Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence (989 Views)

Members Of New Security Outfit Demonstrate How They’ll Handle Bandits In Benue / ''I Was Born To Die" - Aisha Yesufu Reacts After Receiving A Death Threat / Amotekun: Osun Residents Demonstrate, Declare Support For Operation Amotekun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by joelbooks: 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2020
Watching this #SomethingNewChallenge from the patients at one of our isolation centres made my day. They created the video to show that #COVID19 isnt a death sentence but must be taken seriously.

We thank our amazing health workers for their service. -Sanwo Olu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K-dWiE7MPU

Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2020
Shame on all the self-hating Nigerians and doom mongers. Can we not see Foreigner's in there joining to praise the effort of our health workers?

After we beat this, some Nigerians need to be rounded up and dumped on a remote Island somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Niggmatic: 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2020
Wow. My only prayer is that we be able to contain community transmission. It will keep the disease away from the vulnerables, and save our health system from being overwhelmed.
Malnourished plus disease equals DISASTER.

1 Like

Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by joelbooks: 5:15pm On Apr 01, 2020
Oshigun:
Shame on all the self-hating Nigerians and doom mongers. Can we not see Foreigner's in there joining to praise the effort of our health workers?

After we beat this, some Nigerians need to be rounded up and dumped on a remote Island somewhere.
Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Karemarealty288(m): 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2020
A study showed BCG seems to have a protective effect on the morbidity of the covid. Countries that have BCG immunization policies are doing better with lower deaths. Maybe why Africa’s death is low. US, Italy and Spain them don’t give BCG...They are recording high deaths compared to other countries. Nigeria May have lower if this is the case... The bcg protects the lungs from so many dxs.
Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2020
Niggmatic:
Wow. My only prayer is that we be able to contain community transmission. It will keep the disease away from the vulnerables, and save our health system from being overwhelmed.
Malnourished plus disease equals DISASTER.

Yeah. The elderly and vulnerable are my worry. Everyone must comply with instructions so we can limit the spread of this virus as much as possible.

We have all seen the devastation in Italy, Spain etal to know we cannot have this tearing through densely populated areas of Lagos and Nigeria. God help us all.
Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by sammyj: 5:26pm On Apr 01, 2020
Truth be told, this people must not be stereotype as COVID 19 is not truly a death sentence !!! grin My governor is absolutely correct !!! cool
Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Melezenawii: 5:36pm On Apr 01, 2020
sammyj:
Truth be told, this people must not be stereotype as COVID 19 is not truly a death sentence !!! grin My governor is absolutely correct !!! cool
God Bless you for this
Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2020
sammyj:

I agree. Fear, borne of ignorance, is a terrible thing. In fact Covid-19 can be so mild many could have had it and recovered with knowing.

What makes it deadly is the development of pneumonia-like symptoms which can be very difficult to manage in some elderly people and/or those with underlying health conditions like Asthma, diabetes, cancer etc.

Most healthy people, even including the elderly, have a good chance of making a full recovery.

1 Like

Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Niggmatic: 5:41pm On Apr 01, 2020
Oshigun:

Yeah. The elderly and vulnerable are my worry. Everyone must comply with instructions so we can limit the spread of this virus as much as possible.

We have all seen the devastation in Italy, Spain etal to know we cannot have this tearing through densely populated areas of Lagos and Nigeria. God help us all.

Exactly.

In fact, news coming out of Spain currently is frightening. More and more young people are being rushed into ICU. This virus is so unpredictable.
Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Niggmatic: 5:43pm On Apr 01, 2020
Karemarealty288:
A study showed BCG seems to have a protective effect on the morbidity of the covid. Countries that have BCG immunization policies are doing better with lower deaths. Maybe why Africa’s death is low. US, Italy and Spain them don’t give BCG...They are recording high deaths compared to other countries. Nigeria May have lower if this is the case... The bcg protects the lungs from so many dxs.

What's BCG?
Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Melezenawii: 5:45pm On Apr 01, 2020
Niggmatic:

What's BCG?

Bacillus Calmette–Guérin vaccine
Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 01, 2020
Niggmatic:

What's BCG?

Tuberculosis vaccine.
Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Niggmatic: 5:52pm On Apr 01, 2020
Melezenawii:

Bacillus Calmette–Guérin vaccine

Oh. Ok.

That's a positive news. I know that it's widely carried out in developing countries. I hope the research turn out to be true sha.
Re: Video:CoronaVirus: Lagos Patients Demonstrate COVID 19 Is Not A Death Sentence by Karemarealty288(m): 6:31pm On Apr 01, 2020
Niggmatic:

What's BCG?

Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) Childhood Vaccination.

(1) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Vows To Jail Adams Oshiomole - See Reasons / EDO 2020 : How Obaseki Will Crash Edo State APC In Coming Days / #endsars : Peaceful Protest Continue In Orlu, IMO State- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.