Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,249 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Russia Has Developed COVID-19 Treatment Based On Anti-malaria Drug - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Russia Has Developed COVID-19 Treatment Based On Anti-malaria Drug (557 Views)

NAFDAC Nabs Businessman, Obinna Igbo, Over Importation Of Fake Anti-Malaria Drug / Dr. Yunusa Thairu Explains COVID-19 Treatment Regimen / Pharmacist Raises Alarm Over Fake Anti-malaria Drug In Circulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia Has Developed COVID-19 Treatment Based On Anti-malaria Drug by drfun(m): 10:54pm On Mar 28, 2020

Russia’s Federal Biomedical Agency on Saturday said it has developed a drug for the treatment of COVID-19.

Russia’s Federal Biomedical Agency on Saturday said it has developed a drug for the treatment of COVID-19.
The agency said its drug was based on mefloquine, which is used to prevent or treat malaria.

The drug will allegedly provide effective treatment for COVID-19 patients with varying severity.

According to the agency’s statement, the drug prevents virus replication in cells and as a result, stops the inflammatory process caused by the virus.

Veronika Skvortsova, the agency’s head, said Mefloquine has to be combined with antibiotics for the maximum effect, allowing an increase in the concentration of antiviral agents in blood plasma and lungs.

“This will ensure effective treatment of patients with various degrees of coronavirus infection,” Skvortsova said.

The agency said it was developing an effective and safe scheme for the prevention of coronavirus on the basis of mefloquine.

Source: http://ecliks.com.ng/blog/2020/03/28/russia-has-developed-covid-19-treatment-based-on-anti-malaria-drug
Re: Russia Has Developed COVID-19 Treatment Based On Anti-malaria Drug by Mrshape: 10:58pm On Mar 28, 2020
It is still underdevelopement ?
Re: Russia Has Developed COVID-19 Treatment Based On Anti-malaria Drug by xcelentattitude(m): 11:02pm On Mar 28, 2020
Lemme book space first. I'll come back tomorrow morning grin
Re: Russia Has Developed COVID-19 Treatment Based On Anti-malaria Drug by Bluntguy: 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2020
The first good news since the past two weeks
Re: Russia Has Developed COVID-19 Treatment Based On Anti-malaria Drug by GMacbeth: 11:24pm On Mar 28, 2020
Good news we are tired of staying at home
Re: Russia Has Developed COVID-19 Treatment Based On Anti-malaria Drug by Okmei3119: 11:27pm On Mar 28, 2020
Better ooo

Cause my daughter is seriously ill and I am scared of taking her to the hospital.
Re: Russia Has Developed COVID-19 Treatment Based On Anti-malaria Drug by oluwanimoduroty: 11:29pm On Mar 28, 2020
Hopefully the end of the virus is near
Re: Russia Has Developed COVID-19 Treatment Based On Anti-malaria Drug by Illusioneffect(m): 11:31pm On Mar 28, 2020
Okmei3119:
Better ooo

Cause my daughter is seriously ill and I am scared of taking her to the hospital.

eh, pls take her o, maybe to a private hospital eh
Re: Russia Has Developed COVID-19 Treatment Based On Anti-malaria Drug by olaric(m): 11:35pm On Mar 28, 2020
Don't know what to say at this point. Probably observe things as they unfold.

(1) (Reply)

Huawei Body Fat Scale Monitor Gadget / More Deaths Recorded As Coronavirus Global Cases Tops 4 Million / How To Lose Fat Belly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.