Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally (1737 Views)

Is This a Political Rally or A Crusade? (Video) / Hilarious Photos Of 9ice's Political Rally / Gunmen Shoot At KWAM 1 After Osun Political Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by OchiAgha2(m): 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2010
Bombs hit Bayelsa political rally

Two bombs exploded in a southern Nigerian city during a political rally on Wednesday, police said, in the latest in a series of attacks in the country.

Beemo Seiff, a candidate running in Bayelsa state governorship elections, was holding a rally in the state capital Yenegoa when the first explosion happened.

Baylesa state police commissioner Aliyu Musa said no one had been killed but a number of people had been taken to hospital with injuries.

"It was dynamite explosives planted at the venue earlier by people who are still at large. We are investigating," said Musa. "The aim of the people responsible was to stop the rally."

More to follow,

- Reuters

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5659502-146/bombs_hit__bayelsa_political_rally.csp
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by OchiAgha2(m): 7:54pm On Dec 29, 2010
This is getting out of hand. Bombs are exploding everywhere in Nigeria. And people wonder why I called Nigeria a failed state.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by aljharem11(m): 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2010
sources!!!!!!
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2010
Aboki MEND don strike again ooo!!

Thousands of residents of Yenagoa who thronged the campaign rally of Beimo Rufus-Spiff, a governorship aspirant under the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Wednesday narrowly escaped death when two deafening explosions rocked the venue of the rally at Opolo Community Secondary School ground.
Scores of persons were injured in the wake of the confusion that engulfed the venue of the rally as all those present including journalists scampered for safety.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/scores-injured-as-explosions-rock-campaign-rally-ground-in-bayelsa/
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by sochan: 7:57pm On Dec 29, 2010
The many troubles of Nigeria.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by aljharem11(m): 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2010
cry cry

and then again cry
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by sochan: 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2010
I shudder when I think of what will happen during the elections
We are finished
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Vigilante: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2010
I expect GEJ to tell us they are just fire crackers. The guy has disappointed me. Why is he so quite these days BTW?
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 29, 2010
AND THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT SAID THAT THE BOMBS SEIZED AT THE LAGOS PORT WERE NOT MEANT FOR NIGERIA,; THAT THEY WERE ON THEIR WAY TO SOME OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRY. YEAH RIGHT!
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Abagworo(m): 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2010
My fear is for this bombing culture finding its way into the Southeast.The fault seem more from our weak intelligence service than from GEJ.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by sulad82i(m): 8:35pm On Dec 29, 2010
Nigeria has become something else. If care is not taken there will be war in nigeria.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Beaf: 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2010
sulad82i:

Nigeria has become something else. If care is not taken there will be war in nigeria.

Na lie! Everybody loves oil, even those politicians who are behind the bombings. As soon as they have lost, they will be locked up or flee the country and we will have peace.
I believe from the Jos news, that investigations would likely provide concrete proof of who exactly is behind these troubles.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Ibime(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2010
Do or Die Politics has taken on literal meaning
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by olabukola: 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2010
Southern Terrorist or still the same muslim?
Ojukwu where are you?
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Tugbaski: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2010
Times like this, i really do miss obj's government. We currently have no govt in Nigeria
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by osamaobama: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2010
1. In 1992 CIA gave a report abt an Inpending Civil war in Rwanda and gave steps to avert it. The Govt treated the report with kids glove, I guess we all know wat happened in Rwanda in 1994.
2. In 2007 CIA gave a report that Nigeria was a breeding ground for terrorist our so called leaders said it was just an imagination of America.I guess we all know Mutallab and boko haram
3. In 2009 CIA cautioned that nigeria might break up in 2015. With wat is currently happening, I don't think I am in doubt again. May God help us.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by sulad82i(m): 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2010
Beaf:

Na lie! Everybody loves oil, even those politicians who are behind the bombings. As soon as they have lost, they will be locked up or flee the country and we will have peace.
I believe from the Jos news, that investigations would likely provide concrete proof of who exactly is behind these troubles.

enu dun rofo. see as u said it like its just wind blowing with no control.
beaf, how many loosing politicians have been arrested and were is the peace that resulted after every election?
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by sulad82i(m): 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2010
osamaobama:

1. In 1992 CIA gave a report abt an Inpending Civil war in Rwanda and gave steps to avert it. The Govt treated the report with kids glove, I guess we all know wat happened in Rwanda in 1994.
2. In 2007 CIA gave a report that Nigeria was a breeding ground for terrorist our so called leaders said it was just an imagination of America.I guess we all know Mutallab and boko haram
3. In 2009 CIA cautioned that nigeria might break up in 2015. With wat is currently happening, I don't think I am in doubt again. May God help us.

sooner or later things will def spiral out of control in nigeria. thats sure, as we all know, u can only push someone so far, when the person hit the wall they will bounce back. The date might not be exactly right about when 9ja might break up but its a growing concern and might eventually come true one day
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Beaf: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2010
sulad82i:

enu dun rofo. see as u said it like its just wind blowing with no control.
beaf, how many loosing politicians have been arrested and were is the peace that resulted after every election?

If we push for it, it will be different. Its just that the average Nigerian thinks that they have no power, or the average person looks toward religion and ethnicity and turns a blind eye to crime.
This time will very likely be different in my opinion.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Pharoh: 9:14pm On Dec 29, 2010
Everything has a precedence, kidnapping and now bombing . . we either act now or expect more as the election draws near.   sad
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Olaedo1: 9:16pm On Dec 29, 2010
osamaobama:

its all political.the bombings,religious conflits,tribal warfare and all. The CIA "warns" about those things because they are the ones causing it in order to benefit their country.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by blacksta(m): 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2010
Beaf:

Your level of sycophancy has reached another level. Are you saying like the way they solved recent bombings in Warri and Abuja - where all persons involved were found guilty and are now in prison.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Beaf: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2010
blacksta:

Your level of sycophancy has reached another level. Are you saying like the way they solved recent bombings in Warri and Abuja - where all persons involved were found guilty and are now in prison.

You're a fool and have always been one. Only a donkey doesn't know those cases are in court. What do you expect should happen to the accused? That tyres should be placed around their necks, they be doused with petrol and burnt to death in Eagle square? You are a primitive fool.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by blacksta(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2010
Beaf:

You're a fool and have always been one.

Anytime someone challenges your flawed ways of reasoning - you automatically result to insult - Are you age 3 by any chance

Beaf abeg grow up.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by OchiAgha2(m): 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2010
Right in the South-East backyard. This is scaring me now, but they used to bomb just pipelines. Now political rallies? What's next? Markets. . .
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Beaf: 9:34pm On Dec 29, 2010
blacksta:

Anytime someone challenges your flawed ways of reasoning - you automatically result to insult - Are you age 3 by any chance

Beaf abeg grow up.

I said you are a fool and did it without regrets, because I genuinely believe it. If you insult me, what do you expect in return? Roses? You must have a fish brain.

Tell us if the accused in those cases should be lynched or what your reason for id!otically raising thoses matters was. You are nothing but a meat seller. If you like, log on with a million names to attack Beaf, cos your life is totally empty, you will still look foolish and wretched each and every time.

My dog has more intelligense than you. Tell us, we're waiting; do you expext the suspects in court to be be given agbero justice and burnt to death or what? Fool.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Abagworo(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2010
Beaf:

You're a fool and have always been one. Only a donkey doesn't know those cases are in court. What do you expect should happen to the accused? That tyres should be placed around their necks, they be doused with petrol and burnt to death in Eagle square? You are a primitive fool.

I'm still not convinced that the real Abuja bombers have been arrested.The truth will take years to emerge.

BTW our intelligence need to buckle up and we must not wait for every bomber to succeed before being arrested.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by rebranded(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2010
wow. .looks like these politicians will be using bombs for this 2011 elections
cry cry cry undecided
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Shock(m): 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2010
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Beaf: 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2010
Abagworo:

I'm still not convinced that the real Abuja bombers have been arrested.The truth will take years to emerge.

BTW our intelligence need to buckle up and we must not wait for every bomber to succeed before being arrested.

Are you hiding something that the security agencies need to know?

You could be right, but it isn't my place to judge or make claims. It is always best to allow those with more knlowledge and authority deal with such matters, rumour and gossip aren't the equivalent of training and experience.

I agree with you about our intelligence service, but they are only a reflection of the decay the wider country after decades of misrule. It takes time to right wrongs that were put in place as mere quick fixes (most opportunistic).
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2010
John Togo in his current interview with saharareporters claimed that somebody called him on behalf of the Presidency asking him to postpone hostilities until after election. (think about it? postpone hostilities until after elections).

I hope that revelation is false but unfortunately going by the antecedents of this Presidency I have more reasons to believe that claim than doubt it.

The unfortunate implication of this revelation if true is that we have a Presidency more interested in their political future than the security of our country; with a thinking like that you can see why bombings and all kinds of terrorisms or militancy will not end anytime soon.
Re: Bombs Hit Bayelsa Political Rally by MAYOWAAK: 10:36pm On Dec 29, 2010
With the Jama’atu Ahlus-Sunnah Lidda’Awati Wal Jihad in the North; a deadly Niger Delta insurgency in the Southsouth, an already restive Igbo nation passively awaiting a Biafran nation; they have perfected their strategy to fulfill the 15 year disintegration prediction for my nation. Sugbon, Olorun o nii gba fun won! Somehow, Nigeria go survive, we shall make it, by God's grace. Amen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Navy Justifies Purchase Of 50yr Old Us Warship / Why Has There Never Been A Southern FCT Minister Since The Inception Of The FCT / Kaduna Christian Youths Just As Criminal As The Catholic Church Suicide Bomber.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.