Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? (1019 Views)

An Atheist View On "God's Plan" / You Were In God's Plan / How Do I Come To Know What God's Plan For My Life Is? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by bstmaketa: 1:46am On Dec 29, 2010
Do I Have to Go Along With God's Plan? click here http://www.churchwords..com
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by manmustwac(m): 3:02am On Dec 29, 2010
Do I Have to Go Along With God's Plan?
YOU ARE BORN FOR A PURPOSE.
It is high time teenagers began to recognize this fact and work towards fulfilling this purposes. Everyone might not have the same mission on this earth but one thing that I believe is that every true believer's mission should be directed towards carrying out the great commission of our Lord Jesus Christ. As humans, we know that the most precious/heart-touching words of a man are usually known at the point of death. This was the same thing that happened to Jesus and that is why he said in the book of Matthew 28:19-20:
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and Of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you",
This is our primary purpose on earth. All others are secondary, Your lifestyle should be one that will show the light of Christ in you. You might not necessarily take up a bible to preach God's word but your life could be a reflection of God's glory. As a successful teen, this should be your primary assignment. If you keep on delaying in carrying out thus assignment, do you know how many beings will end in hell fire? You need to share the word of salvation today so that you free a being from the danger of hell fire. You can be rest assured that once this is done, all other things will be added to you (Matthew 6:33). It should never be forgotten that we are on earth to get it salted (Matthew 5:13). It is therefore imperative to preserve this earth by ministering to someone today.
Therefore avoid slugging it out with God. Play along as he directs your paths.
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by Joagbaje(m): 8:36am On Dec 29, 2010
Yes, but not by force. You have choice
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by InesQor(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2010
manmustwac:

It is high time teenagers began to recognize this fact and work towards fulfilling this purposes. Everyone might not have the same mission on this earth but one thing that I believe is that every true believer's mission should be directed towards carrying out the great commission of our Lord Jesus Christ. As humans, we know that the most precious/heart-touching words of a man are usually known at the point of death. This was the same thing that happened to Jesus and that is why he said in the book of Matthew 28:19-20:
"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and Of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you",

This is our primary purpose on earth. All others are secondary, Your lifestyle should be one that will show the light of Christ in you. You might not necessarily take up a bible to preach God's word but your life could be a reflection of God's glory. As a successful teen, this should be your primary assignment. If you keep on delaying in carrying out thus assignment, do you know how many beings will end in hell fire? You need to share the word of salvation today so that you free a being from the danger of hell fire. You can be rest assured that once this is done, all other things will be added to you (Matthew 6:33). It should never be forgotten that we are on earth to get it salted (Matthew 5:13). It is therefore imperative to preserve this earth by ministering to someone today.

This post was surprising, coming from our dear moderator MMW who is a self-declared atheist. But in some seconds I figured it out: he just imported the link in the OP. grin
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by e36991: 10:22am On Dec 29, 2010
manmustwac:

This is our primary purpose on earth. All others are secondary,  Your lifestyle should be one that will show the light of Christ in you. You might not necessarily take up a bible to preach God's word but your life could be a reflection of God's glory. As a successful teen, this should be your primary assignment. If you keep on delaying in carrying out thus assignment, do you know how many beings will end in hell fire? You need to share the word of salvation today so that you free a being from the danger of hell fire. You can be rest assured that once this is done, all other things will be added to you (Matthew 6:33). It should never be forgotten that we are on earth to get it salted (Matthew 5:13). It is therefore imperative to preserve this earth by ministering to someone today.

InesQor:

This post was surprising, coming from our dear moderator MMW who is a self-declared atheist. But in some seconds I figured it out: he just imported the link in the OP.  grin

@^^^

. . . God sure works in mysterious ways

and thank God for search engines that led MMW to such URL links as below

http://ezinearticles.com/?Do-I-Have-to-Go-Along-With-Gods-Plan?&id=5575703

Wannabe christian, coming out christian, in-denial christian or closet christian?
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by InesQor(m): 11:07am On Dec 29, 2010
@ ^^^

+1 sir.  embarassed You're spot on!

I didn't even google to get the ezine article. And I just clicked the blog link in the OP, same. . .err. . . contents smiley
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by Zodiac61(m): 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2010
bstmaketa:

Only if you are incapable of thinking for yourself.
What exactly is god's plan? How do you know that what you want to do is god's plan, particularly as god probably does not exist?
What do you do when various persons have contradictory plans from god?
Just look at the different christian sects and creeds and you understand that people who talk of god's plan are just making excuses for themselves.
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by manmustwac(m): 1:07pm On Dec 29, 2010
InesQor:

This post was surprising, coming from our dear moderator MMW who is a self-declared atheist. But in some seconds I figured it out: he just imported the link in the OP. grin
I don't like it when people expect you to click a link just to read their story when they can just copy and paste it like what i did. I would've done the same thing even if it was in another section of nairaland.

e36991:

@^^^

. . . God sure works in mysterious ways

and thank God for search engines that led MMW to such URL links as below

http://ezinearticles.com/?Do-I-Have-to-Go-Along-With-Gods-Plan?&id=5575703

Wannabe christian, coming out christian, in-denial christian or closet christian?

Due to the fact that i was not born and brought up in an environment where people were saying ALLAH AKBAR or PRAISE THE LORD i am neither christian or muslin. I was more or less allowed to think for myself. Here in london i frequently see programs on the History channel National Geographic channel and Eden which explain the evolution of our planet four and a half billion years ago and the existence of dinosaurs and pre-historic animals (with proof of their existence) which your God who is supposedly everywhere knows everything and created everything forgot to mention in his holy bible.

Evolution makes a lot more sense to me. I am a 100% atheist, but i prefer to be called a freethinker because my thinking is not blocked by religious belief, superstition, obanje, piance demons imaginary forces etc smiley
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by e36991: 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2010
manmustwac:

I don't like it when people expect you to click a link just to read their story when they can just copy and paste it like what i did.

I would've done the same thing even if it was in another section of nairaland.

Due to the fact that i was not born and brought up in an environment where people were saying ALLAH AKBAR or PRAISE THE LORD

i am neither christian or muslin. I was more or less allowed to think for myself.

Here in london i frequently see programs on the History channel National Geographic channel and Eden

which explain the evolution of our planet four and a half billion years ago

and the existence of dinosaurs and pre-historic animals (with proof of their existence)

which your God who is supposedly everywhere knows everything and created everything forgot to mention in his holy bible.

Evolution makes a lot more sense to me. I am a 100% atheist, but i prefer to be called a freethinker

because my thinking is not blocked by religious belief, superstition, obanje, piance demons imaginary forces etc smiley

@MMW

. . . wonderful and admirable . . . smiley

but sire you seem to forget it is for the LORD GOD to know these things and for you to find out

Concealing certain things is an inspiration and stimulation to explore, to examie, to study, to investigate, to do research, to find out etc

It is God's privilege to conceal things and the king's privilege to discover them - Proverbs 25:2
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by InesQor(m): 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2010
@e36991:

EDIT: Post removed

Argh you beat me to it, bro. I had just started replying MMW but your own post is far more helpful.  grin
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by welovegod(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2010
Yes Friends. You have to go along with God's Plan so as to reach the ultimate in your journey here on earth. Therefore, you need to understand God's leading as a believer.  http://www.ilovegodsite.com/2010/10/understanding-gods-leading-as-christian.html

God's divine guidance is your only source in reaching your goal - http://www.ilovegodsite.com/2010/10/gods-guidance-spiritual-guidance.html.

I hope this contribution was helpful - http://www.ilovegodsite.com/
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by e36991: 11:34pm On Dec 29, 2010
InesQor:

@e36991:

EDIT: Post removed

Argh you beat me to it, bro. I had just started replying MMW but your own post is far more helpful.  grin

@InesQor

Quick on the draw was I?

Sorry. Fingers were dangling micro-inches from the holster

- Blows smoke off barrel grin
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by seyibrown(f): 1:34am On Dec 30, 2010
Do you have to go go along with God's plan? As a creation of God, you are already IN THE PLAN. Going along with GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU is VERY NECESSARY but NOT COMPULSORY!
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by manmustwac(m): 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2010
e36991:

@MMW

. . . wonderful and admirable . . . smiley

but sire you seem to forget it is for the LORD GOD to know these things and for you to find out

Concealing certain things is an inspiration and stimulation to explore, to examie, to study, to investigate, to do research, to find out etc

It is God's privilege to conceal things and the king's privilege to discover them - Proverbs 25:2
Which of the Gods are you referring to? I'll just assume its the God of the bible. Right? Why can't it be more straightforward than that? After i go through the bible and read that proverb am i [size=16pt]free[/color][/size] to [size=16pt]think[color=#990000][/size] for myself read oth[b][size=16pt]er[color=#990000][/color][/size][/b] books and make up my own mind about life and (imaginary god's) plans or do you advise me to stick the religion that you were born and bred into?
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by InesQor(m): 6:34pm On Dec 30, 2010
manmustwac:

Why can't it be more straightforward than that? After i go through the bible and read that proverb am i [size=16pt]free[/color][/size] to [size=16pt]think[color=#990000][/size] for myself read oth[b][size=16pt]er[color=#990000][/color][/size][/b] books and make up my own mind about life and (imaginary god's) plans or do you advise me to stick the religion that you were born and bred into?

PLEASE read other stuff if you want to, and argue it out until you are convinced. God has never been interested in brainwashing people or accepting people because they were brainwashed. Here is what GOD says

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

"Present your case," says the LORD. "Set forth your arguments," says Jacob's King. Isaiah 41:21

Review the past for me, let us argue the matter together; state the case for your innocence. Isaiah 43:26

and more.
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by e36991: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2010
manmustwac:

Which of the Gods are you referring to? I'll just assume its the God of the bible. Right?

Why can't it be more straightforward than that?

After i go through the bible and read that proverb am i
[size=16pt]free[/color][/size] to [size=16pt]think[color=#990000][/size] for myself read oth[size=16pt]er[color=#990000][/color][/size] books and make up my own mind about life and (imaginary god's) plans

or do you advise me to stick the religion that you were born and bred into?

@MMW

First if I were you, I'll be careful with totting the “free think er” montage

or the toeing the freethinker line

and second, I can give better advice . . .

Cha! Goodness gracious me, don't you know, that "sticking to the religion that you were born and bred into" is old school?
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by mabell: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2010
@Poster,
YES. Why you may ask
When a potter handles the clay, he has a particular figure in mind as well as it's use
it's the same with God. He created you with a purpose in mind
So, yes you have to although, you cannot be forced

God had a plan for Jesus too which he followed, so how much more you

They were splendid in appearance, glorious to see; and they were speaking of his death at Jerusalem, to be carried out in accordance with God's plan.
Luke 9:31 (TLB)
Re: Do I Have To Go Along With God's Plan? by GoodBoi1(m): 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2010
smiley It's amazing how the bible has solutions to man's problems. If only we can dig deep ( we can even get answers from what others have dug). God's word is the best we can get and it's for our best.

(1) (Reply)

Kissing And Christianity - Discuss / Wishing All Christians A Happy Easter Celebration / The Resurrection Versus The Qur’an In The Light Of Logic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.