Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,804 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

Military Governor For Jos Today! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Governor For Jos Today! (1710 Views)

Buhari Admonishes CBN Governor For Bringing Jim Ovia To Washington DC Dinner / Nigerians Will Regret Voting Buhari– Former Military Governor, Nkanga / Wikileaks: Gov. Jang Lagely Responsible For Jos Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Governor For Jos Today! by auwal87(m): 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2010
I am calling on the Nigerian government to quickly dissolve the state government of Jos and quickly appoint a military governor. The President, as the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces have the capability and power to do that. This is very very important.

Further Actions:

Either divide the state two or evacuate all settlers in the state! Else politicians will continue to use the state for their political gains, and extremist will continue to use the state for their evil actions.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by invisible2(m): 2:20pm On Dec 30, 2010
Military governor in a democracy, a mechanic needs to work on your brain!

I think the state should be turned into one giant pig farm, and handed over to Zimbabwe farmers to manage.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by debeginin(m): 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2010
@Auwal87 u r very usless.Wait until we finish wit u guys.You pple have bitten more than u can chew this time around,we'll continue dis fight wit or without soldiers until we level down angwan rogo,bloody idiot.tsheew!
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by revolt(m): 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2010
The blood of those innocent peeps ur psrents slaughtered in 1966 cries out for revenge.u never see wnything
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 30, 2010
debeginin:

@Auwal87 u r very usless.Wait until we finish wit u guys.You pple have bitten more than u can chew this time around,we'll continue dis fight wit or without soldiers until we level down angwan rogo,bloody .tsheew!

@debiginin pls who ar the major residents of angwan rogo?

If you hav good reasons to fight back, please fight harder - but show mercy to the women and children sad sad
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by Mobinga: 3:48pm On Dec 30, 2010
greateros:

@debiginin pls who ar the major residents of angwan rogo?

If you hav good reasons to fight back, please fight harder - but show mercy to the women and children sad sad
So men are not human beings? What happened to gender equality?
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 30, 2010
Mobinga:

ROTL
grin grin grin
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 30, 2010
auwal87:

I am calling on the Nigerian government to quickly dissolve the state government of Jos and quickly appoint a military governor. The President, as the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces have the capability and power to do that. This is very very important.

Further Actions:

Either divide the state two or evacuate all settlers in the state! Else politicians will continue to use the state for their political gains, and extremist will continue to use the state for their evil actions.

I will like you to throw more light into what you want exactly.
1. Of what religion and ethnicity will the militraty administrator be?
2. Will the emergence of a military administrator, stop the hunger for blood by the aggressors?
3. I still remember that Joshua Dariye was removed and a MilAd was appointed by OBJ, if your suggestion was a solution, why are we still where we are?
4. I am very curious about your dream of dividing the state into two: is it among religious or ethnic lines?
5. Dont you think that Jos is a test case for Ngieria? Are you suggesting that we split Nigeria into sepereate Nations? ( I can't wait to embrace Biafra).
6. You suggested evacuating all setllers, please, where and where should they be evacuated to?
7. Who are the politicians using the state for gains?
8. What extremists are you talking about? Religous or tribal?
9. Please can you relate your memo with the fact that this bomb was in achurch where people were praying? What did it have to do with politicians or settlers?
10. A group of Jihadists has claimed responsibilty for the latest attack and categorically declared a war: what is your take on that? I thought you would suggest on how the Nigerian Government can wage that war?
11. From history, I read that Islam was spread by the sword, what if these guys are for real? What is your opinion on how to stop the crusaders from spilling more innocent blood?
12. Finally, I think you need to take some more thoughts on this your memo: our generation is fast approaching the zenith of religious/tribal sentiments far more than that of 1966/67. Only this time around, the "nyamiri" is not the sole "enemy".

I wish you well.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 30, 2010
Mobinga:

TO BE A MAN - YOU HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DEFEND YOURSELF AT ALL TIME grin
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by seanet02: 6:04pm On Dec 30, 2010
Military administrator? Will that stop the basic question of non indigenes try to lord over indigenes in their own land.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by debeginin(m): 6:04am On Dec 31, 2010
@auwal87 answer these questions asked by @Noblezone above.This auwal of must be one of those jihadist.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by debeginin(m): 6:06am On Dec 31, 2010
@greateros the residents of angwan rogo are muslims.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by Rousseau: 6:08am On Dec 31, 2010
There is no reason to have a military governor in Plateau State. Since Nigeria is a democracy, having a military governor goes against the very nature of a democratic state. If people truly believe in a democracy, allow the democratic state come up with solutions to this problem. Declaring a state of emergency in Plateau State is one mechanism that can be used. But to have a military governor is unacceptable.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by Olaedo1: 6:36am On Dec 31, 2010
auwal87:

Further Actions:

How does dividing the state in 2 stop the crises? The non-indigenes should respect the land of the hosts.Plain and simple.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by Rousseau: 6:39am On Dec 31, 2010
Ola edo:

The non-indigenes should respect the land of the hosts.

"The first person who, having enclosed a plot of land, took it into his head to say this is mine and found people simple enough to believe him was the true founder of civil society. What crimes, wars, murders, what miseries and horrors would the human race have been spared, had some one pulled up the stakes or filled in the ditch and cried out to his fellow men: "Do not listen to this imposter. You are lost if you forget that the fruits of the earth belong to all and the earth to no one!"

— Jean-Jacques Rousseau (The Social Contract and The Discourses)
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by hillsate: 1:29pm On Dec 31, 2010
The yorubas were settlers in jos long before the hausaman thought of coming to jos. But not for one day did the yorubaman claim jos as his or contests with the indigenes for elective positions. An ibo man cannot contest elective positions in kano even though the business environment is boosted by the ibo man. Can you believe that sabon Gari in kano is not a local government despite the fact that sabon gari is the most populated area in kano and the business empire of kano. The reason is simply the fact that sabon gari is populated by non-kano indigenes. sabon gari has the worst roads in kano but its the commercial nerve center of kano.
My concern is this:
If the hausa man does not allow the non hausas a breathing space in their own lands why does he think others should allow him?
Is he a superior specie or what?
When it comes to politics, the hausa man hides under the 'north' umbrella when in real fact its all about the hausa agenda. For example, Atiku and his cohorts have been fighting tooth and nail for zoning because he claims it the turn of the north. But we all know its because they are hausas.
I know one thing though, its all about time. Time will reveal all.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by auwal87(m): 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2011
invisible!:

Military governor in a democracy, a mechanic needs to work on your brain!

I think the state should be turned into one giant pig farm, and handed over to Zimbabwe farmers to manage.

Thats not the solution. If you think military governor is not the solution, then you suggest your own solution, not thrashing.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by auwal87(m): 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2011
debeginin:

@auwal87 answer these questions asked by @Noblezone above.This auwal of must be one of those jihadist.

I shouldn't even reply you since you didn't read my post before you reply.

I said and here I repeat ", extremist will continue to use the state for their evil actions."

But you are here saying I must be one of those Jihadist.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by benchwest: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2011
politically motivated violent is going in jos
solution?;the state govt must be transparent in resolving this issue.
feds should provide more security at our nothern boardersm and then improve the security in jos upgrade the equipment for the security agencies.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by cold(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2011
Auwal87 is trying really hard to come across as a moderate muslim,but anyone who knows the inner workings of islam know there's no such thing as a moderate muslim.Violence is the super-structure upon which islam is built.So mr auwal,anyone who takes you seriously has only been hoodwinked by your sublime & subtle approach before you reach for the jugular
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by auwal87(m): 9:06pm On Jan 01, 2011
cold:

Auwal87 is trying really hard to come across as a moderate muslim,but anyone who knows the inner workings of islam know there's no such thing as a moderate muslim.Violence is the super-structure upon which islam is built.So mr auwal,anyone who takes you seriously has only been hoodwinked by your sublime & subtle approach before you reach for the jugular

Of course there are moderate Muslims, in fact 95% of Muslims are moderate. Extremists are less than 5%. So we can get the counts down to 0% when we start the war now. Research well and you will see, except if you are one of those biased posters.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by olabukola: 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2011
cold:

Are you telling me that we have islamic extrimists in Yoruba land? Am not and my folks are not. Infact u get the few extrimist up north.
Re: Military Governor For Jos Today! by Holla2: 12:06am On Jan 02, 2011
olabukola:

Are you telling me that we have islamic extrimists in Yoruba land? Am not and my folks are not. Infact u get the few extrimist up north.

Hmmmn, discovery!!. So some tribes have genetic traits that are Jihad-resistant grin
Military Governor For Jos Today!

(1) (Reply)

Nass Will Never Pass Single Term Bill – Mamora / Jonathan Is "Sectional" And "Easily Swayed" By Wikileaks / Why I Rejected National Award - Gen. Domkat Bali (rtd)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.