Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Wrong Number - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wrong Number (25550 Views)

WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 12:18pm On May 04, 2020
Please, don't ever make chioma bleep henry. Am pleading, please.
Rose take things easy until your mum returns. undecided #team_alfrose cheesy
Re: Wrong Number by Dacaller: 12:29pm On May 04, 2020
sure Alfa will see light in dis darkness of chioma / Rose
Re: Wrong Number by Faithfulmartins(m): 1:16pm On May 04, 2020
Weldone Bro
Re: Wrong Number by iloezumanulika: 3:04pm On May 04, 2020
Kudos op ,more pls
Re: Wrong Number by Ann2012(f): 5:00pm On May 04, 2020
Khriztarl:

Rose take things easy until your mum returns. undecided
#team_alfrose cheesy

I support this

1 Like

Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 9:04pm On May 04, 2020
Khriztarl:

#team_alfrose cheesy

I agree. E go pain me ehn
Re: Wrong Number by MDBrand: 10:21pm On May 04, 2020
mhizv:

Khriztarl:

#team_alfrose cheesy
I won't read the story again if that happens
Re: Wrong Number by AiteeAitee: 8:17am On May 05, 2020
Bro this your story is awesome oh.
SheWrites Queenitee , ikombe , hadamson , Bibijay123 , Chumzypinky silver1996 , Rovyer , cbella , TiffanyJ , Kimberlywest , kayo80 , Rachealfst , have you seen this one?
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 11:38am On May 05, 2020
MDBrand:

I won't read the story again if that happens
grin grin
Re: Wrong Number by centmanuel(m): 4:30pm On May 05, 2020
This really saddens my heart, I pray Timi reveal Rose to Alfa.
Re: Wrong Number by Emeraldpresh: 8:26pm On May 05, 2020
Thumbs up
Nice write up
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 9:47pm On May 05, 2020
Chapter 23
I showered when I got home and waited for his call, no need eating I already had my dinner with him.
"Hello" I picked up when his calls entered, the number is already saved in my phone.
"Easy there Bunny" he chuckled.
"Shut up"
"Baka"
"Big head"
"Big teeth" I gasped.
"You found someone better I suppose" I said referring to the girl that approached him earlier tonight.
"Found who?" he asked.
"The model like girl that approached you after I left"
"Model like? I can't really remember" his denial annoyed me.
"The girl that approached you before I lost sight of you this night" I made it more clear and he kept silent, I am guessing he is thinking about it.
"Oh, I remember, are you jealous?" he chuckle
"Why would I be?"
"Yes I know you are not, you are already dating a cute guy. Henry is really a great guy, consider yourself lucky" his words just annoyed me.
"Why didn't you search for Rose" I asked, since he claim to love Rose he should've searched for her, I even uploaded my pictures on my Facebook and added my number back hoping he can see me from there. Well since he is never good with numbers I suppose he won't be able to search me up on Facebook.
"I did, she told me she works at Juvango, I asked Henry to help me search for any girl that works in Juvango called Rose" he exhaled and continued
"He was able to find 3 Rose working in Anambra Branches and they have no idea what I was talking about, I even went further with my search still I failed."
"Why did you ask Henry to help you out, why not do it yourself?" I know Henry must have manipulated the search.
"Henry is a very careful human being, he has always been my backbone, if Henry wasn't able to find the Rose I am looking for in Anambra branch that means I won't be able to"
"You really trust him that much" the trust pains me as I remember what Henry is really planning.
"Yes, after my dad died, his took care of me till I am old enough to live alone. Even now there are the only people I consider family. Henry is a brother to me, we do have our rivalry moments but in the end we are best buddies."
"Wow, that's deep" this shows how difficult it will be to convince him about Henry.
"Yes I owe him a lot and I wonder if I will ever be able to pay him back, after my father died I became wayward since I have nobody to live up to or impress. Henry stepped him and made himself my rival, so I had to seat up in order to beat him" he chuckled, I guess reminsincing made him happy.
"So what were you doing that day at the company, I have worked there for years but have never seen you" I now know he is not among the new recruit, since he is Henry's best friend he must hold an important position.
"Well there is a shortage in the account from that quarters so I was passing by so I decided to check it out and it's been long I have been there last" maybe he is the accountant.
"So you're the companies accountant?"
"Accountant?" he laughs "if I tell you my position you will be speechless" he boasts, typical egomaniac, at most he will be the supervisor.
"Oblige me"
"Pay me" why am I not surprise.
"I don't have money"
"I don't need money"
"Then what"
"Invite me over and prepare a good meal" he said and he can't believe how much I have wanted to make him a wonderful meal.
"Deal" I accepted
"Hmmm, payment should've been hard on you but you accepted this way way too fast. Maybe I should've requested for something else"
"A deal is a deal" I cut him off because know Alfa he will request for something harder.
"Alright you win"
"So tell me what's your position"
"I am....." I removed the phone from my ear as a I heard a loud knock on my door so I was unable to hear his last words.
"I will be back" I told him as I went to check who is on the door.
"Who is there?" I asked but no answer. I remember that Jessica said she is coming to spend the night since her husband is travelling and he doesn't want her to spend the night alone.
"Jess" I asked still no answer, I swear she will never grow up, does she think she will scare me like that again.
"We are too old for this play" I said while opening the door.
"Hello Girlfriend" Henry said as I opened the door and I froze up, never did I imagined to see him and he reeks of alcohol.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"I am just here to see my girlfriend is there anything bad in it"
"I am not your girlfriend and it's late so go home" I hissed and he gushed.
"Well after tonight you really will become mine."
"What do you mean?"
"It's time for you to fulfil your duties as my girlfriend" he said with all seriousness and I instantly knew what he meant, I tried shutting the door on his face but was too late as he caught it and pushed me away. I instantly took off hoping I will be able to get to my room and lock the door.
"Too slowly dove" he said and he already caught me and I despise the fact he called me dove.
"Ahh....." I tried to scream but he held my mouth.
"Scream and consider your mom lost forever" he hissed and all energy left me, feeling he has defeated me he pushed me down to the sofa.
"Time to be a nice girlfriend" he said and tears left my eyes., how will I face Alfa after tonight

A/N: God please I beg of you don't ever let me be like Henry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 9:48pm On May 05, 2020
Thanks guys for the comment, sorry I am a bit slow, na conditions o

1 Like

Re: Wrong Number by Dacaller: 10:52pm On May 05, 2020
gud tidings from here... more glorious situations.... may God helps us all...
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 10:56am On May 06, 2020
Hold on. Alfa's still on the line.. i sense divine intervention in the air. cheesy #Alfrose_All_the_way
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 10:58am On May 06, 2020
mhizv:

what if she gets raped
Re: Wrong Number by oyinella(f): 11:04am On May 06, 2020
please don't let her get raped
Re: Wrong Number by SheWrites(f): 11:59am On May 06, 2020
AiteeAitee:
Bro this your story is awesome oh.
SheWrites Queenitee , ikombe , hadamson , Bibijay123 , Chumzypinky silver1996 , Rovyer , cbella , TiffanyJ , Kimberlywest , kayo80 , Rachealfst , have you seen this one?

Hmmmm....?

Let me buy snacks... am coming.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 2:28pm On May 06, 2020
Khriztarl:

what if she gets raped

No no no no. Rape gives me the creeps yo
If anyone is gonna have access,it has to be Mysterio.
The way I see it sef,if she opens up to him he can sort things out even if his friendship with Henry ends,which I'd love. I pray non of that happens though. Rape is a no
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 8:34pm On May 06, 2020
Chapter 24.
"Please" I said as I felt his hesitation, maybe I can still beg him out of it.
"Alfa" he said after my phone rang beside me, I turned to see the caller ID, I guess he hung up and called back. With the look on his face I knew my fate is sealed. He is already on top of me and its difficult to single him out, shouting is not an option since I don't know what will happem to my family if I scream, I have never been in such situation. He lowered his head and kissed then silently squeezed my breast, I felt disgusted with myself.
"You left the door up" He jerked up when he heard the door "oh bad timing" I didn't look to know it is Jessica.
"And you are?" Henry asked trying to hide his annoyance.
"I am Jessica her best friend" she said I said smiling hiding the pain I am feeling.
'Thanks Jessy for saving me from eternity of pain'I thought to myself.
"Oh, she has told me about you" Henry said smiling.
"Likewise, so sorry for spoiling your moment" she apologized.
"Don't sweat it, I am already on my way out" Henry said and stood up the turned to me "Next time, we will continue where we left off" he bend down and kissed my forehead.
"Goodbye" I said trying not to make anything suspicious.
"Bye Jessica, it was nice meeting you"
"You too" Jessica said and Henry left I then went and locked my door.
"Sorry baby girl, I am such a cock blocker" she said looking cute with her baby bump.
"Don't sweat it, so what of your husband?" I asked.
"He was the one that dropped me, he apologize for not being able to come in he is already running late"
"No problem"
"So what's for Dinner I am famished?" she asked looking like a hungry tiger and that's weird because Jess is a girl with a little appetite, I guess that's her own pregnancy problem.
"Soup is in the fridge, let me go warm it up for you"
"Perfect, I have missed you so much" she hugged me tightly and I returned the gesture, I needed the embrace.
"I missed you more" I tried to hide the tears.
"Enough hug, let's go prepare something before I eat you up" she said and I laughed then together we went to the kitchen.
I was reluctant to be at the office today, partly because I don't want to face Henry and because I was awake all night chatting with Jess. I ignored both Alfa and Henry calls, I needed a quality girl time so I don't want them to spoil my mood.
After loading up the trunk with the drinks I am to sale today I was held up because the driver is still not here.
"The boss is calling you" Esther came to deliver the message then entered her own truck and her driver zoom off, each of us in the sales department has our truck and personal driver. I sighed and got scared, I would've been half way to my first customer if the driver is around.
"It's too early in a day to be tired" I heard his voice then turned to see Alfa looking so handsome, unlike his regular suit, today he is putting on just shirt and trouser.
"Alfa" the name left my lips
"One and only, so tell me why are you shoulders down" He asked.
"Just thinking of the stress of today" I lied.
"Well I am here to help"
"What do you mean?" Henry asked before I did.
"Why are you here?" I asked Henry, he never comes to the loading side.
"Well since my girlfriend refused to come see me this morning I decided to come" he hissed.
"Back to you Alfa, why are you here?" he asked looking irked.
"Well I was bored, I decided to come help out" he answered with a shrug, how care free he is, because his best friend runs the company he think he can do whatever he wants.
"So how do you plan to help?" Henry asked, I am standing between the two men.
"Be her driver" my eyes widened.
"But you don't know anywhere around here" Henry said.
"That's why the Bunny will guide me"
"Bunny?" Henry asked confused.
"I already have a driver and won't you be leaving your formal position empty?" I asked.
"Believe me nobody will notice?"
"But..."
"No buts, come on lets go we are already behind schedule" he said and climbed up the truck.
"Any funny thing with him consider your family lost" Henry said to me.
"That threat gets old and loses its meaning the more you use it" I said and walked away. I might appear strong and replied back at him but that threat will never be old or lose its meaning.
I climbed in and he is already smiling at me,
"Trouble in Paradise?" he asked.
"Don't ask" he just shrugged and drove off, I wonder what will happen to my driver, he really needs his job.
"Don't worry about your formal driver he has been taken care of.
"Thanks" I replied.
"It might be wrong it might be greediness, but for some reason I always want to be close to you" he said smiling. He dangles around as the car moves on the bad road, I looked at his firm grip on the stirring wheels, he looks strong and confident.
"Why?" I asked, he removed his attention from the road to look at me "why do you want to be close to me?" he smiled and focused back on the road.
"With you my smile is not fake, just as it was with Rose" he said and it warmed my heart.
"So where is the first stop" he asked as we entered the main road.
"Take your right at the first interception" I said smiling, I know I will have to give him every direction.
We made our first sell with no problem if I didn't include how much the lady was all over him, I liked her but I am now pissed at her for demanding so much attention from Alfa.
"I thought you said I am the only one that makes you laugh?" I asked looking at the window.
"Why do you ask?"
"You kept showing your teeth to that woman?" I hissed and he chuckle.
"Jealous?" he asked and I kept quiet "I had to play the role of a good salesman"
"You're not the salesman, I am" I said turning to him.
"Wow, you are one hell of a beautiful man" he said giving me a side glance.
"Baka" I said and returned to watching the green grass as the car slowly moves.
"You got me worried last night" he said and I remembered how I abruptly ended his call.
"I....." I was about to apologize but stopped as the car started jerking.
"What's wrong?" I asked and be looked at me with a very gullible face.
"I messed up on my face day at work" he pouts.
"What happened"
"The fuel is finished" he muttered loud enough for me to hear.
"You" I got pissed,
"Please don't fire me" he begged.
"I wish, well there is a fuel station just before this road, I will go get fuel.
"Now what man will I be if I let you suffer the sun, I will go get it"
"Are you sure?" I asked as I remember how dumb he is with road.
"Of course, just wait for my triumphant return bunny" he said and got down.
"Be careful"
"You affects my thoughts Bunny, in more way than you can imagine" he chuckles then left with the fuel gallon.
"Please be back quick" I muttered as I stare at his back

7 Likes

Re: Wrong Number by Faithfulmartins(m): 9:21pm On May 06, 2020
Please continue
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 11:52pm On May 06, 2020
Please come and continue.
Re: Wrong Number by Missmossy(f): 9:56am On May 07, 2020
More please cheesy
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 3:06pm On May 07, 2020
Mhizv, Kingpaul07 helped us. I just hope he inputs sense into rose. :-x
Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 5:41pm On May 07, 2020
Khriztarl:
Mhizv, Kingpaul07 helped us. I just hope he inputs sense into rose. :-x

I swear.

Had to console myself that it's a story o. Lol just the first paragraph I read,was already panicking.
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 7:19pm On May 07, 2020
Chapter 25
It's already been an hour and he is suppose to be back by now so I am getting worried, I would've called him.but he left his phone in the car, how can a grown man be this carefree. I am wondering if it's best to go find him leaving the car here, though this is a lonely road there is no telling if the car will be robbed getting me more debt. After thinking I decided its best to go look for him because it's stupid weighing human life with drinks, lucky I saw him coming before I moved ten feet away from the car.
He looked exhausted and sweaty, I pitied him but that won't stop me from giving him a piece of my mind.
"I am back" he said with a grin
"It's just a 30 minutes journey at most but you took more than one hour"
"Sorry"
"Sorry doesn't begin to cut it, I have always been taking car of things, worrying about lots of things now on top it all I have to be worried about you too?" I aske feeling frustrated with the level of shits I have always been worried about.
"I went to the filling station easily but on my way back I took the wrong turn, I was far gone when I realize I took the wrong road, the grasses looks the same" he tried explaining.
"I don't know how you have lived your life up to this moment with your zero sense of direction" I said and he came closer.
"I may have zero sense of direction but I will always find my way back to you. So you don't have to worry about that" he said and that's all he needed to calm me down. I remember how he bumped into me after we lost contact, how he manage to find me at the eatry even with his zero sense of direction, how he still came back now even though this is his first time here.
I want to tell him how much he means to me, how much I want him close, how much I want to pat his back and tell him he did good, above all I want to hug him and never let go. But I can't, because of the situation I have to lock my feelings and look the other way, nothing hurts more than a bottled up feelings.
"Just pour the fuel and let's leave here" I said and he chuckles.
"Sure Bunny" I went inside the car to clean the tears that has already dropped.
"So off to the second customer" he said and I nodded.
He kept following me to work everyday and we got closer, he always makes me forget my current situation, I still chat with my family and they are oblivious of the whole issue. My mom is healing nicely, Henry hasn't tried any stupid thing and Timi has laid off my back and am glad.
"My fathers birthday is on Friday, I am hoping you would come?" Henry asked nicely and I know he will threaten me with my family if I refused so I don't want to give him that choice.
"Do I have a choice?" I asked and he smiled.
"No you don't" we are currently in his office, he called for me and I decided to go because avoid him too much will irk him. Alfa also stay away whenever I want to Henry, he is giving us the time and seeing himself as our best friend and the godfather to our children, he has no idea how that annoys me.
"I hope you are not carried away by the charm of Alfa" Henry asked.
"I think it's best we don't pry to each other lives" I said.
"Well he is not what you think he is, he might be worst than I am" he said with a sinister smile.
"Don't paint him black just because you are"
"Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are, that's a proverb as old as time, besides the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know" he said and I can't deny the fact that his words are getting me, after all he said Alfa took everything from him, so Alfa might have done something in the past.
"I will come to the birthday." I said and left his office, am I judging things wrongly? No I am not, be is keeping my mother hostage.
"Hey Bunny, care to go grab something to eat" Alfa said the moment I stepped into the office.
"Sure"
"Ro.. Chioma can you help me out" Nnedi requested for me and nearly called me Rose, I am glad she didn't because this is the worst way for Alfa to find out.
"Sure, give me a second" I told Alfa and left with Chioma.
Henry sent his driver to come get me, Alfa also invited me and asked me to wear a red gown, I was smiling ear to ear when he was asking me the colour of gown to wear over the phone, this has always been his routine before we lost contact.
"Wow you look beautiful" Henry said the moment he saw me, there is a lot of guest and some are Maris shareholder.
"Come meet my family" he said and led me to his family.
"This is my Father Mr. Collins and beside him is my beautiful mother" He said and I can see how he acts differently with his family.
"Good day, I am Chioma" I said with a courtesy, I have no idea why I chose to introduce myself with Chioma, I have never done it since it's a name I hardly use.
"Nice to meet you dear" Mr. Collins said as did his wife.
"So how is the company doing over there?" he asked.
"Splendid sir" I replied then looked around to know if I can see Alfa.
"Don't worry searching, he is never known for his punctuality" Henry whispered.
"So who is the girl that took my shine?" A Lady said beside me and I turned to see a woman that look almost identical with Mrs. Collins, just younger.
"Hahaha, nobody can take your shine sister, where is your husband?" Henry asked.
"He travelled, thought I told you and don't bother asking about Junior I dropped him off with Nana, she has been asking me to" She said.
"Well introduce the beautiful lady"
"Her name is Chioma and she is my plus one for this party" Henry said and I am glad he didn't introduce me as his girlfriend.
"Wow, she is beautiful" she turns to me "I am Isabella, his big sister"
"Nice to meet you" I replied with a smile.
"So where is Al" she turned to Henry.
"He is not here yet" Henry answered.
"So Dad you're 60, wow you're old" Isabelle makes jest of her fathers age
"Happy Birthday Mr. Collins" I said and handed him the small present I bought him, its very difficult to buy something for someone that already has it all.
"Wow, that's nice of you" he said and opened the present "wow what a beautiful pen" the delight in his face made me glad I asked Henry for help.
"I hope you use it to write things that can change the world" Alfa told me he is retired and now writing a book about business so I hope he makes use of the pen.
"Thank you my dear, you really are thoughtful" he said and I smiled
"Hello Mr. C" I heard his husky voice and it was fireworks to me.
"Mrs C" He walked past me making sure he brushed against me and his smell hits me, he has no idea how much control he has over me.
"What other gift can I give to a man that already all except for my warm embrace" he said and gave Mr. Collins a right embrace "I wish you more beautiful years" He said as he broke the hug.
"Thank you son" He replied.
"Don't think I have forgotten you Mrs. C" He said and hugged her too.
"Since we are in the business of hugging where is mine?" Isabelle said.
"How can I forget my big sis, get here for a bear crushing hug" he said and enveloped her.
"No hug for you bro except this" he said and stretch out his fist.
"And I was already thinking of how to avoid the hug, thanks" Henry said and they first bumps.
"And for you beautiful lady, I give the warmest" he said and embrace me before I could reject. He is warm and big, because he is taller my head was on his chest and I listened to his heart beat. It's faster than normal but I loved the way it matches mine.
"I love this" I muttered.

A/N: quote of the day "Nothing hurts more than a bottled up feelings"

Guys i need airtime to sub you can send it to my line 07085036599 its airtel thanks

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wrong Number by Blackween(f): 11:21pm On May 07, 2020
It is being a while I was actually smiling from ear to ear like I did while reading this book, continue the good work. But I hope Alfa finds out soon o
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 8:13pm On May 08, 2020
Chapter 26
After the sweet hug we allsang Happy Birthday song for Mr. Collins and many of his business associate wished him a wonderful birthday, well dressed boys and girls were busy serving food and drinks. I know lots of people came here to meet high rank citizens, some senators are here. I was being dragged around by Henry as he introduce me to a whole lots of people even our company shareholders, I always look at Alfa's side and smile whenever our eyes meet each other. He is pretty popular as most of the ladies here are taking turns to speak with him, even the high ranking officials approached him and I was surprise how much respect they gave him.
"Can I borrow her for a minute?" Isabelle requested to take me from Henry
"Sure" he said and let go off me
"Come I feel like we need to talk" she saif and dragged me to the bar, she is not a gentle type of lady.
"So what do you think of this family?" she asked.
"Cozy" I said as it's the first thing that popped into my mind
"It's sure is. Stop looking at Alfa or Henry will get jealous" She said and I was drawn back to reality.
"Was it that obvious" I asked shyly.
"Yes it was, it will be sad if history repeat it self, as a matter of fact I called you over to talk to you in order to repeat history from repeating itself" she said then took a sip from the vodka the waiter poured for us when we first sat down.
"What's the history about?" I asked.
"I notice the way you and Alfa has been exchanging glances at each other and it's not proper since you're with Henry"
"I am not dating Henry" I felt I should defend myself.
"Henry is not someone that will introduce just any girl to our parents, maybe you are not dating him but you should make it know to them who you want to be with" if only I can tell her everything, who will believe that her brother is not the person she thinks he is.
"I will try my best"
"Mirabel said the same thing" she scoffs.
"Who is Mirabel, this is the third time am hearing the name"
"She was Henry's first love, before Alfa came to live with us Henry and Mirabel are always together doing everything there were the perfect couple. Then Alfa came to live with us, Henry was happy because it's like magically having a brother but things changed when Mirabel started playing more with Alfa"
She exhaled.
"Alfa needed the company so Henry tried to understand and be there for him. Alfa started slacking off in everything both studies and life, his future looked so bad and he started moving with bad crew" she took another sip.
"Henry and Mirabel tried to get him back on track, it took them almost a year, Henry was happy because with Alfa being bad he now always has to be with Mirabel as they plan of ways to get Alfa back.
Luckily it's started working and Alfa now showed more aptitude than Henry, he shined brighter in the eyes of Mirabel, no matter what Henry did Alfa always cast a big shadow over him. Even my parents seemed like they showed more care to Alfa than Henry, but what hurts him the most is Mirabel seeing Alfa as the best.
I tried to tell him he has his own qualities like how he is better than Alfa that has zero sense of direction, how he is better than know how people feels than Alfa that doesn't really care about people only those he loves" she took another sip
"None of that mattered, all he wanted was Mirabel, one day during their SS 2 he confessed his feelings for Mirabel and was rejected he blamed Alfa for it. Funny Mirable later confessed her feelings to Alfa and she was rejected too." she scoffed.
"Being heart broken she went and took Alfa's favorite byke and drove off, unfortunately she died that day in an accident." she looks at me and her eyes is filled with tears.
"I could've stopped her that day, she came crying to me and I told her she should consider Henry's proposal, I was trying to get my kid bro the girl of his dream, but Mirabel was disgusted she said to her Henry has always been a brother that she fell for Alfa the first day she saw her on her fathers burial and she was sure Alfa feels the same.
She left that day from our house with Alfa's byke, I went to see Henry after and he was certain that if it wasn't for Alfa that Mirabel would've accepted, I couldnt find it in myself to tell him he never had a chance. We later heard the news of her accident and Alfa couldn't stop blaming himself for the accident, he thought if he accepted her feelings she might still be alive and in truth he loved her too but he knew of Henry's feelings so he decided to deny himself of his own." she looked at me
"Looking at you now I think Alfa is sacrificung his feelings for Henry again, because he believes he owes alot to Henry. Though Alfa doesn't really care about people he still cares a whole for the people he loves and can sacrifice even his own happiness for them"
"Why not tell them the truth" I believe if Henry finds out he never had a chance he will stop being angry at Alfa.
"What truth, that I could've stopped Mirabel that day?" I see everybody has their own guilt.
"No, that Henry never stood a chance and that Alfa was willing to trade his own happiness for him." Henry is playing the role of a victim while he is not.
"Humans are complicated creatures, they want the truth but can't handle the truth if it's given to them. They only accept what they want as the truth" she said and I agreed with her. I remember when I started noticing Josh behaviour changing and people telling me he was cheating I didn't believe it because I don't want to.
"Do you think Alfa has forgotten about Mirabel" I asked.
"Well Alfa is not someone you can easily read unless he opens up, so I don't know if he has forgotten about her but I am sure Henry still think of her.
I hope you help him to forget her and move on with his life, I hope Alfa finds happiness, he is someone that is always afraid to let people in because he us afraid of losing them. Just help them both" she said the gulped down her remaining drink
"I will try my best"
"Smile it's a birthday go out there and dance, Henry is waiting" she is feeling guilty for not stopping Mirabel and she hopes I can make everything right by knowing what happened in the past. Funny that even in this present Henry still doesn't stand a chance, I would've pitied him for always having Alfa's shadow over him if he isn't threatening me with my mom. I think he is just being greedy, he owns a company that Alfa works, so what if Alfa excels in other things, he still have things better than Alfa.
"Come dance with me" Henry requested with his hands stretched out, I can't refuse since eyes are already on us I accepted so he took me to the dance floor. I caught a glimpse of Alfa while waltzing around with Henry, he looked sad, I watched as he left the ball room. This is going to be a long night.

A/N: Quote of the day "Humans are complicated creatures, they want the truth but can't handle the truth if it's given to them. They only accept what they want as the truth".

So how do you feel about Henry, its really bad when the girl you love, loves another that is always better than you noatter how you try.

4 Likes

Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 9:26pm On May 08, 2020
Well,not enough reason to want to ruin roses life,just to get back at Alfa. We have all been rejected at one point in our life. Ones liked someone who had eyes for my sister. And no didn't make me hate her one bit.

Anyway grin nice update
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 12:31pm On May 09, 2020
Chapter 27.
I excused myself and left Henry to find Alfa, he said lots of things to me but I can't remember any single thing he said to me, I am being bothered by the sad look Alfa gave me before he disappeared.
"So this is where you are hiding from the party" I said as I found him at the backyard away from the party, he looked at me and smile.
"I needed the fresh air" he replied and came to sit beside him.
"The stars look beautiful tonight" he said with his attention in the sky.
"Yes they are" I replied and went to comfortable silence just watching the sky. They say love is not always looking at each others eyes but also looking at the same direction and loving it. I am loving the quiet time we are sharing now just starting at the sky.
"Why hasn't she message me, Rose I mean, even if it's a single hello" he looked at me and i was crushed as his eyes are filled with tears.
"She saved me from my loneliness, elevated me to the highest peak and I felt good but she left me on that top with nothing to hang on to."
"I...am.....sorry" I said forcing the words out of my mouth as my throat is already tightened.
"She left and I was lost once again then you came, you showed me warmth you found me made it impossible for me to differentiate between what I feel for you and what I feel for her. Unfortunately I came late, tonight I was reminded once again that I can't have what I desire." I bet Hnry told him something when I was with Isabelle.
"I...." I am lost of words, he chuckles.
"If you knew how your smile brightens my day
How your hello lifts my spirit
How your laughter is my favourite melody" he places his hands on top mine
"Your touch the calm to my storm" he leans closer and sniffed
"Your smell my flowery butterflies" he careses over my face and I leaned to his touch
"How your face is my heaven" he leans his head back with his eyes closed
"If you knew how you are my life, you will gladly stitch us permanently together." he said and stops like resist everything he feels. I hated myself this moment for being so weak for letting my mothers situation rule my life and holds my happiness.
He sniffed and brushed away his tears, he stood and walked a way a bit then kicked the peeble on the ground and turned back to me.
"Tell me where to go, to the right where nothing is left or to left where nothing is ever right" I wish I can tell him that I am both the left and the right and he doesn't need to go anywhere that I will just come towards him.
"Once again I have to trade my happiness for what I owe" he said with a smile then turned to walk away but everything in my body all my DNA every muscle moved me towards him.amd I stopped him.
"Just for tonight let's be happy" I said holding onto his sleeves, he turned to me with a sad smile.
"Dance with me, there is nothing more I would ask for" He said and took me in a warm embrace as we waltz around.
This is what I need, just the silence with his heat beat the only sound I hear, he poured his heart out and I am sorry I couldn't do the same, so just for tonight let me be in his embrace. We kept rolling around and I can think of is holding on to him forever, I want him to open up his body and carry me wherever he goes. I have never felt like this for anyone, this is stronger and after this I will work inside that house and give Henry a piece of my mind, am no longer interested in his games. I will report to his soster if I have to, am done being a puppet.
His phone kept ringing while we dance so he decided to pick it.
"Am sorry Bunny, looks like our little fun has come to an end" he said and I cursed whoever that is calling.
"Ah, it's chuks" he said as he saw the caller ID, he excused himself and moved away a bit to answer the call, after 3 minutes he came back but it felt like forever.
"It's a friend of mine" he said and I just nodded "that reminds I haven't bragged about it to you, a worker in the company her mother has Heart problem so I had to sponsor her medical bills. Chuks is her son that went with her to take care of her" He said smiling and something clicked in me.
"Wait you said Chuks and heart surgery?" I asked.
"Yes, Henry told me about it, come to think of it I am yet to know who"
"Wait you are the one that sponsored the surgery?" I asked because I am 100% sure he is raking about my mom.
"Yes, I personally took them to the hospital, she is such a wonderful woman also religious, too bad I haven't got the time to visit her since her surgery. Chuks always talk to me from time to time" I just remembered Chucks telling me about a high ranking official that helped them to settle in.
"So you know where they're staying?" I asked.
"Yes, they're staying at my house over there, the doctors now always come to check up on her" he said not wondering why all the questions.
"How come you sponsored the surgery?" I asked because only the C.E.O has the right to use such amount of money.
"Of course I am the owner of the company, I may not be the acting C.E.O because it's boring but I still have 70% of the shares so my words are final"
"What?!" I screamed "you are the boss?"
"Technically I am the boss of your boss. I am the owner of Maris Hostel and Suits. That's my mothers name, I inherited the company from my dad, though it's now bigger under my rule" he said bragging like the egomaniac he is.
"So Henry is not the owner" he never had my mother and brother, they have always been safe with Alfa, he is even my saving grace not Henry. I felt so much relieved that I don't even know what to do.
"Thanks" I said and jumped on him taking him by surprise.
"You're welcome" He said still wondering what came over me.
"I will be back" I said and rushed inside to go give Henry piece of my mind, I felt its only proper to end everything with him then come clean with Alfa, you know safe the best for the last.
I am so happy now that the next I see Alfa I will do what I have always wanted to do to him from the first time I heard his husky voice. I will kiss the hell out of him.

A/N: this are getting interested

3 Likes

Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 2:52pm On May 09, 2020
Arrghhh HH y'all need to see how I was screaming o!!!!!this one mad o!
Thanks thanks thanks thanks. I'd marry u op kiss
Re: Wrong Number by Gvnl(f): 4:50pm On May 09, 2020
I am happy for Rose. But why didn't she just tell Alfa everything before she went for Henry?

I pray nothing goes wrong before she gets back to Alfa.

Thanks for the update OP

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Folk Tales / Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.