Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k (3863 Views)

I Need A Car And My Budget Is 500k / Corolla And Camry Car Parts And Their Prices / I Need A Clean Car. Budget Is 500k. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by Musty4ahmed1: 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
eRex:
I independently disagree.

This is the link to the very first baby boy I owned.

https://www.nairaland.com/2998497/registered-1998-babyboy-4-quick#43903124

I knew how much I lobbied to get it cos it was extremely clean... Well used by a soldier though.
I used it for a year....and sold it even higher than I got it after a year... I learnt a lot about using babyboy via the car.

I have bought used and resold quite a lot of Naija used babyboy... From sellers who feel babyboy is worthless to buyers who knows it value.

Dear dealers if you have a babyboy u disike because it does not have resale value ...
Please I'm really interested cos I have just the right market for it.

Below is my current Naija used baby boy acquired 4years ago.
Car is a daily use especially by my wife
Fixes done over the course include
1 total change of ball joint and tutors (done once car was bought)
1 flywheel change
1 gear switch change.

I guess someone will be saying I don't use it...shior ... I stay in Ikorodu.... Our road and messed up and crazy when it rains..

See 2nd picture of part of my wife route to work when it rains..(she will not even drive those days rather take a bike) just to tell you how bad the road network is

Even my wife won't let me sell it cos she claims it's devoid of issue.

It still boils down to the fact that when you buy a Naija used car.... Get a well maintened car
Thank you for your sincere review, sir am currently in a fix to buy this car, the car is cheaper for the naija used to camry 1999 model. My other option which I saw this morning is Volkswagen Passat 2002 model, I don't know if you have idea about the Passat car. Tnx
Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by duality(m): 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
buygala:

With luck, OP can get a neat baby boy or camry within his budget....

But as with all Nigerian used cars, one has to spend some more money to bring them up to one's taste...and other things being equal, a Honda baby boy's parts are far cheaper than that of a 1999 camry....

I bought my own baby boy for 350k and spent about 100k getting her up to standard....and car is serving very well...and best of all, it doesn't draw attention...after all, every Tom, Dickand Harry in the North is cruising a Baby Boy grin.....I cruise anonymously, quietly and in reasonable comfort cool...

See pics of her while taking siesta grin ....

Can you kindly tell me some of the things you fixed before the car became clean.

I'm about doing same
Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by Hero10001: 5:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lavisha:

Honestly, why will you wanna drive a 20 year old car?
How would you feel?!
Anyways, if you buy that Camry for 500k, you will need extra money to make it run good on that Abuja-Kaduna highway else those VW golf will make you a laughing stock.
You may need to change parts e.g Tyres, Lubricants, shaft, fix AC, body work etc.
You'll need at least extra 100k.

I drive a Honda Accord 2007, and its so good; Speed, fuel economy, cheap part etc.
You can get a good one for 700k.

Bottom line, save more money to buy a good car that will give you rest of mind than buy an abused car that may kill you in the process.
Even if you must buy a car by force, do not buy anything older than 15 years old.

attached is my baby resting.
Is your baby for sale?
I'm willing to pay 800k cash?
Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by skup008(m): 5:35pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lavisha:

How would you feel?!
Anyways, if you buy that Camry for 500k, you will need extra money to make it run good on that Abuja-Kaduna highway else those VW golf will make you a laughing stock.
You may need to change parts e.g Tyres, Lubricants, shaft, fix AC, body work etc.

I drive a Honda Accord 2007, and its so good; Speed, fuel economy, cheap part etc.

Bottom line, save more money to buy a good car that will give you rest of mind than buy an abused car that may kill you in the process.
Even if you must buy a car by force, do not buy anything older than 15 years old.

@ musty4ahmed1
This is the best advise I've read so far but if you are in a hurry with your budget then best of luck.
Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by buygala(m): 8:02pm On Apr 03, 2020
duality:

Can you kindly tell me some of the things you fixed before the car became clean.

I'm about doing same

Sound system....35k

Soundproofing...17k

Ac gas refill...3k

Engine oil and filter change....6k

Paper renewal....10k

Front bumper respray....4k

Tint.....4k

Two front shocks...20k

Car came with brand new Hifly tyres tho... that's what gave me the latitude to do most of the fixes stated above....I could very well drive the car from here to Ogbomosho in the state it came

1 Like

Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by buygala(m): 8:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lavisha:

How would you feel?!

Remind op the price of your car's parts compared to that of a baby boy grin

Op isn't looking for a a car where he has to wait to collect adashe before he can replace engine grin

4 Likes

Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by fizcoo20(m): 8:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
eRex:

The V6 of both cars are 3.0
The i4 for Honda is 2.3 while Camry is 2.2
Thanks for the explanation. Appreciate.
Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by eRex(m): 10:01pm On Apr 03, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Thank you for your sincere review, sir am currently in a fix to buy this car, the car is cheaper for the naija used to camry 1999 model. My other option which I saw this morning is Volkswagen Passat 2002 model, I don't know if you have idea about the Passat car. Tnx

Which ever you choose to go for, Just ensure the cars is/was well maintained. Don't let the suppose FEAR OF HONDA LEG make u forgo a good Honda car....

For Passat I didn't use it much so I can't contribute meaningfully (just like I mentioned in your Passat post)

PS: I just sold my friend baby boy this evening despite lock down.
Was touched by the determination of the buyer sha.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by duality(m): 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2020
buygala:

Sound system....35k

Soundproofing...17k

Ac gas refill...3k

Engine oil and filter change....6k

Paper renewal....10k

Front bumper respray....4k

Tint.....4k

Two front shocks...20k

Car came with brand new Hifly tyres tho... that's what gave me the latitude to do most of the fixes stated above....I could very well drive the car from here to Ogbomosho in the state it came

Wow smiley you had to do soundproofing .

That's interesting.
Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by duality(m): 10:46pm On Apr 03, 2020
eRex:

Which ever you choose to go for, Just ensure the cars is/was well maintained. Don't let the suppose FEAR OF HONDA LEG make u forgo a good Honda car....

For Passat I didn't use it much so I can't contribute meaningfully (just like I mentioned in your Passat post)

PS: I just sold my friend baby boy this evening despite lock down.
Was touched by the determine of the buyer sha.

That Honda is good .

Would have called for it but, I've removed my mind from Honda baby boy

1 Like

Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by atomicdele(m): 11:58pm On Apr 03, 2020
eRex:

My dear,
I'm speaking from experience. I only hope those who are condemning Honda are doing so out of experience too.
Let them confirm they owned the car, drove the car and it pulled rather than judging what they see on the highways of Honda cars that pull... The same highway that other Honda's still ride and pass.

I have said this times without number....Honda surpasses Toyota if properly compared and not with ear to ear feedback.... I mean proper research comparison. Thank you sir.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Best Car To Buy Between Honda Baby Boy And Camry 1999 My Budget Is 500k by Musty4ahmed1: 9:03pm On Jun 03, 2020
Thank you all I later bought my honda baby boy, the car is awesome, it's performance is superb, no issues since purchase. I don't know why some people bad mouth Honda.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Today Price! Bring 750k And Carry This Toyota Avalon 2007 / Clean few months used first body Corolla 04 for sale / »»» Sold!! Neat Toyota Corolla 05 @ N1.45M Negotiable «««

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.