Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,155 members, 7,852,941 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:50 AM

Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC (753 Views)

The Moment Mahmood Yakubu Announced Postponement Of 2019 Elections (PICS) / INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu Wearing An APC Campaign Cap With Broom Design / Court Orders Arrest Of Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 1:09pm On Mar 28, 2020
Dear Professor Mahmood Yakubu.
I want to get something straight about the results which INEC published on its official website.
I want to know Why it was only the presidential result that contained information about the Number of Registered Voters, Number of Accredited Voters, Number of Total Votes, Number of Voided Votes, and Number of Valid Votes.. Please I need explanations.
(See the presidential result in the link below:
https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/2019-GE-PRESIDENTIAL-ELECTION-RESULTS.pdf )
The reason I am asking the above question is because, EVERY other results that were uploaded on the INEC website do not contain all these NECESSARY information; starting from the Senatorial Results, to the House of Representatives Results, the Governorship Results, and to All the House of Assemble Results.
Here below are some exames of such results:
1. https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANAMBRA-CENTRAL.pdf
2. https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANAMBRA-NORTH.pdf
3. https://www.inecnigeria.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/ANAMBRA-SOUTH.pdf
Dear Professor Mahmood Yakubu, I am sending this Freedom of Information Request to YOU (and to INEC also) because I need to have the true information from INEC through the INEC website.
First of All, I need to know WHY INEC didn't see it as necessary to include the Number of Registered Voters, Number of Accredited Voters, Number of Total Votes, Number of Voided Votes, and Number of Valid Votes in all the other election results which they uploaded to their website.
Secondly, I need to know why INEC replied my earlier Freedom of Information Request, telling me that: “all the the information about the Accreditation Data which I was requesting for, are all on the INEC website”, whereas there are No such information on the website... Had INEC started telling lies? (Then, that would be the worst experience anyone could have with INEC - That is, being told Blatant Lies by such a highly respected body.)
Dear Professor Mahmood,
I hope you respond to this Freedom of Information request within seven days, as contained in the Freedom of Information Act; and then, most importantly, You should cause INEC to include all those NECESSARY INFORMATION such as the Number of Registered Voters, Number of Accredited Voters, Number of Total Votes, Number of Voided Votes, and Number of Valid Votes to all the Senatorial Results, House of Representatives Results, Governorship Results, and House of Assemblies Results which same INEC omitted in the results which they published on the INEC website.
Dear Professor Mahmood, I know that I am Not asking for too much. I also know that You can do this within a few days.
Thank You.
And Please, Stay Safe.
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 1:22pm On Mar 28, 2020
I appreciate all those who commented, and those who shared some important comments and posts on all my earlier threads.
I thank you all so much.
You all made the thread got wider view, and made INEC to respond to mails I sent them.
Now, I urge us to do it again.
We need the full information.
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 1:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
Lalasticlala..
Here We Go.
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by kestolove95(m): 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2020
U go like trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by Niggmatic: 1:42pm On Mar 28, 2020
Good
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
kestolove95:
U go like trouble
Yess my dear..
I enjoy it..
It makes me have this go-getter character in me..
And I enjoy it.
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2020
Niggmatic:
Good
Thanks
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2020
Lalasticlala, Please we are still waiting.
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 9:03am On Mar 30, 2020
NaijaRoyalty, evilforest
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 9:08am On Mar 30, 2020
Abdulnur:

Professor is on Nairaland?
He replied after-all.
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 9:13am On Mar 30, 2020
Abdulnur:

Ok then
I hope he reads and answers your 8534789 words questionnaire.
Here is another long questionnaire which he still has to answer to.
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 9:21am On Mar 30, 2020
helinues:
Why should he?
He just had to..
Read up about FOI requests..
There are stringent penalties for MDAs that turn down an FOI request.
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2020
helinues, naptu2
Re: Public Freedom of Information Request To Professor Mahmood Yakubu of INEC by BluntNigerian: 12:37pm On Mar 30, 2020
Dear Seun,
I had to use your medium (Nairaland) to convey this message as a Public Freedom of Information Request to the INEC Chairman.
I had send lots of mails and letters to the INEC Headquarters, but they had not given me any response that satisfied the requests.
Let me give them long rope enough before I start requesting with court actions.
Please, tell Lalasticlala, or any of the mods to push this thread to the front page.
That is just all I need from you, and from your mods and supermods.
I also found your thread on Freedom of Information Requests so helpful too..
https://www.nairaland.com/683781/lawyers-explanation-freedom-information-act

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Govt Heads Back To NCDC, Asks For Review Of Test Results / COVID-19 Lockdown: Gov Abiodun Under Attack For Exempting Dangote Trucks / Buhari’s Draft Speech Leaked Ahead Of Broadcast — But Who Did It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.