Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,546 members, 7,955,027 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:51 PM

Covid-19 Siege Is Over - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Covid-19 Siege Is Over (1170 Views)

Numbers Rising In Nearly Every State; Capitol Siege Put Members At Risk / Coronavirus: Numbers Rising In Nearly Every State; Capitol Siege Put Members At (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid-19 Siege Is Over by teemanbastos(m): 2:38am On Apr 01, 2020
COVID-19 Siege is Over.

The World should prepare to get back to work, break is over!

Nothing is new under the heavens.

Historical Story [Extracted from the Bible]

King David the Greatest King to have ruled in Israel was faced with a similar crisis in his reign.
He decided to number his army, a decision made with a selfish intent behind it. He successfully carried out that desire and was faced with the consequences which was a pestilence (a virus you may call it) sweeping through the land and destroying wonderfully for 3 days, about 70 000 able-bodied men died.

Here below is a more detailed description of how the events unfolded.

And the LORD spake unto Gad, David's seer, saying,

Go and tell David, saying, "Thus saith the LORD, I offer thee three things: choose thee one of them, that I may do it unto thee."

So Gad came to David, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Choose thee "Either three years' famine; or three months to be destroyed before thy foes, while that the sword of thine enemies overtaketh thee; or else three days the sword of the LORD, even the pestilence, in the land, and the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the coasts of Israel. Now therefore advise thyself what word I shall bring again to him that sent me."

And David said unto Gad , "I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man."

So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men.

And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

-I Chronicles 21 v 9 - 15.

Conclusions.

Certain events occur in life with causes hid behind a veil to the common man, the men of war who lost their lives were not involved in David's misjudged decision but suffered from the consequences, although King David likely celebrated them later on as national heroes.
Different Sacrifices of appeasement were offered by King David and the Angel that carried out the job finally sheathed his sword.

Israel was forgiven, as the Present day World now is.

Different reasons may have arisen over the source of the present day pestilence, the sources are irrelevant.
Why? Nothing succeeds except the Owner of the universe allows it.

The World's healing process has begun and we the living should praise and honour him that lives for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and whose kingdom is from generation to generation as the earth's honour and brightness returns gradually.
The earth is established and its excellent majesty restored in fulness.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Siege Is Over by Talknochip(m): 3:05am On Apr 01, 2020
Insightful! This should be on the RELIGION page. May Gods mercy emcompasse us ALL

2 Likes

Re: Covid-19 Siege Is Over by Nuclear99(m): 4:20am On Apr 01, 2020
...carry religion enter politics

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Siege Is Over by johnmartus(m): 5:09am On Apr 01, 2020
All this preacher self.
Re: Covid-19 Siege Is Over by OsewaBoy: 5:10am On Apr 01, 2020
[s]
johnmartus:
All this preacher self.
[/s]
Re: Covid-19 Siege Is Over by helinues: 5:19am On Apr 01, 2020
Latest by early May, things we return back to normal

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Siege Is Over by DAutoDiagnosis: 5:53am On Apr 01, 2020
teemanbastos:
COVID-19 Siege is Over.

The World should prepare to get back to work, break is over!

Nothing is new under the heavens.

Historical Story [Extracted from the Bible]

Araromo
Re: Covid-19 Siege Is Over by Xavi2019: 6:26am On Apr 01, 2020
DAutoDiagnosis:

Lion. We already know France has discovered the cure.

Go and sit down somewhere. You people are the reason they abuse Christians
cheesy cheesy cheesy
I'm a Christian, but I don't actually subscribe to the idea that God has to kill millions of people just to prove that he is God.
The whole concept is just stupid, I was brought up to believe God was a merciful and loving God.
Re: Covid-19 Siege Is Over by orisa37: 6:43am On Apr 01, 2020
May all Planning, Performance and Reporting be Good for ever and ever Amen.

1 Like

Re: Covid-19 Siege Is Over by DAutoDiagnosis: 7:06am On Apr 01, 2020
Xavi2019:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I'm a Christian, but I don't actually subscribe to the idea that God has to kill millions of people just to prove that he is God.
The whole concept is just stupid, I was brought up to believe God was a merciful and loving God.

BTW, he fell for April fool

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders Resident Doctors To Suspend Strike, Return To Work Immediately / Should Smoking Cigarette In Public Be Banned? / How Can I Cure The Pimples Of 7 Years On My Face

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.