Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:04 AM

My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? (588 Views)

Lagos Corper, Eniola: How SARS Harassed And Extorted Me / Man Uses App To Locate The Address Of Policeman That Extorted Him (Photos) / Lagos SARS Operatives Who Extorted N5,000 From Woman And Her Friends Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Crazychris: 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2020
Yesterday when I was heading to my studio at Ososanmi I was stopped by the Nigerian police force along orita challenge. Hey hey stop stop you are covering your face abi you don't want us to recognize you cos I was wearing face mask because of this Corona shit.
They asked me what I I'm into, I told them I am a music producer. One of them said forget it he's a Yahoo boy and I asked do you have evidence sir? They collected my phone, searched through it found nothing but three emails, one was opened with an English name and they were no messages on it.
They asked what I was doing with the email and I explained yet they bundled me drove me to their station.
At the station, they searched through my phone again, saw my bank account balance, they laughed and you said you are not a fraudster? Where did you get this money, I had told them the nature of work I'm doing but they insisted I must write a statement, I told them okay, before I do that let me call someone but they said no. Due to the pressure and all that I obliged. I wrote what I know and I give it to them.
Afterward, one of them called me for one corna told me to do normal and they will let me go free. At first, I decided to give them something so that they can allow me to go cos they were delaying me.
I offered them 5k but they rejected, saying with what they're seeing in my account I must pay them 30k otherwise they will lock me up.
At first I begged them to take what I offered them but they rejected, I asked them to give me my phone so that I can make phone call but never allowed me. They locked me up as they promised.
I felt pissed off at the same time downhearted, they were several calls coming in, my people were panicking cos I didn't tell anyone I was going out.
When it was around 11:30pm they gave me my phone to receive calls by then, I was having 102 missed calls. My mum, dad, brothers and friends weren't getting themselves cos they felt I had been kidnapped.

I called my bro he picked and was like where the fvck have I been I explained how everything happened and I told him to help me get a lawyer in morning cos I wanted to sue them. The police man was right behind me overheard what I told my bro on phone and he didn't say a word. After that more calls kept coming in.

Sadly, I slept in the cell overnight.
When day break, very early in the morning around 6am 3 of them took me to one private room. On gunpoint and severe beating, they forced me to rewrite the statement made me jotted down all what they told me.
They printed fake, info, email and text message chat forced me to sign it. They made me confessed what I didn't do and they recorded it. They told they will kill me and get away it and nothing will happen.
But then, only God is my witness that's where problem lies cos he never acted despite the injustice.
Now that they have evidence, they handcuffed me, promised to hand me over to efcc. They were going to my house to pack my belongings and label me a fraudster. I know they will asked for d receipt of what I have in my house which I'm very I can't provide everything and to avoid being disgraced in the street I live, I had to pay them N51,000 to let me go.
They no even collect transfer from me, they took me to one pos very close to the station. I paid the money and i jokingly asked their name. They didn't tell me, only one managed to give me his phone number and asked me to save it with "Sergeant jj". You see life? Arm robbery on a broad daylight by the Nigerian police force. But my problem is, only God is my witness.

%90 of Nigerian problem is Nigerian police and no one is doing shît about it.
Who are those saying Nigeria will be better? Thunder fire una.
Nigeria can never be better, no remedy
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by EzzyCarter: 9:35pm On Apr 01, 2020
sad
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Jimmy17(m): 9:37pm On Apr 01, 2020
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by dawnomike(m): 9:47pm On Apr 01, 2020
Sorry about know experience bro... In this country i have learnt that you must do all your best to know people o!!!
I live in Ibadan and when i bought my first car, I experienced a lot of SARS guys stopping me and policemen doing unwarranted search grin

Now i have learnt to people that matter, be sturborn when and where i need to be and be wise to shine teeth and joke where necessary!

THIS IS NIGERIA!!!
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Chidexter(m): 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2020
Everytime I read police intimidation stories its always like a movie script by different producers, similar storyline and same outcome. Smh
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Crazychris: 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2020
Chidexter:
Everytime I read police intimidation stories its always like a movie script by different producers, similar storyline and same outcome. Smh
you won't believe until it happens to you or of your relatives. Be expecting
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Chidexter(m): 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2020
Crazychris:
you won't believe until it happens to you or of your relatives. Be expecting

I believe already, what I mean is that its like the policemen are programmed to act foolishly always
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by DanseMacabre(m): 10:22pm On Apr 01, 2020
Negotiation is a key skill, sadly underrated.
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Hoodbilonia: 11:49pm On Apr 01, 2020
Lol. Heya. I rem back then in 2018.i was extorted 50k. They always put fear into u.
U Bleep up. U4 drag am with them. Last last na 2k. But when man see AK 47
Most times their AK no get bullet
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 02, 2020
Our armed forces are underpaid, it doesn't justify their actions, but if we are to tackle the problem. Poverty is one of it.
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by Carfreak966: 7:43am On Apr 02, 2020
When you were given the phone, you should not have mentioned you were going to sue. Now you chop beating, paid extra 21k on top of the 30k bail, humiliated etc. your mouth has put you in trouble because you thought you could make them fear. Police just want to see your fear, show them and stay alive.

A coward who runs to fight another day is better than the Brave one that stood and die. I rather be a Dog who is alive than a dead Lion.
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by ValCon888: 8:07am On Apr 02, 2020
Look at how you guys are blaming the OP when the real problem is that we have thieves and killers in the police force.
The people whose job is to protect you are the ones doing the robbing and killing.
Nigeria is truly a failed country.
Re: My Experience How Police Extorted Me In Ibadan. Will Nigeria Ever Get Better? by DoubleEngine007: 8:27am On Apr 02, 2020
ValCon888:
Look at how you guys are blaming the OP when the real problem is that we have thieves and killers in the police force.
The people whose job is to protect you are the ones doing the robbing and killing.
Nigeria is truly a failed country.
That's why the shit can't stop.. Nigerians too dey fear.. Burna said in his song."Fight for your right o,you go dey fear.. Tell me why the leaders won't misbehave ?

(1) (Reply)

Vira Video Of Soldiers Beaten Mercilessly In Warri Over Stay At Home Protest / Policewoman On Duty Shut Dead By COVID-19 Task Force Team In Rivers State…(photo / Is Womanizing A Legit Reason For An Eviction?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.