Stats: 3,150,901 members, 7,810,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG (70935 Views)

Inflation: Tinubu advised Buhari to print more money - Paul Ibe / Council Of State Asks CBN To Print More Naira Notes Or Recirculate Old Notes / Afenifere: Printing More Naira Notes To Fight Coronavirus Is Irresponsible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by rusher14: 5:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
dederocs:

We pay them to print our currencies, because our bleeped up government dont have the equipments/materials to create it, printing money is not rocket science, i know we pay to print from other nations, you can refer to my first post...

The UK pays a company to print its money too.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by rusher14: 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
aragonchuks:
lol coming from someone who haven’t left Nigeria in his life

What does that have to do with slave mentality?

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by NothingDoMe: 6:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
Let the government adopt other monetary instruments as exchange for goods and services. The USD is still strong and they can afford to manipulate it. It is also an international currency almost as valuble as gold.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by aragonchuks(m): 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

What does that have to do with slave mentality?
because you need to be in both countries to understand my point
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by rusher14: 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
aragonchuks:
because you need to be in both countries to understand my point

And if someone's been to both and doesn't share your view, what then happens?
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by aragonchuks(m): 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2020
rusher14:

And if someone's been to both and doesn't share your view, what then happens?
then he/she should stop quoting me
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Niggmatic: 6:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
dederocs:

Say what you know, US government prints currency anyhow and whenever they want, they impose these policies on us via IMF, and WTO...yes the dollar was imposed on us as the benchmark currency for international trade....after the second world war, there was a new world order, read history, they imposed these policies...trade liberalisation, globalisation etc cos they already have the advantage...ask yourself, why we never get interest for our foreign reserve stashed with the IMF/World bank owned by America. The West sees us as food, you zombies need to smell the coffee.

I'm not here for your hearsay
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by dederocs(m): 6:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
Niggmatic:

I'm not here for your hearsay
this is fact, you dont know about the new world order?

An American President declared it in a live broadcast, i dont like mentioning names, read on it. Its real.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by dederocs(m): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
aragonchuks:
lol coming from someone who haven’t left Nigeria in his life
I have actually travelled to a couple of countries, you dont know me...what has travelling got to do with having a slave mentality?
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by dederocs(m): 6:42pm On Mar 29, 2020
bigpicture001:

For domestic economic stimulus govt can give her citizens grants like social benefit for staying home...nd the money will still not be printed...it will b gotte. From our foreign reserve holders: swiss banks...they are still open never closed....

D the naira equivalent printed nd substituted
Our foreign reserve is limited...
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by aragonchuks(m): 6:44pm On Mar 29, 2020
dederocs:

I have actually travelled to a couple of countries, you dont know me...what has travelling got to do with having a slave mentality?
Good for you , and what has comparing America to Nigeria got to do with slave mentality, or you used the word because it is new to you ?
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by bigpicture001: 6:45pm On Mar 29, 2020
dederocs:

Our foreign reserve is limited...

Are u keeping the small there for dead Nigerians...?
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Niggmatic: 6:49pm On Mar 29, 2020
dederocs:

this is fact, you dont know about the new world order?

An American President declared it in a live broadcast, i dont like mentioning names, read on it. Its real.

Like I said, I'm no here for you guys usual "hearsay".

South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia etc are not interested in your new world order theory. Why? Because they have brain. But you African that have sworn to remain unproductive are the first to shout America this America that.

There is no shortcut to development. You have to be disciplined simple.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by dederocs(m): 9:02pm On Mar 29, 2020
Niggmatic:

Like I said, I'm no here for you guys usual "hearsay".

South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia etc are not interested in your new world order theory. Why? Because they have brain. But you African that have sworn to remain unproductive are the first to shout America this America that.

There is no shortcut to development. You have to be disciplined simple.
The topic is about Nigeria printing more notes, follow the argument, i was only pointing out that Western nations did this in desperate times.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by dederocs(m): 9:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
aragonchuks:
Good for you , and what has comparing America to Nigeria got to do with slave mentality, or you used the word because it is new to you ?
I used it cos you seem to infer that America do not go against WTO/basic evonomic principles, for the benefits of its people...they did it with China, France and a host of countries recently...my point is, they dont abide by the principles, but they want others to.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Niggmatic: 9:54pm On Mar 29, 2020
dederocs:

The topic is about Nigeria printing more notes, follow the argument, i was only pointing out that Western nations did this in desperate times.

Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Valkrie: 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-print-more-naira-notes-tinubu-tells-fg/

This man get sense so..?
I see people here are trying hard to launder his image but don't think it would work..

People already know him as a betrayer who can even sell his mother cos of power and position...

This man and him yellow fever teeth no know anything...
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by AFONJACOW(m): 5:46am On Mar 30, 2020
Print more naira you are going to steal.... Thief
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by AFONJACOW(m): 5:48am On Mar 30, 2020
Precious4real50:
No need to do that because his loots alone can save the economy grin cheesy

I still remain Ada ogwashi grin cheesy
sounds familiar.. hmmm
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by PFRB: 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:

sarrki

By the time the epidemic gets to its apex in Nigeria you will then know how stupid those of you opposing Tinubu are.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by VolvoS60(m): 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2020

After 13 pages of strident, fanatical support by purported Tinubu loyalists on this thread for helicopter money and whatnot, we have a rebuttal by Mr. Tinubu. Almost 15 pages - all gone to waste. It hurts. embarassed

Once again - I ask for anyone who has this rebuttal to paste it in full. Perhaps we will then have a new thread with over 20 pages defending the contents of the rebuttal. And fate being the cruel mistress that she is - we might just have a second rebuttal in the next 48 hours discounting the contents of the first.

It will be interesting to watch these 'loyal' men tie themselves in knots trying to defend positions that change like the weather.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Mftivi: 7:29pm On Mar 30, 2020
Masking:
Tinubu might be right.
And I'm quite sure different governments would have resorted to printing cash in critical times.

Liquidity injections that's what its called.

I've always wanted to understand the Economics behind this.

Can someone please explain? Pocohantas?
It is called quantitative easing I believe.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by loswhite(m): 7:58pm On Mar 30, 2020
rusher14:

The word was not invented this year but It was further truggered as soon as the effect of Coronavirus began to take its toll on the economy.

Funny enough, the rest of the world would be printing money too.
How much quantitative easing have we done in the UK?

Following the programme of QE announced in March 2020, our purchases of government bonds will total £645 billion.

Rounds of QE have been announced in response to the economic conditions at the time. This graphic shows how bond purchases have built up over the years:

So do we keep our currency at same level whilst the rest of the world "prospers"?

Many of you like to argue just for the sake of it.

Now that your boss has retracted on his statement of printing Naira hope you will also come out to retract all those your statement.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Sharonstone7719: 12:53am On Apr 02, 2020
So that you can hide more money in your house
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by osuofia2(m): 8:29am On Apr 02, 2020
Ole, so that you can have plenty to steal.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Masking: 8:10am On Apr 11, 2020
pocohantas:

Peeress should be in a better position to explain. He is an ED. smiley

Cc: Peeress, please help us out here.

No, Tinubu can’t be right. A consumer country like Nigeria shouldn’t be going about printing money. There are no goods/services to mop up the cash. We would only end up with hyperinflation.

Thank you mamacita.
Missed this cos i get a 000 mentions due to my silly moniker.
But y you jump me pass for your giveaway nah embarassed was looking to chopping your money lol
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Masking: 8:12am On Apr 11, 2020
4Play:

You can do this safely where inflation is almost non-existent, the economy is at the zero lower bound. This is the case with most western economies where prices are relatively stable. Money printing (quantitative easing) by central banks is the purchase of assets like government and corporate bonds by the central banks to increase the money supply into the economy.

You absolutely cannot do this safely in Nigeria where inflation is skyrocketing and the currency is already under pressure as you will generate a Venezuela or Zimbabwe style hyperinflation scenario.

This problem of copying western solutions for Nigeria, witness the widespread lockdowns over coronavirus, will cost us dearly.

Thank you boss.
Its even called quantitative easing??
Good to know
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by Masking: 8:22am On Apr 11, 2020
Hmm
Thank you. Very interesting analogy.
But me I'm very sure that the resources of countries like north Korea and America are not limited to the 'fifty fowls'
These powers keep spending and investing heavily in nuclear weapons but never go broke.
They are definitely printing money somewhere in the background. I guess their solid economies is cushioning any downsides

L
bigpicture001:

OK...its like this...the whole world is in one room( global economy)

And they all have just 50 fowls to eat ( scarce resources)

Now without fighting but with strategies( economics) each country wants more fowl that. The other ( wealth) ppl scheme out policies to get hold of more fowl nd add to their previous no.
If as a competitor,u becom weak nd decide to ad more fowl to ur self buy hoi g outside the room to bring in fowl....

Ur fowl is invalid...

You have to fight hard to retain ur own fowl whilst still adding more to the ones you already own
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by bigpicture001: 9:52am On Apr 11, 2020
Masking:
Hmm
Thank you. Very interesting analogy.
But me I'm very sure that the resources of countries like north Korea and America are not limited to the 'fifty fowls'
These powers keep spending and investing heavily in nuclear weapons but never go broke.
They are definitely printing money somewhere in the background. I guess their solid economies is cushioning any downsides

No .its not true...the US is the worlds most indebted country...nobody lends north Korea..so they use all their taxes for weapon and are seriously broke

L
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by MCMLXXVI(m): 8:37am On Jun 14, 2022
Ladies and gentlemen, una don see am: AGBADONOMICS, also known as E-CORN-OMICS
The people who want this man as president do NOT mean well for this country, I swear.
Re: Print More Naira Notes - Tinubu Tells FG by 4teenblaq: 10:00am On Sep 05, 2022
This man will finish this country if elected.

God help us

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Body Language Of Yaradua's Mother When Presidential Aspirants Visited Her / Presidency Reacts To ‘leaked’ Audio Of Amaechi Criticising Buhari / Coronavirus: Abba Kyari To Be Moved To Lagos For Treatment - Sahara Reporters