Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Six-week Old Baby Becomes 'youngest Person In The World' To Die From Coronavirus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Six-week Old Baby Becomes 'youngest Person In The World' To Die From Coronavirus (387 Views)

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus: Young People Are Not Immune From Coronavirus / Seyyed Mohammad Mirmohammadi Dies From Coronavirus / British Man Dies From Coronavirus In Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six-week Old Baby Becomes 'youngest Person In The World' To Die From Coronavirus by PromiseAce(m): 1:48am On Apr 02, 2020
A six-week-old baby has died of coronavirus and is suspected to be the youngest confirmed fatality anywhere in the world from the illness.

The newborn child, from the Hartford area, is the first confirmed coronavirus fatality in Connecticut in the US.

Confirming the news on Wednesday, April 1, Governor of Connecticut Ned Lamont took to Twitter to share his heartbreak at the news.

Governor Lamont said the child is believed to have become one of the youngest lives anywhere to be lost to the deadly disease.

"It is with heartbreaking sadness today that we can confirm the first paediatric fatality in Connecticut linked to COVID-19," Governor Lamont said.

"A six-week-old newborn from the Hartford area was brought unresponsive to a hospital late last week and could not be revived.

"Testing confirmed last night that the newborn was COVID-19 positive.

"This is absolutely heartbreaking. We believe this is one of the youngest lives lost anywhere due to complications relating to COVID-19."

He added: "This is a virus that attacks our most fragile without mercy.

"This also stresses the importance of staying home and limiting exposure to other people.

"Your life and the lives of others could literally depend on it. Our prayers are with the family at this difficult time. "

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/breaking-six-week-old-baby-21797074

Re: Six-week Old Baby Becomes 'youngest Person In The World' To Die From Coronavirus by pode(m): 1:56am On Apr 02, 2020
It was to painful for this innocent child who just came into the world die of sickness he or she knows nothing about, please Lord, you said the Holy Spirit is our great comforter, comfort the family of this baby

4 Likes

Re: Six-week Old Baby Becomes 'youngest Person In The World' To Die From Coronavirus by Dariye(m): 2:02am On Apr 02, 2020
Sorry little one, that you came when the world is in chaos. I hope the baby didn't experience excruciating symptoms though

1 Like

Re: Six-week Old Baby Becomes 'youngest Person In The World' To Die From Coronavirus by Twinkletwin: 4:08am On Apr 02, 2020
I am exploring my last hope on people I believe can help me. I need to get my life back and I need a financial help from you. I am starving . Since last 4 years our governor did not pay salary to people. And in kogi state here there is no work. Life is very hard especially now that there is lock down in most and major places please help me. I may not be able to get money from you due to the present condition of things, but don't leave me to myself. Please you can help even with food � stuffs or any work I can do to survive thank you so much may God reward as you help while am alive now and may you and your families � never run out of money works and food amen. Please I count on you people I know it's shameful but life is unbearable now please consider and help me God bless you all
Re: Six-week Old Baby Becomes 'youngest Person In The World' To Die From Coronavirus by Nobody: 4:57am On Apr 02, 2020
May his soul RIP. When will this end cry

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

WHO Corona Virus, Vaccine Will Be Ready In. / Corona Virus: Patient Recovers,tested Negative.meaning Of This? / COVID-19, AIBO Hails Cafe For Supporting Anambra State Govt With #1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.