Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,743 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus (1080 Views)

7 Reasons A Christian Should Not Take Alcohol / To Know This As A Christian Will Solve All Of Your Problems / No True Christian Will Marry A Muslim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by wahoom(m): 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
I just want us to debate on this topic because there are so many religious people in Nigeria that would rather choose to die than take alcohol and even back their decision with relevant bible references.

You never can tell, WHO can come out tomorrow to declare alcohol as a vaccine to corona virus.

As a devoted Christain that doesn't take alcohol because its against your faith, if it comes to a matter of life and death, will you take it to stay alive.

Mod please move to front page, let's debate on this.

Thanks?
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by ClassicMan202(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
I still dey sip am even though no be the cure grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Righteousness89(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
wahoom:
I just want us to debate on this topic because there are so many religious people in Nigeria that would rather choose to die than take alcohol and even back their decision with relevant bible references.

You never can tell, WHO can come out tomorrow to declare alcohol as a vaccine to corona virus.

As a devoted Christain that doesn't take alcohol because its against your faith, if it comes to a matter of life and death, will you take it to stay alive.

Thanks?

NO! I will not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Duru9(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
Bible didn't condem alcohol it only condemned too much of it

7 Likes

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by manuel4real(m): 2:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
Let's start from u op, will u drink it
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Comedian2019: 2:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
Duru9:
This shows you study the bible youself. Yes, Christianity does not forbid alcohol.
No law in the bible forbid alcohol.

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by ojun50(m): 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
No I will not come and beat me
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Totilopussylick(m): 2:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
Another opportunity for alcoholic dealers
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by edoairways: 2:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
Duru9:
The bible condemned drunkenness. The bible was silent on whether to take alcohol or not. If is advisable to stay clear from it since it can be abused hence leading to sin.
Should a Christian take alcohol ? The answer depends on the reason for such consumption see 1Tim 5:23. However you know how an average human react. Just a little win will result to 10 bottles of alcoholic drink

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Reality11: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

NO! I will not

Would you allow your siblings or children to take it?
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Nobody: 2:36pm On Mar 29, 2020
This thread wont end well o. Nawa o
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by caddylac(m): 2:37pm On Mar 29, 2020
wahoom:

As a devoted Christain that doesn't take alcohol because its against
your faith, if it comes to a matter of life and death, will you take it to stay alive.

And who told you the intake of alcohol is prohibited in the Bible?

Thanks?
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Nobody: 2:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

NO! I will not
by faith and personal hygiene this evil disease can never get to us...there shall no evil before us neither shall any plaque come near our dwelling. it pays to serve GOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by omoiyamayor(m): 3:11pm On Mar 29, 2020
You will die and realise in heaven that religion dont exist that side,and you will look like a fool in front of angels
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Oledia(m): 3:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
I will change my name to Timothy so that I can take a little for the ailment sake.
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by wahoom(m): 3:26pm On Mar 29, 2020
Even at the point of death?

NO! I will not[/quote]

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by wahoom(m): 3:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
manuel4real:
Let's start from u op, will u drink it

I do drink occasionally

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Righteousness89(m): 3:40pm On Mar 29, 2020
Koginaija:
by faith and personal hygiene this evil disease can never get to us...there shall no evil before us neither shall any plaque come near our dwelling. it pays to serve GOD.
Absolutely brother

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Righteousness89(m): 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2020
Reality11:

Would you allow your siblings or children to take it?
My kids can't do that as long as they are under my care..

My siblings are old enough to decide for themselves.. I can only advise them.. I can't force them..
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Reality11: 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

My siblings are old enough to decide for themselves.. I can only advise them.. I can't force them..

What do you say about Jehovah witness refusing blood transfusion to their children. So you are doing the same?
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

thank God youre not my dad oo grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Righteousness89(m): 3:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
Reality11:

What do you say about Jehovah witness refusing blood transfusion to their children. So you are doing the same?

I don't know what u talking about Bro..

How does Blood relate to alcohol?
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Righteousness89(m): 3:47pm On Mar 29, 2020
beardlessdude:
thank God youre not my dad oo grin

Hallelujah
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Reality11: 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

I don't know what u talking about Bro..

How does Blood relate to alcohol?

Am not relating blood to alcohol, I just want to hear your take about JW refusing blood transfusion for their children. Are you a supporter of such act?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Wommack(m): 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
The Bible is not against alcohol. But too much of it is a sin, which also applies to most things including food.

The first miracle of Jesus was turning water into alcoholic wine.

So if it's a cure, you'd be stupid not to take it.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Nobody: 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

Hallelujah
Quite alright you desist from alcohol pastor. But you can hold this back right ? You follow the woman on the pics below oh grin grin abi issit your wife ? Sorry ooo. Not trying To intrude just inquisitive

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by wahoom(m): 3:55pm On Mar 29, 2020
Forget all this religious people saying no.
When the die is cast, you will see the anointing of alcohol coming on them.
Talk is cheap, you know?
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Righteousness89(m): 3:57pm On Mar 29, 2020
beardlessdude:
Quite alright you desist from alcohol pastor. But you can hold this back right ? You follow the woman on the pics below oh grin grin abi issit your wife ? Sorry ooo. Not trying To intrude just inquisitive

And so what happens ? Who is she?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Mariangeles(f): 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2020
Righteousness89:

NO! I will not
Taking an alcoholic drink is not bad, unless you abuse it.
Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Stephenmoka4(m): 11:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
Drinking alcohol can loose or weaken the psychological status of a man, it is not uncommon that one can make bad judgment or commit unpleasant acts. However one might drink to a state of not been drunk, there by putting his self in a "near occasion of sin", the alcohol itself is not sinful but, the aftermath can be of no good.
I will take alcohol if it's a cure for such illness.
Yes during Moses time it's hit and get hit, an eye for an eye but, what evil is it if you let go as Jesus said turn the other cheek.
***What evil it is if it is used for treatment***

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 24, 2020
I will take it. I will even do giveaway with it sef.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: As A Christian Will You Take Alcohol If Its A Cure To The Virus by mindtricks: 11:23am On Apr 24, 2020
ClassicMan202:
I still dey sip am even though no be the cure grin

See your head like you dey pray make e kukuma become the cure. If that finally happens, I know your type will stay drunk all day tongue grin .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Something Important To Know About Battle Prayers In Book Of Psalms / Is It Occultic? Living Faith Church Has Been Accused Of An Occultic Act. / A Man Get Stuck In A Truck(Africa Juju Is Real)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.