Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,073 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:07 PM

Mentally Unstable Teenager Found At Accident Scene (picture Included) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mentally Unstable Teenager Found At Accident Scene (picture Included) (695 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Pres.jonathan Usual Pose At Bomb Scene(picture),is This A Sign Of Cluelessness? / SSS - Arik Incident Caused By Mentally-unstable Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mentally Unstable Teenager Found At Accident Scene (picture Included) by tonte23(m): 11:46am On Dec 30, 2010
Oluchi, it was gathered, was brought to the hospital on November 18, 2010, and since then nobody has come to identify the 14-year-old girl.

It was learnt that because of her mental state, the teenager could not give any reliable information about her background and this had made it difficult to trace either her parents or relatives.

Oluchi's aggressiveness on sighting men and the nature of bruises found on her at the time she was found, also heightened suspicion that the teenager could have been a victim of kidnappers or sexual molestation.

One of those, who found the girl at the scene of the accident and brought her to the hospital, Mr. Sola Afon, told our correspondent on the telephone that the accident occurred around Ewekoro and it claimed many lives.

He said Oluchi was found at the scene of the accident running up and down.

"We thought she was one of the accident victims, we tried to calm her down. But she was very violent and we handed her over to a Federal Road Safety Corps official," Afon said.

Afon, who is a factory worker, however, added, "The next day as we were going to work, we saw her after Ewekoro walking along the road to Abeokuta and she was holding a stick. So, we thought she probably ran away from the FRSC official and out of pity, I and four of my colleagues, decided to take her to the hospital."

Dr. Fidelis Ojeblenu, of the FMC, told our correspondent on Tuesday that because of her violent behaviour, Oluchi was first taken to Aro Psychiatric Hospital before being brought to FMC for treatment.

He said,"We discovered she did not have serious injuries but she had this awkward gait. We found all her legs with bruises and she was shivering, walking with awkward gait, she was also screaming on top of her voice and she became violent at the sight of any man.

"But once a female approached her, she became calmed and relaxed. Even to remove her clothes and make her take her bath was difficult as she became violent. She was brought here on November 19 with superficial bruises and a deep cut at the sole of her foot."

Ojeblenu said a psychologist and psychiatric doctor had been attending to Oluchi at the FMC for over a month, adding that her condition had improved.

He expressed doubt that Oluchi was an accident victim, but said she could have been sexually molested or kidnapped due to the nature of her wounds.

She said, "She could not have been traveling all alone at her age and one would have expected family members to look for her but we have not seen anybody. If it was a case of an accident somebody would have come for her. Her behaviour is not that of an accident victim and the bruises she sustained couldn't have been from an auto crash.

"When she was brought, she said her name was Angelina, and about two weeks ago, she gave us her name as Oluchi. She earlier said her surname is Onyekachi but you can see today now, she has given you Ugboaja as her surname. So, we are confused as her case is so sympathetic"

Our correspondent also gathered that the authorities of the Christ the King Church, Abuja, where Oluchi claimed that her parents worshipped and Jolatsen Secondary School, Abuja, where she said she attended had been contacted but they all denied knowing her.

Speaking in an interview with our correspondent, Oluchi, who claimed to be SSS One pupil, said she was sent on an errand by her father and an aunty she identified simply as Uche to Lagos together with her father's driver.

She said she was the fourth child of six children of two males and four females, adding that her parents were from Abia State.

"I came to Lagos with my aunty and we stayed in Lagos for one week. We went to Redemption Camp in Lagos before I ran away and I saw some group of FBI, who took me to their office (probably referring to the FRSC officials).

Re: Mentally Unstable Teenager Found At Accident Scene (picture Included) by isalegan2: 5:29pm On Dec 30, 2010
I read that on Punch website yesterday.  Very weird.   

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20101229226912
Re: Mentally Unstable Teenager Found At Accident Scene (picture Included) by Gbawe: 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2010
What an innocent looking child. The poor girl is probably traumatised . Good to read that she is improving.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's "golden Child" Of Business / Atiku Abubakar:his Private Life / Northern Leaders, Atiku, In Fresh Plot Against Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.