Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season (1462 Views)

How To Bake Soft & Fluffy Bread Rolls At Home With Your Pot (Photos & Video) / How To Make Fluffy Pancakes At Home / How To Make Fluffy Pancakes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by Blackpearlous(f): 11:04am On Apr 02, 2020
I can never forget the day I ate fluffy pancakes in my neighbors room in school, I'm used to the normal flat ones we do at home and sometimes we add pepper because of my mum, sometimes too sugary or oily.

Funny enough I asked the babe to teach me she refused till we graduated.

So I remembered today and went online to get the recipe because you know this corona season just make yourself happy and full of faith.

I will upload three pictures, first the usual Nigeria ones, second will be fluffy that I downloaded online then the last one will be the one I just fried now now. Recipe below.

Ingredients
for 4 pancakes

4 cups flour, sifted (500 g)
4 tablespoons baking powder
4 cups milk, warm to the touch (960 mL)
¾ cup butter, melted (170 g)
3 egg yolks
4 egg whites
maple syrup, to serve.

Preparation
1) Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.

2) In a separate bowl, add the butter, milk, and egg yolks, stirring to combine.
In a third bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.

3)Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir with rubber spatula until just combined. Add the beaten egg whites and gently fold to combine.

4)Heat an 8-inch (20cm) nonstick skillet over low heat. Pour 1 ½ cups of pancake batter into the skillet, smooth out the top, then cover with a lid.
5)Cook until golden brown on the bottom and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.

6)Transfer the pancake to a plate and repeat, making 3 more pancakes with the remaining batter.

7)Serve with maple syrup.
Enjoy! (Source: tasty recipe)

N.B : I didn't follow religiously but it still turned out well, will be better next time.

I got blister while beating the eggs ( I didn't separate white and yolk o don't have money to be wasting) and I dont have honey. enjoy!

Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by PureGoldh(m): 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
Blackpearlous:
I can never forget the day I ate fluffy pancakes in my neighbors room in school, I'm used to the normal flat ones we do at home and sometimes we add pepper because of my mum, sometimes too sugary or oily.

Funny enough I asked the babe to teach me she refused till we graduated.

So I remembered today and went online to get the recipe because you know this corona season just make yourself happy and full of faith.

I will upload three pictures, first the usual Nigeria ones, second will be fluffy that I downloaded online then the last one will be the one I just fried now now. Recipe below.

Ingredients
for 4 pancakes

4 cups flour, sifted (500 g)
4 tablespoons baking powder
4 cups milk, warm to the touch (960 mL)
¾ cup butter, melted (170 g)
3 egg yolks
4 egg whites
maple syrup, to serve.

Preparation
1) Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a large bowl.

2) In a separate bowl, add the butter, milk, and egg yolks, stirring to combine.
In a third bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.

3)Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir with rubber spatula until just combined. Add the beaten egg whites and gently fold to combine.

4)Heat an 8-inch (20cm) nonstick skillet over low heat. Pour 1 ½ cups of pancake batter into the skillet, smooth out the top, then cover with a lid.
5)Cook until golden brown on the bottom and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.

6)Transfer the pancake to a plate and repeat, making 3 more pancakes with the remaining batter.

7)Serve with maple syrup.
Enjoy! (Source: tasty recipe)

N.B : I didn't follow religiously but it still turned out well, will be better next time.

I got blister while beating the eggs ( I didn't separate white and yolk o don't have money to be wasting) and I dont have honey. enjoy!

Awww .. yummy yummy.

If you need Pure Original Honey....worry not...call/Whatsapp 081 01666 771 or on the number on the picture below
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by Blackpearlous(f): 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2020
Maybe after corona
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by Dpsychologist: 8:10pm On May 16, 2020
Blackpearlous:
Maybe after corona
So what do u want to learn from my keys to seduction thread
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by blueheart(m): 3:58am On Jul 11, 2020
One gets tired of the fluffy one easily than the common on. its why I stopped. I struggled to finish a few slices lol. tastes kinda like cake ;

1 Like

Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by Blackpearlous(f): 7:05pm On Jul 15, 2020
blueheart:
One gets tired of the fluffy one easily than the common on. its why I stopped. I struggled to finish a few slices lol. tastes kinda like cake ;

Honestly I agree with you, I'm back to my usual that has pepper sef.
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by blueheart(m): 8:47pm On Jul 15, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Honestly I agree with you, I'm back to my usual that has pepper sef.

I like pepper a lot but I had an open mind towards doing it the traditional way, so far, i haven't experience that stuff that we always imagine happen when you eat foods without pepper in it lool
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by Blackpearlous(f): 9:05pm On Jul 15, 2020
blueheart:

I like pepper a lot but I had an open mind towards doing it the traditional way, so far, i haven't experience that stuff that we always imagine happen when you eat foods without pepper in it lool

Did you actually make the fluffy kind yourself?..

I didn't experience the lack of pepper thing but more like popular demand, let's put pepper jor.
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by blueheart(m): 4:12am On Jul 16, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Did you actually make the fluffy kind yourself?..

I didn't experience the lack of pepper thing but more like popular demand, let's put pepper jor.

yes I did. Actually, I used a bit too much baking powder and accidentally got the fluffy result lol

I try different stuffs when cooking to enable me get a different taste every time

I might try putting pepper in it this weekend. if i don't like the result, I will remember you and hold you accountable loool.
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by Blackpearlous(f): 6:57am On Jul 16, 2020
blueheart:

yes I did. Actually, I used a bit too much baking powder and accidentally got the fluffy result lol

I try different stuffs when cooking to enable me get a different taste every time

I might try putting pepper in it this weekend. if i don't like the result, I will remember you and hold you accountable loool.

Lool, oya give it a try and lets see how it turns out. Might try it too. Share a picture on this page when you do please.
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by blueheart(m): 9:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Lool, oya give it a try and lets see how it turns out. Might try it too. Share a picture on this page when you do please.

Good God!!!

I will be mortified with embarrassment if i should share a picture. I don't even let it known that I can cook lol. A quick death to my rep hahaha. I like my lazy ass terrible cook cred abeg. Its my best kept secret �

I didn't even know how I found myself on this thread � lol
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by Blackpearlous(f): 9:32am On Jul 16, 2020
blueheart:

Good God!!!

I will be mortified with embarrassment if i should share a picture. I don't even let it known that I can cook lol. A quick death to my rep hahaha. I like my lazy ass terrible cook cred abeg. Its my best kept secret �

I didn't even know how I found myself on this thread � lol
Loool, this is hilarious. So you are forming I can't cook so you wont be called upon to cook. Oya upload for few mins and delete, I will quickly download the image grin

You Waka come food thread. Welcome again.
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by blueheart(m): 9:47am On Jul 16, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Loool, this is hilarious. So you are forming I can't cook so you wont be called upon to cook. Oya upload for few mins and delete, I will quickly download the image grin

You Waka come food thread. Welcome again.

lipsrsealed

grin

lipsrsealed

I have a reputation for knowing many food haunts around my city as lazy bachelor I be. Its fun that way

Let me just be watching and learning from the shadows. For now, I do not wish to change that perception lol

It makes it easy for my good friends to keep making go and marry jokes at my expense.

Thanks for the welcome
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by Blackpearlous(f): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2020
blueheart:

lipsrsealed

grin

lipsrsealed

I have a reputation for knowing many food haunts around my city as lazy bachelor I be. Its fun that way

Let me just be watching and learning from the shadows. For now, I do not wish to change that perception lol

It makes it easy for my good friends to keep making go and marry jokes at my expense.

Thanks for the welcome

Ok no problem. Eat your pancakes in peace.

Uncle go and marry sha grin.
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by blueheart(m): 10:23am On Jul 16, 2020
Blackpearlous:

Ok no problem. Eat your pancakes in peace.

Uncle go and marry sha grin.
Do you have a match make/made for me tongue
Re: Making Fluffy Pancakes In This Corona Season by Blackpearlous(f): 10:34am On Jul 16, 2020
blueheart:

Do you have a match make/made for me tongue

Eya I don't o, would have even recommended myself but I'm not searching and I'm not ok.

Don't worry, if I find any babe that is ready to meet a stranger I will send her to you via DHL. grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Can I Rent These Cooking Materials In Ibadan? Urgent / Man Calls Out Nestle Over Half Tin Milo / This Or A Cup Of Garri (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.