Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Wrong Number - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wrong Number (25543 Views)

WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 5:00pm On May 09, 2020
mhizv:
Arrghhh HH y'all need to see how I was screaming o!!!!!this one mad o!
Thanks thanks thanks thanks. I'd marry u op kiss

grin Henry mad indeed.
kingpaul07, Mhizv is voluntarily marrying you o. come lets go to church. Ann2012 come lets stand as ashoebe. cheesy
Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 7:22pm On May 09, 2020
Gvnl:
I am happy for Rose. But why didn't she just tell Alfa everything before she went for Henry?

I pray nothing goes wrong before she gets back to Alfa.

Thanks for the update OP

sad That's true. I pray nothing happens abeg cry

1 Like

Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 7:22pm On May 09, 2020
Khriztarl:

grin Henry mad indeed.
kingpaul07, Mhizv is voluntarily marrying you o. come lets go to church. Ann2012 come lets stand as ashoebe. cheesy

Lol

Pepper red o
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 7:43pm On May 09, 2020
Khriztarl:

grin Henry mad indeed.

Just give me the address I am coming o, I need a woman in my life
Re: Wrong Number by Ann2012(f): 7:49pm On May 09, 2020
Khriztarl:

grin Henry mad indeed.

Cockroach brown nko
Re: Wrong Number by Faithfulmartins(m): 11:20pm On May 09, 2020
I love this! it's getting more interesting!
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 11:48am On May 10, 2020
Kingpaul07:

Just give me the address I am coming o, I need a woman in my life
lol. Mhizv would give you the address herself.
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 11:54am On May 10, 2020
Ann2012:

Cockroach brown nko
mhizv:

Lol
Pepper red o
Jellof rice orange and etisalat green. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 11:58am On May 10, 2020
Oya o kingpaul07 come and update.
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 10:42am On May 11, 2020
Chapter 28
I kept looking for Henry but he is no where to be found, it's as if he vanished, nobody seems to know where he is not even his parents. I wanted to slam it on his face and tell him how good it is to be free from him, all this while I thought he saved my mom but it was actually Alfa who saved my mom. He is the real C.E.O. After searching for him and unable to find him I decided to go tell Alfa everything, he can tell Henry when he likes or I can tell him when next I see him, I can't imagine his face.
I happily came outside only to see Henry standing beside Alfa and the look on Alfa face is really disappointing, I instantly knew something is wrong. I started seeing how wrong of me it was for leaving to find Henry instead of telling Alfa everything first.
"Alfa" I called and he looked at me sadly, I looked at Henry and he had a sinister smile like he has triumphed once again.
"Rose" He called and it weakened me, how can Henry always be ahead of me.
"I can explain" I said coming closer and he motioned me to stop.
"Wow" he said staring at the sky "No matter how much you remind me of Rose, no matter how attractive you are, no matter how irresistible you are" he looked at me "I had to resist, I had to force myslef believe it's a lost cause and it's dangerous having such feelings for my best friend woman."
"Please Alfa I can explain"
"Funny how I was feeling guilty think I was breaking one of the commandment 'Thou shall not covet thy neighbours wife"
"But I am not his wife, or even his girlfriend" I said with tears.
"Yes you're neither, you are just a play girl that is after the money" he said and left, he refused to answer no matter how much I called.
"Stop" Henry stopped me as I tried to run after Alfa.
"Leave me alone, what lies did you feed him" I hissed and he chuckled.
"No lies, I just told him the true, that you're Rose and you know his is Mysterio but because you thought I am the C.E.O you refuse to tell him the truth and chose to be with me because you're a gold digger"
"Why, how do you always get it right, how come you are always ahead" I asked with eyes filled with tears.
"Well I am driven so I know how to be ahead of you" he shrugged.
"It doesn't make sense" How come he sees today as the perfect opportunity to reveal the secret.
"Well after dancing you left, I followed you and secretly watch as you two frolicked with each other, I was scared when he revealed his true identity and he is actually the one with your mother" he exhaled "I even thought you will reveal everything to him at that moment but for some reason you went back inside and I decided to reveal everything first, so I bested you" he smiles
"How can you manipulate an innocent soul like his" I asked
"It's easy, he has known me almost all his life so he believes my words above all others" he moved away a bit "and he is far from innocent, he killed Mirable" he hissed. So that's his anger, he is blaming Alfa for what he had no control over.
"You are selfish, Isabelle told me about Mirabel today, you never had a chance even if Alfa never came into the picture" he turned back to me "She has always seen you as a brother, I guess it's because she grew up with you so you became a family to her, she fell for Alfa the first day she saw him. Funny Alfa refused her request because he knew of your feelings for her, he denied her and also denying himself his own first love just because he placed you above" I told him and for a moment his features changed, only for a moment.
"If that's the case if he was a considerate person he should know its never good to turn a girl down like that, if he did it better Mirabel wouldn't have driven his byke that night. We were still in secondary school why did he have a byke, if the byke wasn't there Mirable would've walked home or spend the night with a clear head" Isabelle was right, Humans accept whatever they want as the truth even when the real truth is right before their eyes.
"You are just too selfish to see your own flaws" I said and started walking away fastly, I need to explain things to Alfa but I don't even know where to search. I stopped and brought out my phone to call him but instead Henry's call entered, I turn to see him smiling.
"Don't you want to hear how I manipulated everything" he yelled, you might think me fool for being curious but I had to know since I have no way to find Alfa, I tried his number just now but it's switched off so I went closer to Henry.
"How".
"He always talk about you always saying how you meals look good, Alfa is very secretive so for the fact he is talking this much about you I knew you were special. I started waiting for an opportunity, luckily you guys quarrelled, he came over to my place really angry, I decided to take him to the club, while at the club I took his phone and scanned through some of your chats" he said and it scarred me how much of our chats he read, he may know my deepest secret, God don't let it happen.
"Because I didn't have much time I wiped all your chat with him uninstall his WhatsApp and deleted your number from his phone" he smiled "I hid the phone and it was declared lost, he did the welcome back but because I deleted your number and cleared all chat but WhatsApp chat and sms he wasn't able to retrieve your number."
"I started playing his role hoping to damage him like he damaged me, unfortunately most of my plan didn't work but gladly at the end it worked out and I broke him. If only he doesn't have 70% of the shares I it would-be easy to take the company too, well I have work more on it" he said with a shrug.
"You did all these to a guy that sees you as a brother?" I asked.
"And I feel nothing apart from the joy of being victorious"
"I will tell him everything" I hissed.
"He couldn't even listen to you here, what made you think you will ever see him again?" he asked and I got scared "you have no idea how world apart you guys are, he can move to London today or Canada and forget everything about you while you will just be here mourning over him" he laughs and left me.

I kept trying his number all night, his both numbers but none of it was connecting, nothing seems to be working I slept in the pool of my own tears. I went to work like a ghost in the morning, I am really devastated.
"Me Akin is asking of you" Esther told me when I came to work.
"You don't look good" she showed care
"Just a slight headache" I smiled.
"Maybe the C.E.O has finally realize she is a gold digger" Timi said smiling I ignored her and went to see Mr. Akin.
"Come in" he said after I knocked, I gently went in and sat down.
"I don't know how to tell you this, I tried to convince him otherwise but he insisted, my hands are tied' Mr Akin said with much pity.
What's wrong?" I asked already prepared for anything
"Here" he handed an envelope to me, I opened it to see it's a sac letter.
"I am fired?" I asked and he looked down. I might be ready for anything but not for this, this is Nigeria to find a decent job is not easy. I really need this job. How can I have this disappointment straight up, who did I offend?
"Please, help me out" I pleaded with Mr.Akin while kneeling.
"I can't, my hands are tied"
"Can I go and see him" I asked referring to Henry since I am sure he is the one that fired me, Alfa doesn't really care much about such things.
"He is not around, he travelled to Imo state this morning" he said and I knew he left so that I won't have to come begging.
"Thanks" I said and managed to stand up.
I left the office to go pack my belonging, people kept giving me a pitiful eyes some were happy I am going.
"This is what you get for biting more than you can chew" Timi said as I left the office, I didn't see Esther she must have left for work.
Why do I have to suffer this much, I stood outside the company with my box of belonging shedding silent tears. Henry tried to use me to make Alfa lose everything, at the end I am the one that lost everything, my job, my self esteem, my dream man. Maybe I lost as a repercussion of ganging up against and innocent soul. I am in so much pain that it hurts, it's hurts so much that I see no light at the end of the tunnel.
"Life is pain and life greatest lessons are learnt through pain" that's what he would say if he is around, what is the unstoppable pain trying to teach me.
"I can't seem to learn what this pain is trying to teach me, and I fear it will continue if I didn't learn, help me out Alfa" I muttered as I slowly walked home.
Sometimes even tears are not enough to describe the pain we feel.

5 Likes

Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 12:07pm On May 11, 2020
This is sad cry
Re: Wrong Number by Haskebeatz: 12:16pm On May 11, 2020
I feel like crying already.
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 12:35pm On May 11, 2020
Rose is such a dumb ass. Am getting irritated with the way she acts. I hate weaklings. If she keeps acting like her nut fell out, and Don't use her number six, I would introduce mhizv to alfa and kick her out of his life.

Am sorry you lost your job, dummy. Am trying not to condemn you. Better wise up. And, please be strong at least for the one you love. Huh? You get??

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Number by Faithfulmartins(m): 1:28pm On May 11, 2020
So sad
Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 2:02pm On May 11, 2020
Khriztarl:
Rose is such a dumb ass. Am getting irritated with the way she acts. I hate weaklings. If she keeps acting like her nut fell out, and Don't use her number six, I would introduce mhizv to alfa and kick her out of his life.

Am sorry you lost your job, dummy. Am trying not to condemn you. Better wise up. And, please be strong at least for the one you love. Huh? You get??

I swear. Like all these while her family went for the surgery,she wasn't in contact with them? God knows if it was me would have opened up to him the moment I found out Alfa was Mysterio. She reminds me of "ego" too weak.
Re: Wrong Number by OvPharez(m): 6:00pm On May 11, 2020
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Wrong Number by DebbieSylvex(f): 6:08pm On May 11, 2020
Rose you are so foolish
Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 6:12pm On May 11, 2020
mhizv:

I swear. Like all these while her family went for the surgery,she wasn't in contact with them? God knows if it was me would have opened up to him the moment I found out Alfa was Mysterio. She reminds me of "ego" too weak.
you mean ego as in okenwa and ezenwa? Swr.

see, me ion even want to talk too much. I'm not the writer, so, let me not judge his character. Lets just read and see, what he has in stock for us.
Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 7:30pm On May 11, 2020
You guys hate my sweet beautiful cute Bunny Rose. But who really will take such chances when her mother and Brother is in the hands of the enemy
Re: Wrong Number by DebbieSylvex(f): 9:40pm On May 11, 2020
[ dear,not like I hate her it's just that she's too vulnerable and such a slow poke.why in God's name did she have to allow the whole chioma name thing happen plus der r ways she wud have informed Alfa.Perfect love conquereth fear

1 Like

Re: Wrong Number by AiteeAitee: 8:57am On May 12, 2020
Why didn't the slowpoke open up to Alfa earlier and tell him about Henny's threat? I don't like this girl anymore, she's just too dull and unintelligent for my liking.
Re: Wrong Number by AiteeAitee: 8:59am On May 12, 2020
mhizv:

In SheWrites story abi? That one nor get brain na. Original mofo.
Re: Wrong Number by SheWrites(f): 9:17am On May 12, 2020
AiteeAitee:

*hands-on-my-head*
Ego don suffer for una hand.
Hehehehe....

1 Like

Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 10:37am On May 12, 2020
AiteeAitee:

Lolz I dey pity her now sef. Very annoying girl

1 Like

Re: Wrong Number by Kingpaul07(m): 10:52am On May 12, 2020
Chapter 29
It's been 3 days since I was fired, I have been trying Alfa's number for the past 3 days and its not connecting and it's devastating me the more. I rarely has the energy to do anything and my only source of joy is knowing my family is safe.
*So how is mom recovery?* I asked chuks
*She is getting really better and its not even up to a month, thanks to the high rank official that made sure they gave mom special attention* he replied and I knew he was talking about Alfa.
*Do you still talk to him?* maybe I can ask for the number he is using to get him.
*No since like 2 days now his phone has been off and he has not been online* I suppose he is cut from the world.
*So how is your Boyfriend?*
*We broke up* I said
*Why?*
*Long story, I will tell you when you get back* I replied nit feeling the need to tell h everything.
*You sure you made the right choice, he save mom after all, even eldie wants to see him when he is chance* He calls my immediate younger brother Eldie.
*Don't worry I will tell you everything later*
*So have you made any friends over there* I asked as an attempt to shift the topic
*Yes, a Nigerian girl but lives over here, she invited to their house today* all trust Chuks to makes friends.
We kept discussing over things even spoke with my immediate younger brother we all had bonded together and did lots of catching up.
I woke up with tge same empty feeling, loneliness is really bad, its painful knowing how your entire day will be spent it's more painful knowing you will spend me on your bed and doing nothing other than counting all your regrets.
"This sucks" I said I stood up from bed to brush my teeth, I haven't done that for the past two days I now have bad breath. I really should start thinking of where to find work, I sent some money to my brother yesterday, if I keep sending out money like that I will end up being bankrupt, also my house rent is due.
With no appetite to eat I decided to skip breakfast and go back to bed, I keep tossing and turning with sleep really far away from me.
Maybe I should call Jessica and spend some time with her, you know the best cure to a bad relationship is a good friendship. I brought my phone to call her but my door alarm rang instead so I went and opened the door. The figure standing on my doorsteps took me by surprise that I had to shut the door back.
"How is this possible?" I asked myself but he didn't give me the time to answer as he kept knocking.
This is bad, I haven't even had my bath or really take the time to brush my teeth, I sniffed my cloth and its stinks and that's because I have been wearing it for the past two days. This is bad this is bad, I rushed away from the door hoping to tidy myself up before I open the door, I can't show him this bad side of me, my house is even a mess. On my table is the plate I used last night, then the suasage roll that I ate and unable to finish is resting on my couch, I just realize how dirty and negligence I have been. He knocked again jerking me up and prompting me to be faster, I stopped when mid way as I was taking the plate to the kitchen.
I can not arrange the whole house on time or even tidy myself, he might be gone before am done thereby missing the only chance I have with him. Besides is so immature of me to shut the door on his face. I slump down, I still can't show him how much of a mess I am, even my hair is unkept. I rushed inside as I found the answer to all my problem, well most of it, I removed my dirty gown and put on tge big hoodie my brother bought for me and use the hood to cover my head, I rushed out to the sitting room and spray some air fresher and hid all unwanted material under the table.
"Hi" I said a little out of breath as I opened the door, he just stood day looking at me from head to toe, I felt conscious of myself and think maybe the hoodie is too short to cover my laps.
"You once promised to invite me over and make a meal for me" He said with his husky voice and it calmed my raging heart and I nearly moaned.
"Did I?" I asked leaning on the door staring at the fine specimen in front of me.
"Yes over the phone, so I have decided to invite myself over" he said.
"You're such a beautiful creature" the words left my mouth before I could control it and he threw his head back and gave me his throaty laughter, I looked down out of embarrassment.
"I get that a lot" he said, I found out that it's easier to let my feelings know now that I am not tied down with Henry's threat. "Will you invite me in or should we make out on the doorsteps" he asked without having the slightest idea of how many times I have kissed him in my head.
"Come in" I said keeping a distance so be won't have to perceive how awful I smell.
"Nice apartment" He said as he walked inside looking at the pictures hanging on the walls.
"So what can I offer you?" I asked.
"Isn't vegetable our tradition?" he asked and I smiled.
"Of course" I happily rushed to kitchen and brought out the frozen Vegetable soup, I could it yesterday as I kept thinking of him. I defroze it and also made semovita for him, I occasionally come to peep at him as he just stroll around watching the pictures, he sometimes chuckles when he looks at my picture. He doesn't look sad or angry that's a good thing.
I have always been confidence in my cooking skills but for some reason I am scared he might not like it, I am also sweating like a Christmas goat because of the hoodie.
"Are you scared I might not like it" He said after looking between me and the food.
"Noooo" I said pretending like I don't care.
"Why not we eat together?" he suggested and I washed my hands waiting for him to take the first taste.
"I think this is what my mothers food would've taste like if I was privileged to taste it" he said with his eyes closed after taking the first morsel, I felt so proud that he placed me with his Mother.
"How come you're here?" I asked for starters he has zero direction skills.
"I got your info from the company then since morning I have been asking around how to get to your house" he looked at me "its no fun at all, but you know, nothing can't be accomplished as long as you're determined" he said and continued eating. I watched as he eat and I k ow I will never get bored of this face even after eternity.
"Haven't your mama told you staring is wrong?" he said with his right eyebrow raised.
"Sorry, it's just unbelievable that you're here" I said.
"Well I was angry, then sad but in the end the urge to see you is far greater than any other feeling" he said with a shrug.
"Real....." he cuts me off before I could finish
"But I am still angry though" he points out.
"I am sorry, I had no choice" I said sadly.
"Well I am all ears tell me your story" he said

8 Likes

Re: Wrong Number by Khriztarl(f): 11:10am On May 12, 2020
Wow he listened to her side of the story. That's a goodone alfa.
kingpaul07 please can you give us two at once? Please
Re: Wrong Number by oyinella(f): 11:35am On May 12, 2020
boo please come and add jara to the update
Re: Wrong Number by Johnweak(m): 12:20pm On May 12, 2020
Ur story is the best
Haven't been excited about a story for a while now
Heve been in nairaland since 2016
But as a guest
Just opened an account just to tell u hw good u are

2 Likes

Re: Wrong Number by Missmossy(f): 2:45pm On May 12, 2020
Good news grin Alfa came over!!!

More please embarassed
Re: Wrong Number by mhizv(f): 4:59pm On May 12, 2020
embarassed embarassed

Thank God he listened.
Re: Wrong Number by Ann2012(f): 5:33pm On May 12, 2020
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Wrong Number by DebbieSylvex(f): 8:46pm On May 12, 2020
"phew" cheesy that was so unexpected.....Rose you stink groossssssss!! lolzzzzz.Happy for you�

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Folk Tales / Fragments Of Hidden Memories / Changed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.