Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

How Receptive Are Nigerians To African Americans/"akatas"? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Receptive Are Nigerians To African Americans/"akatas"? (2044 Views)

The Rift Between African-Americans And Recent African Immigrants To The US / African-americans Trace Roots To Igbo Land / Eri Festival: Ooni Of Ife, 25 African Americans To Storm Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Receptive Are Nigerians To African Americans/"akatas"? by Astark: 7:38am On Apr 03, 2020
I love black Americans and their county so I will tell you the grutg about Africa but esoeespeci Nigeria.

No matter don't plan to stay in Nigeria permanently, it's the most useless and worthless country in the world.

If you plan to visit nigeria please don't go to the northern part, they are terrorist and bombers.

That is all I have to say
Re: How Receptive Are Nigerians To African Americans/"akatas"? by Dollywood(m): 1:21am On Apr 04, 2020
baiaon:

Just look at the way this loser is chasing.
You are pathetic

Exactly! U read my mind, I knew that's what he's up to.
Re: How Receptive Are Nigerians To African Americans/"akatas"? by HORRORIZON: 2:07am On Apr 04, 2020
Greystone:

You asked a question that I'd like to ask you.

What do African-Americans think of Nigerians?
Any stereotypes?

The first thing that comes to most of our minds when we think of Nigerians, is that you'all are extremely corrupt and dishonest. Fraudsters/swindlers/liars/cheats to put it simply. Disorganized and abrasive is another, along with flashy. Love to show off or brag, overbearing and condescending as well, just to name a few. Hard workers, creative and resourceful though and intelligent as well.
Re: How Receptive Are Nigerians To African Americans/"akatas"? by HORRORIZON: 2:18am On Apr 04, 2020
IDENNAA:
I dont feel connected to black Americans, maybe Caribbeans but definitely not BA.

And why is that?
Re: How Receptive Are Nigerians To African Americans/"akatas"? by Cousin9999: 3:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
Cousin9999:
T r o l l thread.
Re: How Receptive Are Nigerians To African Americans/"akatas"? by Greystone: 7:41am On Sep 07, 2022
kaili:
Much like anywhere else, there are the intelligent and the ignorant.

For the most part, Nigerians are revered as being highly educated, hard-working individuals-- especially when they make their way to the U.S. and U.K. However, a small percentage of African Americans watch far too much television and believe that the African continent (as a whole) is impoverished, famished, and primitive. I'd say it's somewhat similar to our previous discussion of how Nigerians view us, as a result of negative media portrayal.
P.S: My apologies for the late response. The time difference between us is pretty significant! grin

I don’t know if you still visit this forum but I hope you’re good and doing well wherever you are.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me Translate This In Yoruba / Meet African King Who Works As Mechanic In Germany And Rule His People Via Skype / Lagos Carnival 2013 (exclusive Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.