Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:54 AM

Can A Young Person Make Money With A Computer Networking Skill - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can A Young Person Make Money With A Computer Networking Skill (350 Views)

Surviving Africa As A Young Person / Looking For A Computer Networking Internship Position / JOBS TIPS: Here Are 4 Exclusive Tips For Human-Human Networking As A Job Seeker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Young Person Make Money With A Computer Networking Skill by Nobody: 10:12pm On Mar 28, 2020
Hi guys, I need advise from the experience masters in the house, I am a computer science student but I learn tailoring as my handskill, the truth is I am an IT person in fact I have passion for anything that involves IT or computer which was the main reason I went for computer science, but to be honest one needs to make to earn respect both in the family and society because we all know how Nigerians are, I wanted to go for programming but I got discouraged when I realized alot of people are into it so I switched to computer networking and I am wondering if I can make healthy money from it. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Can A Young Person Make Money With A Computer Networking Skill by SoNature(m): 6:28am On Mar 29, 2020
You didn't mention if you are still in school or have finished. Whichever it is, you should try to care less about what people think and focus on developing yourself.

IT services are some of the most sought-after services in the world today. The good thing about computer technology is that it has no known alternative. Yes, you read that right. This means that the number of people who have the skill doesn't matter.

As a tech writer with a degree in Information Technology, I can authoritatively tell you that breaking into the computer networking circus is difficult because companies always ask for experience and certification (CCNA, CCNP, etc).

The best bet is to learn software and app development or web programming. While it will take you some time to become a guru, they have much better long-term benefits. I know a software developer who works in a company in Lagos and his salary #750k. Guess what, he's not even up to 30 years. There are several others who earn millions of Naira in one month.

A computer scientist has no business sewing clothes. You just need to hone your IT skill and enjoy later. Again, try web programming...you can start as full stack or WordPress developer, and progress to PHP later. Don't consider database management (Oracle) because it's the same as networking (CCNA). They are always difficult to break into.

Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Young Person Make Money With A Computer Networking Skill by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 29, 2020
SoNature:
You didn't mention if you are still in school or have finished. Whichever it is, you should try to care less about what people think and focus on developing yourself.

IT services are some of the most sought-after services in the world today. The good thing about computer technology is that it has no known alternative. Yes, you read that right. This means that the number of people who have the skill doesn't matter.

As a tech writer with a degree in Information Technology, I can authoritatively tell you that breaking into the computer networking circus is difficult because companies always ask for experience and certification (CCNA, CCNP, etc).

The best bet is to learn software and app development or web programming. While it will take you some time to become a guru, they have much better long-term benefits. I know a software developer who works in a company in Lagos and his salary #750k. Guess what, he's not even up to 30 years. There are several others who earn millions of Naira in one month.

A computer scientist has no business sewing clothes. You just need to hone your IT skill and enjoy later. Again, try web programming...you can start as full stack or WordPress developer, and progress to PHP later. Don't consider database management (Oracle) because it's the same as networking (CCNA). They are always difficult to break into.

Good luck
Tnx boss for your advice, well am still a student but I don't know maybe it's because I haven't seen one but in the north where am currently based you hardly find companies that employ programmers, I think I should move to Lagos or Abuja after studies.
Re: Can A Young Person Make Money With A Computer Networking Skill by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2020
SoNature:

Good luck
How long will it take to learn those languages
Re: Can A Young Person Make Money With A Computer Networking Skill by Haywhyluv: 12:19am On Apr 02, 2020
SoNature:

Good luck

Really love ur points, can we have a private chat Sir, my number 08130129374

(1) (Reply)

Medical Laboratory Scientist Needed For Immediate Employment / Chauffer Services / A Caregiver Urgently Needed In Enugu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.