Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

The Upcoming Google Pixel 4a Has UFS 2.1 Storage - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Upcoming Google Pixel 4a Has UFS 2.1 Storage (784 Views)

Why Apple Uses Nvme Storage Instead Of UFS And Emmc. / Alert!!! See The Upcoming Infinix Phones 2020 / Samsung Galaxy Z – Introduction To The Upcoming Flagship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Upcoming Google Pixel 4a Has UFS 2.1 Storage by Ayodele100: 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2020
The upcoming Google pixel 4a has UFS 2.1 storage which will help the phone system to have more space when it’s comes to storage but it has not been release let wait for it

The upcoming Google Pixel 4a has UFS 2.1 storage
Arguably the better Pixel phones from last year were the 3a-series and not the flagship Pixel 3 phones due to their considerably lower price while still offering flagship-grade camera experience. But there were a couple of corners that Google needed to cut to bring the cost down and the use of 64GB eMMC storage was one of them.

It seems that this would change with the upcoming Pixel 4a smartphones, though. According to sources close to XDA Developers, the Pixel 4a will come with 64GB UFS 2.1 storage. And it kind of makes sense since modern flagships are now adopting UFS 3.0 and UFS 3.1 even, which in turn means that the cost of UFS 2.1 storage is going down.

The information comes from the bootloader screen of the Pixel 4a as it says “Ufs: 64 SKHynix”. This would ensure considerably faster app load times and OS boot times. At least compared to the older eMMC storage.

Read more

https://itechgist.com/the-upcoming-google-pixel-4a-has-ufs-2-1-storage/
Re: The Upcoming Google Pixel 4a Has UFS 2.1 Storage by stanboy28(m): 7:41pm On Mar 28, 2020
I'd say they are behind..
Samsung is already mass producing their own UFS 3.0 storages..

(1) (Reply)

The Infinix S5 Pro Might Not(be) For You: Let Me Tell You Why... / Clean Uk Used Iphone 7 Available / How Can I Deny Whatsapp Data Connection On My Phone ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.