Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:55 AM

Plans To Impeach New Osun State Governor . - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plans To Impeach New Osun State Governor . (663 Views)

Some Senators Are Planning To Impeach Buhari – Sen. Kwankwaso / FINALLY! Reps Fix Date To Impeach President Jonathan / Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Plans To Impeach New Osun State Governor . by edoyad(m): 8:35am On Dec 30, 2010
http://www.nigeriannews.com/

Plans to impeach Aregbesola real, says ACN

THE Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) yesterday restated its claim that a plot is afoot to impeach Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola, “but warned that such plan would precipitate a crisis of epic proportions, the end of which no one can predict.” In a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, the party alleged that Chairman, Senate Appropriations Committee, Iyiola Omisore, “is the linchpin of the impeachment plot, which he sees as his only avenue to the governorship of the state”. It also alleged that Omisore was working in collusion with a principal officer of the Senate to execute the impeachment plot. Meanwhile, Aregbesola has urged Senate President David Mark to conduct himself like a statesman as demanded by his position. The governor reacted to Mark’s demand that he should tender a public apology over the accusation that the Senate President was involved in plot to impeach him. In a statement yesterday by his Head of Media and Publicity, Gbenga Fayemiwo, the governor asked Mark to tell the world the reason behind an alleged nocturnal meeting between him and four principal members of the Osun State House of Assembly on December 1 , 2010 in Abuja. Also, speaking with reporters at the Presidential Wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport yesterday, Aregbesola challenged Mark to either refute or affirm the claim, stressing that “name-calling is unbecoming of a Statesman.” His words: “My response is this. We will be making history; they will be making the noise. And it is left to you gentlemen of the press to decide who is the man of honour and integrity and who is not decent, honourable and a man of civil disposition. “It is not my business to join issues with him. I have told Nigerians what I have found out about them. Let him deny or affirm what I have said.” And, the Alliance of Collaborating Political Parties (ACPP) has condemned the alleged attempt to instigate Aregbesola’s impeachment.A statement by the group’s Chairman and Secretary, Waheed Lawal and Rufus Oyatoro stated that alleged step “ amounts to treason” as it was capable of disrupting Nigeria’s democracy. THURSDAY, 30 DECEMBER 2010 00 :00 BY WOLE SHADARE (LAGOS) AND TUNJI OMOFOYE (OSOGBO) NEWS - NATIONAL

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Only Crying Wolf -oni Tinubu To Divide South-west Politicians / Inec Ddcm Lapses & Untrained Operators / Efcc Finds N800m In Civil Servant’s Account: Just the tip of the ice berg!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.