Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,133 members, 7,845,758 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials (27956 Views)

COVID-19: Lagos Enlists 600 Patients For Chloroquine Clinical Trials / Coronavirus: NAFDAC Approves Production Of Chloroquine For Clinical Trials / Coronavirus: US Approves Chloroquine As Treatment - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Jcael(m): 4:39am On Mar 31, 2020
We are gradually winning the fight against covid 19. This is good news!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by bluefilm: 4:39am On Mar 31, 2020
Someone said this yesterday that Nigeria will soon copy whatever america does concerning this colona of a thing.

America did not close borders on time.

Nigeria copied that.

Then America announced massive lockdowns across the country.

Nigeria quickly copied that too.

Now America announced that chloroquine is a possible drug for the colo-mental.

Nigeria followed suit almost immediately.

Going by these premises, One can easily conclude that should america announce the opening of borders today, Nigeria will do the same the next day.

Naija sef.

No wonder our people too dey compare america with Nigeria over any slightest thing.

Naija I hail thee grin grin grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Yungmil: 4:39am On Mar 31, 2020
YUNGMIL NA BOSS. una no dey sleep? Anyway hope this works
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by jamezman(m): 4:39am On Mar 31, 2020
Its a +1 something for me....
so many other vices will come and go but man go still dey survive under Gods loving kindness.

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Empiree: 4:41am On Mar 31, 2020
edo3:
By 10am ds morning,, God would reveal himself to mankind.. Today corona will be thing of d past says the Lord,, God of all flesh...

[s]Don't bother to quote me, am just his messenger... But believe[/s]!!!
As much as I would love coronavirus to vanish, stupid "prophecy" like this is the reason we have more problems in the world. God told me this. God told me that. All of you pastors need to be quarantined for 5yrs in dark a room.

That nigga at synagogue of Satan did his too, that coronavirus would be gone by March 28 if I am right?. This is March 30th and the covid cases are rising in Lagos. You all better find work to do than lying to people.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Correcto: 4:41am On Mar 31, 2020
They were waiting for Americans to start it
Sweetchilli:
Why did it take them so long to order clinical trials undecided

4 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by bigfrancis21: 4:43am On Mar 31, 2020
Empiree:
As much as I would love coronavirus to vanish, stupid "prophecy" like this is the reason we have more problems in the world. God told me this. God told me that. All of you pastors need to be quarantined for 5yrs in dark a room.

That nigga at synagogue of Satan did his too, that coronavirus would be gone by March 28 if I am right?. This is March 30th and the covid cases are ising in Lagos. You so better find work to do than lying to people.

Oh boy you dey vex o grin

The world didn’t come to an end again. Maybe at the next epidemic. grin

Carry go abeg grin
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Fuckkthemod: 4:48am On Mar 31, 2020
edo3:
By 10am ds morning,, God would reveal himself to mankind.. Today corona will be thing of d past says the Lord,, God of all flesh...

Don't bother to quote me, am just his messenger... But believe!!!

Amen
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by orisa37: 5:16am On Mar 31, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by afrika4real(m): 5:32am On Mar 31, 2020
edo3:

Amen
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by addictiv(m): 5:33am On Mar 31, 2020
After they came out to condemn the drug when trump spoke about it. They didn't bother to start clinical trials then...
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by DarkJeddi(m): 5:40am On Mar 31, 2020
nwanna89:
Same chloroquine that was banned by same nafdac.

In as much as this development is welcome, has the root cause of its initial ban been addressed?
Which initial ban?

We are talking about using it to treat a viral infection and not Malaria..
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by DarkJeddi(m): 5:44am On Mar 31, 2020
chloedogie:
What I have noticed about this coronavirus is that if you have 5 symptoms and have different drugs that can combat those 5 different illnesses then you should be fine. This virus will not come near us and will end soon by God's grace. Also adhere to all precautionary measures rolled out by NCDC and WHO. Stay safe my people.
Having 5 symptoms is not the same as having 5 illnesses..

What they do is called supportive care..

The patient is given supportive treatment until his body throws off the sickness..

Or not.. shocked
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Nobody: 5:54am On Mar 31, 2020
It's HYDROXYCHQ not CHQ... Before dem go supply something else. Me I get 1 pack of CHQ here from last year because that's my drug of choice for malaria
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:56am On Mar 31, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Having 5 symptoms is not the same as having 5 illnesses..

What they do is called supportive care..

The patient is given supportive treatment until his body throws off the sickness..

Or not.. shocked

Please, are you a medical personnel because I'll love to ask something concerning this virus

Those that were initially positive and then declared negative, which drugs were they given? Also, was it the symptoms of the virus that was being treated?

If as reports state that the virus is still in their body, only that it's now low, after discharging them, do they continue taking those drugs?

If not, what stops the virus from multiplying and overtaking their immune system again?

I hope you'll understand my questions... I'm asking because in the case of HI-Virus, the patient keeps taking the drugs forever to reduce its count, but same isn't being done here

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Samade7: 6:03am On Mar 31, 2020
Please tell Nafdac to test it on Abba Kyari first before testing it on other pple o....... grin grin grin grin grin.

Do not quote me, just saying.

Before one goro seller go come dey talk rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by galantjoe(m): 6:04am On Mar 31, 2020
Nice move

Recommended minimum dosage should be published as well to avoid people abusing it.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Jflex07(m): 6:06am On Mar 31, 2020
Useless Nafdac, they just copy anything. USA approved hydrochloroquine which is quite different from chloroquine and I see people rejoicing, most Nigerians can't comprehend little statement, people are still dying in their numbers in USA, ITALY,FRANCE and SPAIN.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Aystarz: 6:09am On Mar 31, 2020
Sweetchilli:

America will know. Apparently, the lots at NAFDAC were waiting for the US to go first. Like someone here said, we be followfollow people. No mind of our own.

I still dey ask though, what's the Nigerian solution to this pandemic oo?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by adebayo987: 6:09am On Mar 31, 2020
This is what i was expecting them to do and not to keep donating money to NCDC and they won't use it to test people, only the rich.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Mycommand: 6:13am On Mar 31, 2020
Mycommand:
This is a global crisis!
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by olaniyilukman(m): 6:14am On Mar 31, 2020
Toaskarity:
Follow follow country..
God bless you bro! I read it on BBC three days ago, they said Nigeria is the first country to start re-using Chloroquine after the USA president said it is effective for treating Coronavirus despite the fact that the drug has been banned for public usage since 2005, this country is a fail country. We have professor of medicine but they can't do research to establish the truth of Chloroquine in treating Coronavirus.. God how come did you directed me to this useless country..

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by Timileyin1234(m): 6:16am On Mar 31, 2020
Ori Nafdac ti daru. Wetin dem suppose don start since. Na God go shame Bill gate

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by olaniyilukman(m): 6:19am On Mar 31, 2020
Timileyin1234:
Ori Nafdac ti daru. Wetin dem suppose don start since. Na God go shame Bill gate
That agency is useless... If I were to be the president of Nigeria, I will relieve the head of Nafdac of her position this morning...
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by olax02(m): 6:21am On Mar 31, 2020
[quote author=GoshenNLA post=87942186]That chloroquine dey itch body die, i so dislike it[/quot. Omo i cant remember the number of time i took this injection while i was young for treatment of malaria, but e dey itch badly..
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by olaniyilukman(m): 6:24am On Mar 31, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Which initial ban?

We are talking about using it to treat a viral infection and not Malaria..
Bro, you have not answered the question directed to you. This is the same Chloroquine that was banned worldwide by WHO and this useless country followed suit, how come is it the same that will be using to treat Coronavirus...
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by directonpc(m): 6:25am On Mar 31, 2020
Sweetchilli:
them dey wait for the guy (FDA) that they are a knockoff version of.
Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by 6digitscomrade: 6:27am On Mar 31, 2020
GoshenNLA:
That chloroquine dey itch body die, i so dislike it
sadly we haven’t found any that offers skin massages..

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by olaniyilukman(m): 6:30am On Mar 31, 2020
edo3:

Mr messenger, if you don't have work to do,better go and render free service to ur community by using river sand to fill spoilt roads in ur area...

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by seunfly: 6:31am On Mar 31, 2020
Useless Nafdac, they were waiting for america to confirm before they will kick into action.

Something that has been confirmed since 2002 and the Chinese are using since december the stupid nafdac is waiting for America that is trying to approve a new drug so they can make money from it.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by salford1: 6:42am On Mar 31, 2020
dollarsplenty:
The good news is that we still have chloroquine around even with the said discontinuation of its production. Let Nafdac give more companies the right to produce the drug.
I heard the market is being flooded by fakes.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: NAFDAC Orders Chloroquine Manufacture For Possible Clinical Trials by femi4: 6:43am On Mar 31, 2020
edo3:

Am glad a lot of people are awake,, corona is a loser,, thou says the LORD of host.. He will not fold his hands and allows what he wonderfully made to be destroyed by men of the world..

Lets all join our heart in prayers..
fake messenger. God spoke to you and the first place to run to is internet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See How Man Without Hands Goes About His Daily Activities Without Assistance / A Father's Daunting Experience With A Traditional Bone Setter / Lagos Mobile Blood Bank Vehicle (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.