Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,362 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

COVID-19: NCC Should Please Direct Telecoms Providers To Reduce Data Rates - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / COVID-19: NCC Should Please Direct Telecoms Providers To Reduce Data Rates (198 Views)

Why Ncc Should Sanction Airtel Nigeria For Shortchanging Nigerians / Damasak: UN Confirms Boko Haram Attack On Its Facility. Aid Services To Reduce / I Will Fix Electricity And Reduce Data Rates If I'm President - Frank Donga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: NCC Should Please Direct Telecoms Providers To Reduce Data Rates by richestjozy(m): 11:14am On Mar 29, 2020
Hello everyone.

At a time like this, I think the proper thing for NCC to do is to issue a directive to all Telecom Providers to reduce their internet data rates. This will at least make life easier for people during this lock-down period. Many people have lost their jobs and avenues of daily income. How does the NCC expect them to keep up with the latest information concerning the situation around them? Most people rely solely on the internet in order not to get killed by boredom at this period. Most students will need the lots of internet data to keep up with schooling online. I even believe that access to educational websites and materials should be made free for now. The reduction in the data rates will also make the stay-at-home order by various state governments a little more bearable and acceptable by Nigerians.

It is very obvious that Telecom providers will make more money this time as most people will be forced to buy two or three times more internet data and airtimes than they always have for obvious reasons. This is not the time for Telecom providers to exploit Nigerians. This is the time to really help the society in their various capacities.

NCC should please do the needful as soon as possible. This might just restore the hope of Nigerians in the organisation.

Thank you.
Re: COVID-19: NCC Should Please Direct Telecoms Providers To Reduce Data Rates by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 29, 2020
Forget those people. Na so dem say dstv go allow naija channels to air without sub. Baba notin dey show

(1) (Reply)

Make Extra $$$ This Period / Some Important Fact You Need To Know About Roman Reigns / COVID-19: Chinese Proscribe Eating Of Dogs, Snakes, Frogs And Cats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.