Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,896 members, 7,824,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 (465 Views)

NCDC Reacts To News That There Are 472 Confirmed Cases Of COVID-19 In Nigeria / Experts Raise Alarm Over Rising Cases Of Cooking Gas Explosions / Six More Cases Of Mokeypox Confirmed In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 by decuteGenius: 7:37am On Apr 02, 2020
It is no news that five new cases of Covid-19 was confirmed on the 1st of April in Akwa Ibom State. What is rather annoying is that this cases should have been confirmed since last week but it wasn't bcoz of the lack of testing kits in the state, the mindset of the citizens of the state(the still believe that the coronavirus is a FG scam to skim money) and worst of all, the attitude of the governor.

Coming from the top
Last week, a medical team from the US visited the state for a seminar. A few days later, most of the team members tested positive for the virus. This caused a lot of panic, especially for the 300 persons that attended the seminar and the persons they've come in contact with. Unfortunately, the state government dismissed the reports and called on the state to pray on Sunday over the virus. (It was at this moment Udom�����‍♂️��‍♂️ bleeped up). The best called would have been for people to self isolated but he let normal activities continue in the state.
Many worried literates persons who understood the upcoming disaster raised alarms on social media about the reaction of the state government to the pandemic and as expected, Udom fooled us twice. (At least he signed a precautionary bill that hasn't been enacted yet). The state commissioner of health went on radio to dismiss the report of coronavirus in the state. Fortunately, the NCDC came to the state to test 30 of those 300 persons that attended the seminar and 5 came out positive.
We don't even know about those they've come in contact with.

How has your state reacted to the ongoing pandemic?

Re: Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 by decuteGenius: 7:39am On Apr 02, 2020
Well my state(Akwa Ibom) has 17 ventilators and they are feeling like they are fully kitted while New York as a state ordered for 50,000 ventilators

Lalasticlala, seun, Dominique, Mynd44
Re: Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 by crestedaguiyi: 7:47am On Apr 02, 2020
Covid19 must have a positive side. Am already thinking of how to cash out. Permit me, am a business minded guy. However, Buhari get twin brother? One get hole for neck sef

1 Like

Re: Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 by decuteGenius: 7:54am On Apr 02, 2020
crestedaguiyi:
Covid19 must have a positive side. Am already thinking of how to cash out. Permit me, am a business minded guy. However, Buhari get twin brother? One get hole for neck sef
The most positive thing about this virus is for Buhari to die from it.
Sai Babarians stay your side
Re: Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 by KINGreignn: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2020
decuteGenius:
[s]Well my state(Akwa Ibom) has 17 ventilators and they are feeling like they are fully kitted while New York as a state ordered for 50,000 ventilators[/s]

Lalasticlala, seun, Dominique, Mynd44

Stop being ignorant. Those things you saw in the picture were dialysis machines and monitors. They defrauded your governor.
Re: Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 by decuteGenius: 7:58am On Apr 02, 2020
KINGreignn:

Stop being ignorant. Those things you saw in the picture were dialysis machines and monitors. They defrauded your governor.
I said what they said.
Anyways we know they are all liars

1 Like

Re: Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 by Eriggs: 8:00am On Apr 02, 2020
May God help una
Re: Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 by KINGreignn: 8:12am On Apr 02, 2020
decuteGenius:

I said what they said.
Anyways we know they are all liars

Folks are playing politics with dreaded pandemics. for now, I've stopped every outdoor activity. I am only advertising my car for serious buyers who'd come inspect and stay 5m away from me run transfer and move. No handshake.
Re: Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 by BlackSpanner: 8:17am On Apr 02, 2020
From the second paragraph; "A medical team from the US visited Akwa Ibom last week to hold a seminar". Few days later many of the team members tested positive.

We can safely conclude that the US medical team actually brought this virus to Akwa Ibom.
The state government and the seminar organizers must take full responsibility for " importing" this pandemic to the state.

How can you bring in a medical team from such a high risk country at this period to organize a wasteful seminar economically and healthwise at the detriment of your people. Now see the effect.

Our leaders in this country have failed woefully.
Re: Why Akwa Ibom Has More Uncovered Cases Of Covid-19 by Norabay(f): 10:50am On Apr 02, 2020

(1) (Reply)

South Africa's Ruthlessly Efficient Fight Against Coronavirus / Nineteen New Cases Of #COVID19 Have Been Reported total now 362 / BREAKING: Kano Records 1st COVID-19 Death‬

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.