Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients (18238 Views)

Lagos Discharges Four More COVID-19 Patients / Covid-19 Patients Being Treated In Lagos Hospital Beg Nigerians To Stay At Home / Six COVID-19 Patients To Be Discharged In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by abumeinben(m): 11:07am On Mar 29, 2020
Can anyone confirm from NY?
Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by naijapower(m): 11:08am On Mar 29, 2020
Chloroquine is an effective drug . Who know , know.

Buy a Chloroquine and take 2 tablet daily for 5 days now, as against 4 tablet daily for 2 days and 2 tablet a day.

Disclaimer:
Please, this information is for medical professionals. No one should go self medicating. The process is still on trial in a controlled process under careful clinical study. Only Medical professionals should handle prescription of drugs.

Michael Coudrey posted:
Here is an open letter by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko from NY containing a COVID-19 treatment plan.

Dr. Zelenko successfully treated 350 patients

Dr. Vladimir (Zev) Zelenko
Board Certified Family Practitioner
501 Rt 208, Monroe, NY 10950
845-238-0000

March 23, 2020

To all medical professionals around the world:

My name is Dr. Zev Zelenko and I practice medicine in Monroe, NY. For the last 16 years, I have cared for approximately 75% of the adult population of Kiryas Joel, which is a very close knit community of approximately 35,000 people in which the infection spread rapidly and unchecked prior to the imposition of social distancing.

As of today my team has tested approximately 200 people from this community for Covid-19, and 65% of the results have been positive. If extrapolated to the entire community, that means more than 20,000 people are infected at the present time. Of this group, I estimate that there are 1500 patients who are in the high-risk category (i.e. >60, immunocompromised, comorbidities, etc).

Given the urgency of the situation, I developed the following treatment protocol in the pre-hospital setting and have seen only positive results:

1. Any patient with shortness of breath regardless of age is treated.
2. Any patient in the high-risk category even with just mild symptoms is treated.
3. Young, healthy and low risk patients even with symptoms are not treated (unless their circumstances change and they fall into category 1 or 2).

My out-patient treatment regimen is as follows:

1. Hydroxychloroquine 200mg twice a day for 5 days
2. Azithromycin 500mg once a day for 5 days
3. Zinc sulfate 220mg once a day for 5 days

The rationale for my treatment plan is as follows. I combined the data available from China and South Korea with the recent study published from France (sites available on request). We know that hydroxychloroquine helps Zinc enter the cell. We know that Zinc slows viral replication within the cell. Regarding the use of azithromycin, I postulate it prevents secondary bacterial infections. These three drugs are well known and usually well tolerated, hence the risk to the patient is low.

Since last Thursday, my team has treated approximately 350 patients in Kiryas Joel and another 150 patients in other areas of New York with the above regimen.

Of this group and the information provided to me by affiliated medical teams, we have had ZERO deaths, ZERO hospitalizations, and ZERO intubations. In addition, I have not heard of any negative side effects other than approximately 10% of patients with temporary nausea and diarrhea.

In sum, my urgent recommendation is to initiate treatment in the outpatient setting as soon as possible in accordance with the above. Based on my direct experience, it prevents acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), prevents the need for hospitalization and saves lives.

With much respect,

Dr. Zev Zelenko

cc: President Donald J. Trump; Mr. Mark Meadows, Chief of Staff

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SesxgaPnpT6OfCYuaFSwXzDK4cDKMbivoALprcVFj48/mobilebasic
Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by UrRealG: 11:20am On Mar 29, 2020
This is Good news

Front page worthy lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by MainJoe: 11:20am On Mar 29, 2020
The process of distributing the 5 tonnes of chloroquine to public hospitals in Greece imported from India, is in its final ordering phase.

According to sources, the substance was ordered and manufactured in tablets by the pharmaceutical company Uni-pharma SA, which reportedly announced that it will release 24 million doses free of charge to the Greek state in 200 mg tablets.

The Greek pharmaceutical company received the licence to produce chloroquine in 1984, and released the drug ‘Unikinon’ which is widely reported as a potentially successful treatment for coronavirus.

https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/03/29/24-million-doses-of-chloroquine-donated-to-greek-hospitals/

1 Like

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by ohiz2007(m): 11:25am On Mar 29, 2020
akahp:

Huncle rest abeg!! U don c anybody wey any of those prescription kill b4? We're talking of saving of lives here and ur yammering on side effects. These are even drugs that people take without blinking twice on a normal day. Which serious side effects dem get? Mitchw

You missed my point.

There are various drugs and generic drugs combination that are being tried including the one posted by the creator of this group.

But it's only Amal sample that have been tested mostly with poor outcomes.

Do well and visit the link above and read for your self.

We seem to behave as if we know more than the experts.

I am a medical practitioner myself but I will follow what the WHO is saying because they know far more than any of us.

My one cent

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by Elton02(m): 11:29am On Mar 29, 2020
Lord we are grateful

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by SharpJoe: 11:29am On Mar 29, 2020
In an interview Friday, Zelenko encouraged doctors to resist calls from infectious disease experts to prescribe the drug only as part of clinical trials and to critical patients.

“This is a World War III situation — it’s the virus versus humanity,” he said. “If we were to adopt their approach, there would be an extra million dead people.”

From forward news

1 Like

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by BleedTears: 11:32am On Mar 29, 2020
ohiz2007:
However hopeful this treatment regimen may sound, it has to pass through clinical trials and certified before we can be very sure it's efficacy when used on larger subjects/population which is seriously lacking.

I ll not recommend this as it's potential side effects/adverse drug reactions amongst other things were not also stated here.

The WHO should also be notified and ratify this before it can be used universally.

Please, kindly visit WHO websites for updates and don't involve in any self medication.

A word is enough for the wise.

WHO kill you there. People will be dying and be waiting WHO. keep your stinking WHO to your family

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by Charleys: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2020
Atlanticfire:

It might work. But he needs to alert WHO

WHO you be?

grin
Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by BleedTears: 11:41am On Mar 29, 2020
ohiz2007:

You missed my point.

There are various drugs and generic drugs combination that are being tried including the one posted by the creator of this group.

I am a medical practitioner myself but I will follow what the WHO is saying because they know far more than any of us.

My one cent
Who is us? Just say who knows better than you and your family

Na your type be the Doctors that are secretly prescribing the drugs for their family members alone then come out in public and tell the general public to wait for WHO because WHO knows better than you. C

https://news.yahoo.com/states-doctors-stockpiling-trial-coronavirus-190038095.html
Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by SharpJoe: 11:45am On Mar 29, 2020
Disclaimer:
Please, this information is for medical professionals. No one should go self medicating. The process is still on trial in a controlled process under careful clinical study.

Only Medical professionals should handle prescription of drugs.

Novartis, whose generic drugs Sandoz division manufactures this drug, which is now prescribed for malaria, lupus or arthritis, has pledged to give 130 million doses if the numerous clinical trials in progress confirm the effectiveness of this product. treatment for Covid-19, the viral pneumonia caused by the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 which appeared in China last December.

Preclinical animal studies and early data from clinical trials show that hydroxychloroquine kills the coronavirus, says Vas Narasimhan to SonntagsZeitung. We are working with Swiss hospitals on possible treatment protocols for the clinical use of this drug, but it is too early to say anything definitive.

https://www.en24.news/i24/2020/03/switzerland-coronavirus-according-to-the-director-of-novartis-hydroxychloroquine-is-the-greatest-5.html
Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by Nobody: 11:47am On Mar 29, 2020
Atlanticfire:

It might work. But he needs to alert WHO

WHO is already aware my brother ,They are much interested in having Donations to pursue non working drugs and making Clinical trials on Vaccines that would take Donkey years while people are dying .They don't care about lives that are been lost .Even in France the Government banned Chloroquine now they have unbanned it.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 29, 2020
BleedTears:

Who is us? Just say who knows better than you and your family

Na your type be the Doctors that are secretly prescribing the drugs for their family members alone then come out in public and tell the general public to wait for WHO because WHO knows better than you. C

https://news.yahoo.com/states-doctors-stockpiling-trial-coronavirus-190038095.html
grin

1 Like

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 29, 2020
abumeinben:
Can anyone confirm from NY?
Which NY ,is NY the Authority ,We are talking about saving lives that is already lost 95%

1 Like

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by akahp(m): 11:54am On Mar 29, 2020
ohiz2007:

You missed my point.

My one cent
Lol. Funny how you'd want to wait for ur WHO that's yet to profer a solution than follow someone's regimen with a confirmed effectiveness in such dire situation. Wait for ur WHO na, who hol u. Mitchw

1 Like

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by SharpJoe: 11:57am On Mar 29, 2020
COVID-19: Lagos Begins Clinical Trials of Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin

The federal government through NAFDAC and the Ministry of Health has granted Lagos State permission to commence clinical trials of a combination of hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) and Azithromycin for the treatment of the dreaded coronavirus that is currently burning through human populations around the world.

Given the success the State has recorded so far in the treatment of patients, having treated and discharged six and 10 others due to be discharged in the coming days should they record two negative tests following treatment, THISDAY has learnt.

A presidency source told THISDAY yesterday that the federal government was impressed with the state government and consequently decided to grant the approval for clinical trials of the drugs for treatment of the virus.

From Thisdaylive
Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by akahp(m): 11:59am On Mar 29, 2020
BleedTears:

WHO kill you there. People will be dying and be waiting WHO. keep your stinking WHO to your family
U d mind d human being. "I be medical practitioner", who ask u?!!

1 Like

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by SharpJoe: 12:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
Much respect to Dr. Didier Raoult.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by SharpJoe: 12:14pm On Mar 29, 2020
Much respect to Dr. Vladimir Zelenko.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by SharpJoe: 12:19pm On Mar 29, 2020
God bless The geniuses who saved tomorrow.
Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by maak400: 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
Why is this post not on front page? Seun lalasticlala Mynd Dominique, let people see this!
And why is the whole world not trying out this medication?
Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by SharpJoe: 6:23am On Mar 30, 2020
maak400:
Why is this post not on front page? Seun lalasticlala Mynd Dominique, let people see this!
And why is the whole world not trying out this medication?

Are you minding the mods? Such a thread did not make front page which could save lives.

The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence.

The agency allowed for the drugs to be "donated to the Strategic National Stockpile to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible," HHS said in a statement, announcing that Sandoz donated 30 million doses of hydroxychloroquine to the stockpile and Bayer donated 1 million doses of chloroquine.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/03/29/fda-emergency-authorization-anti-malaria-drug-155095
Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by razible5384(m): 10:24am On Mar 30, 2020
SenecaTheYonger:

Blacks act too inferior. This drug is quietly being used in Hospitals around the world. With this current pandemic,no one has time to perform trial and then publish a paper for copy copy cats to use. Every country is doing everything they can.Africans as usually are waiting for white people to say “ITS OKAY YOU CAN USE IT NOW.” Are blacks too inferior to perform their own clinical trial? Haven’t all your parents used chloroquine before? Did they die? Why can’t blacks conduct their own study? Can we really not function without White people? They’ve already given us expo, do you still want them to write it down on your answer booklet?
God bless you real good
Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by SolarKing1: 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2020
byinks:

The mutation problem can easily be solved by adding dietary selenium
What is your WhatsApp number? Do you have slenium capsules?
Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by byinks(f): 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2020
SolarKing1:
What is your WhatsApp number? Do you have slenium capsules?

This or any other 200 MCG capsule from 6,000 + shipping

We are not on WhatsApp sir..

Re: Open Letter From Dr. Zelenko Who Successfully Treated 350 Covid-19 Patients by SolarKing1: 11:06pm On Apr 02, 2020
byinks:

This or any other 200 MCG capsule from 6,000 + shipping
What's you WhatsApp number?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gain Weight The Fenugreek Way! / 15,000 Doctors Dump Nigeria For Overseas. / Keep Off Rotten Tomatoes To Avoid Cancer, NAFDAC Warns Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.