Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo Diagnosed With Coronavirus; He Will Continue Working From - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo Diagnosed With Coronavirus; He Will Continue Working From (435 Views)

King Charles III Diagnosed With Cancer / CNN Fires Chris Cuomo / Andrew Cuomo Announces Resignation After Damning Harassment Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo Diagnosed With Coronavirus; He Will Continue Working From by bukhety(f): 5:38pm On Mar 31, 2020
By Brian Stelter, CNN Business
Updated 12:22 PM EDT, Tue March 31, 2020

New York(CNN Business) CNN anchor Chris Cuomo said Tuesday that he has been diagnosed with Covid-19.

He is feeling well, and will continue to anchor his 9 p.m. program "Cuomo Prime Time" from his home.

"In these difficult times that seem to get more difficult and complicated by the day, I just found out that I am positive for coronavirus," Cuomo wrote in a message on Twitter.

"I have been exposed to people in recent days who have subsequently tested positive and I had fevers, chills and shortness of breath," he wrote. "I just hope I didn't give it to the kids and Cristina. That would make me feel worse than this illness!"

Cuomo was most recently at CNN's offices in the Hudson Yards neighborhood of New York City last Friday. He anchored from his home on Monday, and interviewed his brother, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. The two men traded brotherly barbs about the anchorman's basement live shot location.

Cuomo said Tuesday that he is "quarantined in my basement" and will "do my shows from here."

"We will all beat this by being smart and tough and united!" he wrote on Twitter.

Governor Cuomo spoke about his brother's positive test result at New York state's daily briefing on Tuesday.

"This virus is the great equalizer," he said. "My brother, Chris, is positive for coronavirus. Found out this morning."

The governor called Chris "my best friend" and added a little bit of the good-natured ribbing they're known for: "He's young; in good shape; strong -- not as strong as he thinks, but -- he'll be fine."

The two brothers spoke by phone earlier on Tuesday. "Now he's quarantined in the basement," the governor said. "But he's funny as hell, he says to me, 'Even the dogs won't come downstairs.'"

This is the third case of coronavirus involving CNN's workspace in New York City. Employees were notified of another case in mid-March.

Like other media companies, CNN has implemented sweeping changes in response to the pandemic. The vast majority of CNN employees have been working from home for several weeks. Anchors have been broadcasting from small studios and home offices. And office spaces are being regularly cleaned.
Re: CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo Diagnosed With Coronavirus; He Will Continue Working From by pesty100(m): 6:20pm On Mar 31, 2020
bukhety:

By Brian Stelter, CNN Business
Updated 12:22 PM EDT, Tue March 31, 2020

New York(CNN Business) CNN anchor Chris Cuomo said Tuesday that he has been diagnosed with Covid-19.

He is feeling well, and will continue to anchor his 9 p.m. program "Cuomo Prime Time" from his home.

"In these difficult times that seem to get more difficult and complicated by the day, I just found out that I am positive for coronavirus," Cuomo wrote in a message on Twitter.

"I have been exposed to people in recent days who have subsequently tested positive and I had fevers, chills and shortness of breath," he wrote. "I just hope I didn't give it to the kids and Cristina. That would make me feel worse than this illness!"

Cuomo was most recently at CNN's offices in the Hudson Yards neighborhood of New York City last Friday. He anchored from his home on Monday, and interviewed his brother, New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. The two men traded brotherly barbs about the anchorman's basement live shot location.

Cuomo said Tuesday that he is "quarantined in my basement" and will "do my shows from here."

"We will all beat this by being smart and tough and united!" he wrote on Twitter.

Governor Cuomo spoke about his brother's positive test result at New York state's daily briefing on Tuesday.

"This virus is the great equalizer," he said. "My brother, Chris, is positive for coronavirus. Found out this morning."

The governor called Chris "my best friend" and added a little bit of the good-natured ribbing they're known for: "He's young; in good shape; strong -- not as strong as he thinks, but -- he'll be fine."

The two brothers spoke by phone earlier on Tuesday. "Now he's quarantined in the basement," the governor said. "But he's funny as hell, he says to me, 'Even the dogs won't come downstairs.'"

This is the third case of coronavirus involving CNN's workspace in New York City. Employees were notified of another case in mid-March.

Like other media companies, CNN has implemented sweeping changes in response to the pandemic. The vast majority of CNN employees have been working from home for several weeks. Anchors have been broadcasting from small studios and home offices. And office spaces are being regularly cleaned.
tough guy always looking for a fight. He would come out just fine.

1 Like

Re: CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo Diagnosed With Coronavirus; He Will Continue Working From by Multiplier7(m): 11:34am On Apr 01, 2020
The governor and his little brother self
Always using humor to counter each other

Governor Andrew, hope you have called Mom?
Pls always try and call home grin grin
Re: CNN Anchor Chris Cuomo Diagnosed With Coronavirus; He Will Continue Working From by googi: 12:42pm On Apr 01, 2020
This is scary. The guy is relatively young, in good shape, has gym in his basement yet caught korokorovirus.

There must be different strains of this, some more deadly and resistant.

(1) (Reply)

Revealed: Why China, Russia Are Yet Congratulate Biden As US President-elect / Biden Crowdsourcing Money For Transition As Standoff With Trump Continues / Dutchman Accesses Trump’s Twitter Account By Guessing His Password

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.