Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,941 members, 7,952,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:49 AM

My Coronavirus Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Coronavirus Experience (248 Views)

My Coronavirus Panic Experience / Coronavirus: Parents Abandon Kids At China Airport / Coronavirus: Snakes The Likely Cause Of Deadly Chinese Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Coronavirus Experience by Solamore: 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2020
Never imagined I will be writing this but it happened I came down with Coronavirus. Ever since news from china has it that an infectious disease-causing virus is spreading in Wuhan and Europe, I have always stayed abreast of all information pertaining to the outbreak.
I created this moniker just to post this as I am well known by my other moniker.

When news had it Nigeria had an index case, I immediately got sanitizers and ensured I used it judiciously especially when I am outdoors. Then the numbers started to increase and I knew Nigerians especially Lagosians were in big problems.

I continued to be extra careful not shaking hands or giving hugs and using commercial transportation less often.
Two days before the lockdown of major markets in Lagos, I did some shopping for food items, toiletries and other home needs. I also bought an external hard drive filled it with movies so as to be occupied.

The lockdown on major markets started on Thursday and I woke up with a myriad of feelings. My throat was a little itchy and I had a slight headache. The thought of contracting the virus filled my head but I had to knock it off because I couldn't even imagine it being possible.
Where did I get it from? How did it happen?, I asked myself.
Before noon of Thursday, the itching in my throat had become dominant and I started coughing. I also felt mild pain at the back of neck which was similar to that of a sore throat. At that point , reality dawned on me. I cant remember the last time I had a cough or sore throat or both.
I went to the pharmacy shop got a cough syrup, cough tablets and strepsil alternatives (since strepsil wasn't available) and a cup of vitamin C. Got home and took a couple of the tablets and got some relief.Sooner than later the coughing was now periodic but the pains from the sore throat seems unwavering.

Friday came and it was the pressure to cough that got me off my bed. My temperature seem normal and I had no fever. The pain from the sore throat was more than the previous evening.
I licked more of the sore throat tablets and got some relief from the coughing and the pain reduced.

I went to Twitter and checked the NCDC page for numbers to call but the comments on their page saying they will not attend to you except you are a politically connected, a celebrity or about to die gave me a cold shoulder. I decided to stay at home and self isolate since I was home alone. I cancelled all appointments with friends and family telling them rooster and bul stories of how I won't be around for some time.

I brought out my bible and read some psalms on healing. Prayed to God and drank a little out of the anointing oil that had been prayed on.

Ate breakfast, took cough tablets, two spoonfuls of cough syrup. Then licked some sore throat tablets and vitamin C as I began to watch a movie.

Coughing and pain from sore throat soared , it even got worse. At a time i felt my body warming up inside. I was terrified. Later in the evening, I felt nauseated. It was as if I wanted to vomit and at the same felt pressure to use the toilet. I was confused but definitely I didn't want to vomit as I know vomiting will make me feel weak. I held on and later used the toilet. The nausea subsided, But the coughing episode continued all through till i went to bed.

Woke up on Saturday with more coughing this time not only from my throat but I could feel it in my chest. The sound from the coughing was deeper now. I also felt a slight tightness in my chest as if I couldn't breathe. The pain from the sore throat is now insignificant and I could swallow saliva without pain. As I tried to get up from my bed, I felt a sharp pain below my left rib. I coughed again and I could feel pains right there. I became really worried about my health. Later that morning, I felt nauseated again with extreme pressure to vomit. I held on by standing and closing my lips and consciously applying pressure down my wind pipe. This episode was over an hour. I prayed again asking God for mercy so I could live.

Ate breakfast and laid on the couch. I was really weak.
Took the cough syrup , and the last dose of the tablets. Licked more vitamin c and got relief from the coughing.At the moment, I can stay 30 minutes without the need to cough.

Felt better throughout the day only symptom was the coughing and the pain down my left rib. I occasionally felt my body warming up inside but my temperature remained normal.

Sunday was a much better day for my health. Coughing has reduced drastically but I still feel weak and feel I had lost weight.

Today is Monday, and I haven't felt any symptom except for slight coughing which happens unoccassionally. I am still self-isolating for next two weeks and I hope my health keeps improving.

Till now I still ask myself how I got it and how it happened.
Re: My Coronavirus Experience by abkrgumel(m): 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2020
Nairalander?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Corona Virus: Federal Government Agrees To Pay "Poorest Of The Poorest Families" / Covid-19 In Italy / JUST IN: Governor Bala Mohammed Recovers, Tests Negative For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.