Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) (1956 Views)

American Pitbull Terrier (APBT) Female Puppy Available For A New Home or Swap / Litter Announcement- American Pitbull Terriers / 6month Old American Pitbull Terrier Available. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Demide007(m): 10:58am On Mar 29, 2020
Hey folks so recently I got my dog Lord Draco “Malfoy” Lee, a White Male American Pitbull Terrier a month back at 7weeks(he’s 11weeks now). I was an avid Harry Potter book series reader, so it’s only fair I was inspired to name my boy after one of the controversial characters in the franchise.

“Pitbulls are dangerous” “Pitbulls attack their owners” “Pitbulls can’t be tamed”, these are few amongst the fears people associate with owning a pitbull. Most of these folks have no idea pitbulls are a general name for a class of four dogs which originated from a mix of bulldogs, and the pitbull just like every other dog reacts/responds to whatever training was instilled to it from its young age. A Chihuahua and other toy dogs have tendencies to be unruly than a pitbull if not well trained, the only difference is they don’t have the agility and biteforce of bigger dogs.

It’s important to note that a Pitbull is not advisable for a first time dog owner or one who hasn’t trained dogs before as they are quite filled with energy and you have to be able to keep up with them or else you’ll be stuck with a stubborn dog that doesn’t listen to you and would eventually attack your acquaintances or neighbors and even you if care is not taken.

I personally had a Rottweiler when I was quite young but it died during the harmattan period then due to complications arising from sickness. I’ve also trained a Boerboel for my Uncle for 2years when he travelled out and needed a caretaker for it. A pedigree Boerboel is a beautiful and one of the best guard dogs to own presently.

My Uncle finally returned late last year and the Boerboel was returned to him and I was duly compensated. I then decided it was time to get a new dog for myself, so I was stuck with the decision of what breed to select and factors that’ll influence my final decision.

I am a very athletic person myself as I constantly take jogs and lift weights 4-5 times a week. I usually took my Uncle’s dog while jogging, but I can tell you from experience with my Uncle’s dog, that the Boerboel is not really cut out for long distance walks as they have a strong attachment to the Home, so after a while jogging/walking it stops or tries to turn around back home.

So I made research on dogs that were very active when it came to exercise or high pressure tasks and the APBT suited the kind of lifestyle I live best from the dogs I saw.

Anyways Draco is 11 weeks now and from week 8 I started socializing him with my acquaintances and my friends dogs. Despite him still being small it’s safe to say no dog can bully a pitbull, despite his age/size Draco holds his own against every other dog he’s met during their “rough plays”.

I also started teaching him basic instructions and monitored his potty training from week 9(Now he knows the right spot to poop and pee), I also have a spacious compound so I’ve started leash training him and taking him on walks in the vicinity and sometimes a community park in my area where I unleash him and let him run his heart out.

I’m still trying to work on the best feeding plan for him and if I should get Bullymax, although I’m not really after him getting extremely big, I’m more focused on his athleticism.

Thanks for reading up to this point, kindly correct in areas I might have lapsed and suggest measures I can take to ensure he grows to be a well groomed and obedient dog.

1 Like

Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Dreazy23(m): 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2020
Demide007:
Hey folks so recently I got my dog Lord Draco “Malfoy” Lee, a White Male American Pitbull Terrier a month back at 7weeks(he’s 11weeks now). I was an avid Harry Potter book series reader, so it’s only fair I was inspired to name my boy after one of the controversial characters in the franchise.

“Pitbulls are dangerous” “Pitbulls attack their owners” “Pitbulls can’t be tamed”, these are few amongst the fears people associate with owning a pitbull. Most of these folks have no idea pitbulls are a general name for a class of four dogs which originated from a mix of bulldogs, and the pitbull just like every other dog reacts/responds to whatever training was instilled to it from its young age. A Chihuahua and other toy dogs have tendencies to be unruly than a pitbull if not well trained, the only difference is they don’t have the agility and biteforce of bigger dogs.

It’s important to note that a Pitbull is not advisable for a first time dog owner or one who hasn’t trained dogs before as they are quite filled with energy and you have to be able to keep up with them or else you’ll be stuck with a stubborn dog that doesn’t listen to you and would eventually attack your acquaintances or neighbors and even you if care is not taken.

I personally had a Rottweiler when I was quite young but it died during the harmattan period then due to complications arising from sickness. I’ve also trained a Boerboel for my Uncle for 2years when he travelled out and needed a caretaker for it. A pedigree Boerboel is a beautiful and one of the best guard dogs to own presently.

My Uncle finally returned late last year and the Boerboel was returned to him and I was duly compensated. I then decided it was time to get a new dog for myself, so I was stuck with the decision of what breed to select and factors that’ll influence my final decision.

I am a very athletic person myself as I constantly take jogs and lift weights 4-5 times a week. I usually took my Uncle’s dog while jogging, but I can tell you from experience with my Uncle’s dog, that the Boerboel is not really cut out for long distance walks as they have a strong attachment to the Home, so after a while jogging/walking it stops or tries to turn around back home.

So I made research on dogs that were very active when it came to exercise or high pressure tasks and the APBT suited the kind of lifestyle I live best from the dogs I saw.

Anyways Draco is 11 weeks now and from week 8 I started socializing him with my acquaintances and my friends dogs. Despite him still being small it’s safe to say no dog can bully a pitbull, despite his age/size Draco holds his own against every other dog he’s met during their “rough plays”.

I also started teaching him basic instructions and monitored his potty training from week 9(Now he knows the right spot to poop and pee), I also have a spacious compound so I’ve started leash training him and taking him on walks in the vicinity and sometimes a community park in my area where I unleash him and let him run his heart out.

I’m still trying to work on the best feeding plan for him and if I should get Bullymax, although I’m not really after him getting extremely big, I’m more focused on his athleticism.

Thanks for reading up to this point, kindly correct in areas I might have lapsed and suggest measures I can take to ensure he grows to be a well groomed and obedient dog.

Bully max provides the right nutrients for this breed, great pup you have there.
I noticed your confidence which is nice but please for cautious for the safety of your pup.
Pitbulls aren’t furry so baths would do.

Looking forward to updates from you(I’m a fan of Pitbulls)
I’m a fan of Hulk from dog dynasty grin
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Demide007(m): 7:12pm On Apr 04, 2020
Dreazy23:

Bully max provides the right nutrients for this breed, great pup you have there.
I noticed your confidence which is nice but please for cautious for the safety of your pup.
Pitbulls aren’t furry so baths would do.

Looking forward to updates from you(I’m a fan of Pitbulls)
I’m a fan of Hulk from dog dynasty grin
Yea thanks I’ve been feeding him Boneless chicken and goat meat also. Although I read regular baths aren’t good, but due to his Color(White) I bathe him twice a month, then use a wet Towel to mop him on some days to reduce stain. Was going to get Bullymax but due to the stay home order cos of COVID-19 that will have to wait till the order is lifted.
Yes Hulk is a Bully breed though, that dog is a beauty.
I’ll keep on posting updates. Thanks for the advice.
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Dreazy23(m): 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2020
Demide007:

Yea thanks I’ve been feeding him Boneless chicken and goat meat also. Although I read regular baths aren’t good, but due to his Color(White) I bathe him twice a month, then use a wet Towel to mop him on some days to reduce stain. Was going to get Bullymax but due to the stay home order cos of COVID-19 that will have to wait till the order is lifted.

You’re welcome, can you clarify on the bully breed?
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by ebenson90(m): 8:32am On Apr 05, 2020
Nice dog you have there op....can't wait to watch him grow... grin
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by IamAnderson(m): 9:59am On Apr 05, 2020
Dreazy23:

You’re welcome, can you clarify on the bully breed?
hulk isn't an apbt, he's a bully and even still mixed and enhanced at that. he's barely considered a pitbull
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Dreazy23(m): 4:05pm On Apr 05, 2020
IamAnderson:

hulk isn't an apbt, he's a bully and even still mixed and enhanced at that.
he's barely considered a pitbull
I noticed he doesn’t look like the average pitbull at all
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by IamAnderson(m): 1:25am On Apr 06, 2020
Dreazy23:

I noticed he doesn’t look like the average pitbull at all
he's not, he doesn't even conform to the breed standard.
I always wonder why people use him as an example of pitbulls when he's obviously not like any pitbull they have seen.
hulk isn't really a pitbull
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by agboedeh: 1:17pm On Apr 06, 2020
IamAnderson:

I always wonder why people use him as an example of pitbulls when he's obviously not like any pitbull they have seen.
is there a difference between a pitbull and an APBT
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Eveezy(m): 1:22pm On Apr 06, 2020
IamAnderson:

So what will you call hulk since he isn’t really a Pitbull?
I think Hulk is an American Bully and not an American Pitbull terrier, he may have been enhanced, but he conforms
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Eveezy(m): 1:25pm On Apr 06, 2020
agboedeh:
is there a difference between a pitbull and an APBT
Pitbul is the general name for dogs in that umbrella, We have American pitbull Terrier(APBT) American Bullies, American Stafordshire Terrier
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by IamAnderson(m): 2:47pm On Apr 06, 2020
Eveezy:

Pitbul is the general name for dogs in that umbrella, We have American pitbull Terrier(APBT) American Bullies, American Stafordshire Terrier
exactly
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by IamAnderson(m): 2:58pm On Apr 06, 2020
Eveezy:

So what will you call hulk since he isn’t really a Pitbull?
I think Hulk is an American Bully and not an American Pitbull terrier, he may have been enhanced, but he conforms
hulk is a bully yes and he's called a pitbull but that doesn't mean he conforms.
hulk is like the most popular pitbull in the world yet do you see him win any shows? do you see him in any article as an example of pitbull? think about it.
he's not recognized anywhere as a dog with honours except his YouTube channel and on Instagram.
he's enhanced and mixed which is why you cannot find lots of kennels with dogs like that.
using him as an example of pitbull is just ridiculous cheesy
do you know yushu? he's the world's biggest Tibetan mastiff and he weighs 250lbs while hulk weighs 170lbs. so imagine how massive yushu is, yet yushu isn't posted anywhere as an example of Tibetan mastiffs, he also doesn't go for appraisal or dog shows too same with hulk and Wendy(the worlds largest whippet).
vastelin( one of the biggest Caucasian shepherds) was almost treated like that too but he was given a pass and you can find him on a few websites(although never on something official like akc or Wikipedia).
he was given a pass because the difference wasn't drastic and fake compared to other Caucasians unlike hulk, yushu and Wendy.

I'll never understand why hulk gets a pass as being referred to as pitbull much less an example of what a pitbull should look like..
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by agboedeh: 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2020
Eveezy:

That is my thoughts as well. So I believe hulk should be called a pitbull
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by IamAnderson(m): 4:14pm On Apr 06, 2020
agboedeh:
hmmm....I'll admit he has that pass but I feel using him as an example of pitbull is wrong
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Spanishmilf(m): 4:44pm On Apr 06, 2020
Demide007:

You are here it me wizplyn.
Nice I hope you enjoy your pup
Thanks for patronising me boss
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Spanishmilf(m): 4:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
agboedeh:
Hulk, the giant dog, is believed by some to be a cross between an American bulldog and a American pit bull terrier. Not even fully grown yet at 22 months, Hulk clocked in at 175 pounds. He serves as a cash cow for Dark Dynasty K9s.
He is not accepted by K9
Hulk serve as people attraction and cash out
One pup is up to 23k$
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Spanishmilf(m): 4:54pm On Apr 06, 2020
An American pit bull is not aggressive like human aggression they have animal aggression. People train them to be a demon to be a beast. Na why people hate the APT
I remember when I wanted to pick Draco from his father they had to change his chain every time, the owner was telling me it will attack me I was fecking scared lol. I will recommend gorilla max and some dry food
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Eveezy(m): 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2020
Spanishmilf:
An American pit bull is not aggressive like human aggression they have animal aggression. People train them to be a demon to be a beast. Na why people hate the APT
I remember when I wanted to pick Draco from his father they had to change his chain every time, the owner was telling me it will attack me I was fecking scared lol. I will recommend gorilla max and some dry food
Can you share Draco parent pics?
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by agboedeh: 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2020
IamAnderson:

hmmm....I'll admit he has that pass but I feel using him as an example of pitbull is wrong
okay, I understand were u coming from bro.
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Spanishmilf(m): 8:04pm On Apr 06, 2020
Eveezy:

Can you share Draco parent pics?
I didn't have time to take pic I only record them. Because he wasn't stable wanted to attack me lol I only have him in videos.
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by IamAnderson(m): 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
agboedeh:
okay, I understand were u coming from bro.
no worries bro
Re: Diary Of Lord Draco (an American Pitbull Terrier) by Shekoniadebayo: 1:28pm On Apr 12, 2020
Demide007:

Wow so lovely, nice dog grin

(1) (Reply)

Pomeranian Puppies FOR SALE / Do Not Feed You Dogs This Foods!!! / Police Parade Dogs That Attacked Four-year-old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.