaStReEt: 12:27am On Dec 29, 2010
It has been discovered that a midfielder with Plateau United, Olayinka Olaniyi, was one of the casualties of the Christmas Eve bombing in Jos. According to a statement by the Nigeria Premier League (NPL) side, the player was hit by one of the bombs that exploded on December 24 in the Plateau State capital.

"The management of Plateau United FC regrettably uses this medium to inform the entire Nigerian sporting circle and the football family that Olayinka Olaniyi was badly affected by the December 24, 2010 multiple bomb blasts in some parts of the city," the statement read.

Olaniyi was caught in one of the blasts around Tina Junction, where he resides.
It’s understood that he suffered serious injuries both on his face and left leg and is currently receiving treatment at the intensive care unit of the Bingham University Teaching Hospital (BUTH) in Jos.
Spokesman of the club, Monday Goteng, said that Plateau United was informed of the incident on the Christmas Day by the player’s family.

"We were informed about the unfortunate incident on Christmas Day by his family," he said.
Meanwhile, the Plateau State Sports Commissioner, Hon. Nankim Bagudu, the club's General Manager, Bitrus Bewarang and other officials of the club have paid visits to the player at BUTH.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2010/dec/29/sports-29-12-2010-001.htm

O' my beloved country
Re: Jos Xmas Eve Bombing Hits Plateau Utd’s Player by semid4lyfe(m): 7:14am On Dec 29, 2010
So sad. . .wish the player a quick recovery sad
Re: Jos Xmas Eve Bombing Hits Plateau Utd’s Player by dominique(f): 10:44am On Dec 29, 2010
Hope this doesnt end his football career.
Re: Jos Xmas Eve Bombing Hits Plateau Utd’s Player by medjai(m): 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2010
This is really sad. I heard he's been terribly incapacitated and may never play again. So unfortunate

(1) (Reply)

China's Li Wins French Open Title (li Na Made History) / Uche’s Homosexual Chargecauses More Ripples / Would U Play For Nigeria If You Were A Sports Man??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.