Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,445 members, 7,823,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? (941 Views)

How Are You Preparing To Resume To Work This Week? / How To Position Yourself For Opportunities During & After Covid-19 Lockdown / 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by Twinkleberyl: 10:52am On Apr 02, 2020
The world has been shut down by COVID 19. Many cities have been shut down, people have been forced to stay at home for weeks.
Many are even forcasting a global depression or economic downturn after all this.

Eventually, this disease is going to be contained, doesn't matter how long it takes. The question though is what happens next, when all the industries that have been shut down because of this war begins to try to start up again, when countries and companies begin to look at how to get up and running again, to recover what was lost (at least financially) to COVID 19?
Where will you and i be left?

I have read of multinationals that have sent workers on unpaid leave, or slashed salaries even some outright retrenchment. The world is definitely going to change post COVID 19, the question is by how much?

One major character of species that have been able to survive and thrive better than other related species is the ability to evolve and adapt to change.

So, we need to be thinking of ways to adapt to changes that will most definitely come post this pandemic.
How do i continue to remain competitive and relevant in my field post COVID 19. And way 1 good way i can think of now is CPD.

CPD means continous professional development. It simply means learning activities that a professional undertakes to enhance their skills and remain up to date in their chosen profession.
My advice to all at this time is this....even as we are taking precautions by staying home to avoid getting infected by this virus or to slow/stop the spread of the disease. We should engage ourselves in gainful activities like acquiring CPD.

There are a host of courses to choose from, in a diverse range of industry: IT, healthcare, safety, administration, business/entrepreneurship, accounting, food safety/food handling, photography, etc theres so much we can learn and add to what we already know that has the potential of standing us out from the competition if it eventually comes to that.

Check out this blog:

https://caregiverimmigration..com/2020/03/caregiver-courses.html?m=1

I will be updating a list of cheap and credible sources of cpd courses.

Thank u
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by djo120920: 10:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
Good. Looking to reading more on this topic
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by Twinkleberyl: 8:35pm On Apr 09, 2020
Do you know that the day your colleaques at work or the new hire/junior staff have more to say or contribute to projects in your team, it is signalling that burnout is waiting by the corner for you.
Burn out does not neccessarily mean that you hate your job or that job is not for you. It simply means that you are loosing touch with whats current in your field. You need to hone your skills, you need get relevant again and regain your public confidence.
I am still preaching Continous Professional Development (CPD). Get on your laptop or smart phone right now and do some thing about your career now...at least you wont have to study at night this season curtesy of COVID 19 lockdown.
There are so many courses to choose from, in a wide variety of industry; healthcare, IT/coding, teaching, business/management, etc

Enroll for a course now.
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:44pm On Apr 09, 2020
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, an idea struck me. If I'm able to implement it fully, I'll become so rich in less than 1 year that people will think I did money ritual.

May God help us to contain it.
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by Twinkleberyl: 9:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
PatrickOkunima:
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, an idea struck me. If I'm able to implement it fully, I'll become so rich in less than 1 year that people will think I did money ritual.

Maybe a CPD can help
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by PatrickOkunima(m): 9:30pm On Apr 09, 2020
Twinkleberyl:

Maybe a CPD can help
I'm done with anything relating to professional development. This is strictly business.
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by ProduceHQ: 7:25am On Apr 10, 2020
PatrickOkunima:

Why not hire me to rebound your business with stunning graphics at pocket friendly rates?
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by Twinkleberyl: 4:34pm On Apr 10, 2020
Do you know that many universities around the world have moved teaching and learning activities online.
This is a great opportunity to fit in learning into your daily routine, learn a new skill, get a new accreditation, connect with experts in your field and network with other professionals in your industry.
Many courses and programs are available at lowered costs in:
business&management
IT & Computer
Healthcare & Medicine
Teaching

There are short courses, microcredentials (professional & academic accreditations) and online degrees from top universities around the world. There is no better time than this to make use of this opportunity.
Get a head start today.

Start here
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by teepearl(f): 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
Hi Twinkleberyl..

Can you be kind enough to contact me on 07031631957

Twinkleberyl:
Do you know that many universities around the world have moved teaching and learning activities online.
This is a great opportunity to fit in learning into your daily routine, learn a new skill, get a new accreditation, connect with experts in your field and network with other professionals in your industry.
Many courses and programs are available at lowered costs in:
business&management
IT & Computer
Healthcare & Medicine
Teaching

There are short courses, microcredentials (professional & academic accreditations) and online degrees from top universities around the world. There is no better time than this to make use of this opportunity.
Get a head start today.

Start here
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by eyinola: 1:36pm On Apr 24, 2020
Twinkleberyl:
The world has been shut down by COVID 19. Many cities have been shut down, people have been forced to stay at home for weeks.
Many are even forcasting a global depression or economic downturn after all this.

Eventually, this disease is going to be contained, doesn't matter how long it takes. The question though is what happens next, when all the industries that have been shut down because of this war begins to try to start up again, when countries and companies begin to look at how to get up and running again, to recover what was lost (at least financially) to COVID 19?
Where will you and i be left?

I have read of multinationals that have sent workers on unpaid leave, or slashed salaries even some outright retrenchment. The world is definitely going to change post COVID 19, the question is by how much?

One major character of species that have been able to survive and thrive better than other related species is the ability to evolve and adapt to change.

So, we need to be thinking of ways to adapt to changes that will most definitely come post this pandemic.
How do i continue to remain competitive and relevant in my field post COVID 19. And way 1 good way i can think of now is CPD.

CPD means continous professional development. It simply means learning activities that a professional undertakes to enhance their skills and remain up to date in their chosen profession.
My advice to all at this time is this....even as we are taking precautions by staying home to avoid getting infected by this virus or to slow/stop the spread of the disease. We should engage ourselves in gainful activities like acquiring CPD.

There are a host of courses to choose from, in a diverse range of industry: IT, healthcare, safety, administration, business/entrepreneurship, accounting, food safety/food handling, photography, etc theres so much we can learn and add to what we already know that has the potential of standing us out from the competition if it eventually comes to that.

Check out this blog:

I will be updating a list of cheap and credible sources of cpd courses.

Thank u

bro can u drop ur mail for me? Need some information regarding this urgently
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by Twinkleberyl: 2:32pm On Apr 25, 2020
eyinola:
bro can u drop ur mail for me? Need some information regarding this urgently

Hello. Pls dm me lets talk
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by eyinola: 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2020
Twinkleberyl:

Hello. Pls dm me lets talk
i hv done dat but guess u didnt see it
Re: Are You Preparing Yourself For Life After COVID 19? by Twinkleberyl: 8:14am On Apr 26, 2020
eyinola:
i hv done dat but guess u didnt see it
Ok. We already talked. smiley

(1) (Reply)

ISACA Community Prepares To Storm Abuja / I Passed My Ccna / Contract Proposal: Urgent!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.