Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,081 members, 7,957,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:46 AM

NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? (305 Views)

As Christians, What Does It Truly Mean By No Sex Before Marriage? / Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. / Christians, What Are The Reasons Why You Won't Go To Church On Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 9:41am On Mar 28, 2020
This is meant to encourage somebody somewhere who is going through suffering because he gave his life to Jesus Christ.
Mine is, my mother swore that it will never happen. A year before I finished primary school I took this decision. After primary school I have to stay 5 years before I go to secondary School because my mother have told my uncle (who volunteered to help me) that there is no school for me except I change my mind about Jesus. She told every relative and Friend that I have grown horn, for this reason, nobody should sympathize with me in terms of giving me food or clothes. They all agreed to this.
I was confused, I wasn't ready to forego my faith in Jesus Christ. So I started to do meanial jobs to feed and save for my secondary School take off. And it took me 5 years to start school.
I felt like to get out of the house, but church members said no. Everyone was afraid of what mother would do should they admit me to their house. Very long story but I want to cut it short. Until I wrote my Junior Waec, I was just catering for myself. I nearly stopped going to school because of finance. And I nearly stopped church because of temptations from females.
The song I use to encourage myself is this
By and by when the mornings come
When the saints of God shall be
gathered home
I will tell them story how I overcome
I will understand it better, by and by
Do you love Jesus? There is a price to pay!
Honestly speaking, to be and to continue as a True Christian is one of the hardest things on this planet.
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by Righteousness89(m): 10:26am On Mar 28, 2020
Persecution, trials, insults is what Powers a True believer to be Stronger!

I Remember a lady who I had planned to get Married to sometime ago. I was so Much in Love. A day came and she asked to drop my belief and place of Worship if I want her..

I quickly asked her to Get Lost!! My Salvation is not for sale.. ( I wasn't even a really committed believer at that time but I really wanted to be Committed).
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by Bacteriologist(m): 10:27am On Mar 28, 2020
Let's flip the coin. Shall we? grin

What persecution have Christians given to others since they gave their life to Christ?

1. Invading personal spaces. Jehovah witnesses and other sects of preachers disturbing people in their homes. Imagine how painful it is when you have insomnia and you managed to get some hours of precious sleep only for one idiot to wake you up by knocking cos they want to preach Jesus.

2. Preaching in buses and at traffic stops: ok apart from being utterly ridiculous, this one is just a pain in the butt. Ain't it.. imagine embarking on a 4- hour bus journey and then you have a Bible humper on board. Preaching from the start to the end. Luckily they alight early or you're in for one LOOOOOONG ride, literally.

3. Threatening others with hell fire at any given opportunity: Not only is this scary, it is especially arrogant. I'm seriously worried about the psychological states of those that do this.
Imagine feeling comfortable telling others that they would burn in an eternal fire. And telling them to accept that god that would send them to hell without batting an eyelid. Seriously Christians stop persecuting others with your place of external suffering. It makes you come across as a sadistic psychopath.

4. Passing biblical morals into law: ok fine we get it...you love your book so much you even dry hump it at times.. but tell us why the rest of us should guide our lives, COMPULSORILY, by your book?
Why should we criminalize homosexuality, abortion and certain forms of dressing simply because a fairytale book says so? That's what your book is to a lot of us (3.5+ billion people actually).

So...CHRISTIANS, Stop PERSECUTING US! #Satire

1 Like

Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 4:04pm On Mar 28, 2020
Righteousness89:
Persecution, trials, insults is what Powers a True believer to be Stronger!

I Remember a lady who I had planned to get Married to sometime ago. I was so Much in Love. A day came and she asked to drop my belief and place of Worship if I want her..

I quickly asked her to Get Lost!! My Salvation is not for sale.. ( I wasn't even a really committed believer at that time but I really wanted to be Committed).

But bro, are you still in the race or how is it going?
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by Righteousness89(m): 7:54pm On Mar 28, 2020
KNOWMORE56:

But bro, are you still in the race or how is it going?

By GOD'S Grace I am Very Well with GOD ALMIGHTY
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 6:01am On Apr 22, 2020
Are you suffering persecution today for Christ’s sake? Cheer up, and look unto Him, “who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame...” Sooner or later, you will be with Him in glory if you do not give up.
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 6:03am On Apr 22, 2020
I will tell you what happened to my other friends who decided to follow Jesus
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 6:06am On Apr 22, 2020
In all, let suffering Christians all over the world be encouraged that they are not the only ones having it tough.
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 6:15am On Apr 22, 2020
It takes great determination to follow Jesus in and evil world
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 6:31am On Apr 22, 2020
A sister left her first husband and got married to another man b4 she was converted. After sometime, she heard about restitution. She has given the new husband 5 children already, she gave the
1st man 1boy. Meanwhile she is the 2nd wife in the new home. The new husband love her so much. Almost all his secrets was with her. The decision to leave him was one of the hardest in her life, but how about missing the love of her LORD?
RESTITUTION HAVE TO BE DONE!
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 6:47am On Apr 22, 2020
The new husband was weeping, promised to leave idols worship and join us in the church. Meanwhile, all the children in the family were coming (even those of the 1st wife) to church. About 2 to 3 people had become stronger in the Lord, they encouraged her to decide for eternity!

SHE DID. And that is the gates of suffering, starvation and deprivation being opened for her and her husband other children.
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 6:56am On Apr 22, 2020
The man told my friends (i.e his children) to stop attending the church. When they didn't, he burned all their clothes, using weapons to chase them from house to house. Sometimes he would come to wait for them at the church premises. Fear, hunger and unclothedness,oh.
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 7:06am On Apr 22, 2020
Please tell me what you have suffered for Christ.
One of the things that makes me weep often for my friends is that they later backslided and up till now they have returned.
NOTE that the backsliding did not come as a result of the suffering,no. It was after the persecutions ended (3-5yrs of intense persecutions).
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 7:16am On Apr 22, 2020
Some Christians backslide because of pains while others because of pleasure (i.e P- and P+ ).
My friends went into sexual immorality and the ladies they pregnanted are still with them up to date.
Re: NL Christians, What Persecution Did Have When You Gave Your Life To Jesus? by KNOWMORE56: 7:19am On Apr 22, 2020
Join believers in the prayer for backsliders to be restored.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Muslim Sect In Jos Riot Over Coronavirus / Bible Game... / Zimbabwe Approves Herbal Treatment For Covid19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.