Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Prayers Do Not Work, It's An Illusion! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayers Do Not Work, It's An Illusion! (210 Views)

IKONSO AND IGBOHO: Proving Juju Does Not Work Or Do They? Lets Take A Deep Look / The Concept Of Freewill Is An Illusion / Free Will Is An Illusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prayers Do Not Work, It's An Illusion! by odinson1(m): 2:56pm On Mar 30, 2020
A THOUGHT ABOUT PRAYER
Believers tell us that Jesus answers every prayer but sometimes the answer is "No". OK, but here is the interesting thing...
Some prayers are harder to answer than others. For example, if you lose your car keys, there's a pretty good chance you'll find them and if you pray to Jesus to help you find them, there's a pretty good chance he will answer your prayer.
However, if your dream is to reduce the suffering of children by ending childhood cancers, you are not likely to succeed even if you work your whole life at it. And, if you ask Jesus to do it for you, there is next to no chance he will answer that particular prayer.
When you look at a lot of examples you will conclude that the easier it is to accomplish a task yourself, the more likely Jesus will answer your prayer with a "Yes".
Since Jesus is omnipotent, there is no prayer he cannot answer so he must have to decide which to answer. You might expect he would use criteria such as how sincere or deserving you are or how much you love him or what would be most beneficial for you in the long term. However, it looks as though his criterion is rather simple--he is more likely to answer prayers for things you can easily do for yourself.
Oddly, it would work in exactly the same way if jesus didn't exist
Many years ago, a friend was featured on TV. He was at a popular monthly religious healing meeting, very visibly being healed of epilepsy. I say visibly because he was having a fit right on stage. The 'spirit' of epilepsy was cast out and my friend returned home rejoicing.
A few months later, my friend was dead. He died of an epileptic fit. Died because the university students around him didn't know about safe positioning of a 'fitting' person. He died of a condition he had been cured of.
I lost a friend to cancer, despite the prayers of many. Not the containable type of cancer, treatable by resection surgery, but one that had spread. I lost another friend to cancer who refused to undergo treatment but chose to 'have faith.' Neither faith nor prayer could cure her.
I know 2 people with incurable auto-immune diseases, who are yet to be cured, despite their faith and the prayers of many.
Faith healers CANNOT heal people of incurable diseases. They CANNOT grow out amputated limbs. They CANNOT create new eyeballs where there's been none. They CANNOT make a bone fully heal on the same day that it breaks. They CANNOT reverse the paralytic effects of polio or the musculoskeletal imbalanced celebral palsy. They CANNOT raise the truly dead.
The things that they do, that convince the unsuspecting hoipolloi to believe, can be explained in many of several other ways. I've seen enough of these healings on video, and heard enough testimonies
Re: Prayers Do Not Work, It's An Illusion! by dammywapes(m): 3:06pm On Mar 30, 2020
I pray make uno see wetin yoruba pple call 'Ogun'

(1) (Reply)

I Wanted To Use It For Experiment - Pastor Nabbed Packing Human Faeces (SHIT) / Are You WATCHING Or WORSHIPING Onine? / Lockdown: Where Are Did You Worship Today? Church Or Home!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.