Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,541 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered (10323 Views)

Ondo NURTW Deputy-Chairman Beaten-up By Hoodlums / NURTW Leader Tokyo Arrested In Ibadan / PDP, NURTW In Free For All Fight In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by shinystar(m): 6:42pm On Dec 30, 2010
Eleweomo was shot dead early today in Ibadan during the PDP Congress. Reports said he was shot at close range in his head and heart region. His remains have been deposited in a private morgue. Further reports later.
Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by tunnytox(m): 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2010
hehehehe lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by shinystar(m): 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2010
The ousted Chairman, Oyo state chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers { NURTW} , Alhaji Lateef Salako a.k.a. Eleweomo was yesterday shot dead .
Eleweomo , a staunch supporter of governor Adebayo Alao-Akala of the state was shot at close range on his head and heart region of the body by yet to be identified hoodlums suspected to be members of the state NURTW while monitoring the People’s Democratic Party { PDP} local government congress .
His lifeless body soaked with blood , it was learnt has been deposited in a morgue at a nearby private hospital , Ibadan.
The incident occurred at Olunloyo, Akaran area of Ibadan where about 30 buses loaded with loyalists of the sacked NURTW chairman had gone to monitor the local government congress in the area . They were said to be carrying cutlasses, guns and other dangerous weapons as they drove carelessly on the roa
The killing however sparked off violence in different parts of the city as hundreds of his supporters took to the streets and major roads with clubs, cutlasses and other dangerous weapons to avenge the killing .
Violent protests by members of Eleweomo faction of the NURTW were witnessed in some areas of the city, assaulting innocent citizens , and burning vehicles. No fewer than eight cars were said to have been smarched and burnt at Olunloyo area of the city.
Several people were also injured and wounded in violence that erupted in some parts of the city , while some of the injured have been rushed to nearby hospital for treatment.

Security personnel were said to have moved in to secure the houses of some prominent politicians in the state as fears were ripe that hoodlums may begin to burnt houses of the opposition.

When the Oyo state Police Public Relations Officer was contacted yesterday , he said “ I heard about the killing, but I cannot confirm it to you until I get signal to do so”.
Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by Cappadona123: 7:52pm On Dec 30, 2010
Oyo state is the worst state in South west
Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by Princek12(m): 1:38am On Dec 31, 2010
You live by the gun, you die by the gun.
Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by Bishopking: 1:42am On Dec 31, 2010
When slowpoke are in highest positions in the land, we should not expect any better. cry
Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by Musiwa13: 1:47am On Dec 31, 2010
well it made it more imposible for jonathan to win. It makes the people of oyo not to want to vote for the PDP.

who is Alhaji Abdulharem .

it also mean , you people removing edo,delta and yorubas into benin republic should be done quickly before this people start killing non yorubas , my brother , they need to do this fast as possible. I dont trust anything.

that are is very violent, I just hope they dont start killing igbos and northerners.

Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by airmark(m): 10:24am On Dec 31, 2010
Nigeria, where anything goes shocked embarassed shocked

Photo source :http://tribune.com.ng/index.php

Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by blacksta(m): 10:43am On Dec 31, 2010
^^^

Benefits of the PDP party.

The Demise of the PDP and anything associated is the beginning of a new dawn for Nigeria.
Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by otokx(m): 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2010
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by tunnytox(m): 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2010
End of the road for another miscreant, joint looter association on amala politics and murderer. I hope Tokyo is watching his time is coming very soon. " fun ra won ni won o ma fun ra won lo gun je"
Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by seanet02: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2010
Nigeria's Problem Minus One
Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by samcc30(m): 5:52pm On Dec 31, 2010
so this guy no get any juju to himself
GOD IS REAL
Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by oderemo(m): 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2010
^^, na so jujuj dey wk,
oyenusi no go down,upon all d juju.
Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by KnowAll(m): 9:23pm On Dec 31, 2010
[size=14pt]Oga Tokyo started the war, says Eleweomo
Interview Nov 24, 2010
[/size]

By Leke Adeseri, Regional Editor, South West & Ola Ajayi

As one approached the residence of one of the factional chairmen of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, NURTW, Alhaji Lateef Salako, a.k.a. Eleweomo, one needed no soothsayer to tell him he was entering into a lion’s den.

Though things appeared normal but, many loyalists were always on the look out for any unusual movement around the man’s location. That reporters were dilly-dallying on where to park their vehicle was enough to raise suspicion in the camp of Eleweomo.

By the time they parked in the premises of a school, hordes of his supporters armed with pump-action guns were already out with their fingers on the triggers.

But, immediately the reporters introduced themselves, they relaxed and warned the visitors never to behave the way they did knowing the situation in the city. The reporters simply nodded in agreement.

Eleweomo looks like an innocent child who could hardly hurt a fly. When he speaks, one begins to wonder if there is a mistake of identity. He is gentle-looking and soft spoken.

But one could feel after all these descriptions that there is no art to find mind’s construction in the face.

He speaks about how things fell apart between him and his former boss, Alhaji Lateef Akinsola, a.k.a. Tokyo.

FIRST signs of division among the two
One of our union members was injured in the head. When I saw him, I told them to go and call the person that fought with him. But the man did not heed my call. I went there myself, but I was shocked at the way the man was behaving to me.

Alhaji Lateef Salako, a.k.a Eleweomo, Tokyo and I are the ones causing problems in the state

Notwithstanding, I took the boy that was wounded to the hospital. When the problem started in Molete, I had to tell Tokyo on phone that he should be coming home after narrating what happened to him.

The crisis started on June 2, 1999. In the evening of that day, when I heard that he had come back, I called him that I would see him later. The problem that started the previous day had spread to Beere where many vehicles were vandalized. But, thank God, the police did not allow it to spread to other motor parks.

Based on the crisis, the Commissioner of Police invited the two of us to the police headquarters at Eleyele. When we got to Eleyele, Alhaji Tokyo had arranged some people who were speaking against me. I then asked him to check his call log and see how many times I called him but he refused to pick my calls.

And I told him that the following morning, I called but was told he was sleeping and the secretary that picked my call the first time also switched off his phone. The commissioner asked us to sign an undertaking that we would maintain peace, after which we were asked to go.

When we left the police, the governor called us that we should see him. That was around 10.00 p.m. Governor spoke like a father to the two of us that we should not be fighting.

When the Governor entered the place we were waiting for him, he just prostrated fully for the two of us pleading that we should sheathe our swords. When we saw that the governor prostrated, as Yoruba men, both of us prostrated too for the governor. He said we should allow peace to reign.

When we left there, to show my innocence and absolute loyalty to him, I boarded his personal car. I was the only one with him apart from the driver.

Alhaji Tokyo kept on raging and threatening me that he would still go for another term in 2011 and he would not hesitate to kill whoever may be standing in his way. I was afraid and kept on praying that God should let me alight from his car safely.

When the car stopped for me to alight, I prostrated for him that he should not be offended and that God should help us to avoid problem.

Tokyo’s query
But, the following day, Tokyo sent a query to me. I then asked if I was the one to be issued query. Notwithstanding, I answered the query and sent it to him. He sent it back that I should direct the reply only to him.

He wrote some note on it that I should go and remove all those people I copied because I copied the Commissioner of Police, Director SSS, and our national office in Abuja. But by the time he sent it back to me, I had already sent the copies to those places. By that time, I never knew there was another plan in the offing.

The following day, I was in my house at the other end when I started hearing gun shots. I could not go out, all the neighbours were running helter-skelter. If not for my defective eye, the matter would have been worse. They could have killed me. I was eager to know what was actually wrong.

Before I knew what was happening, the attackers were already jumping into my compound after climbing the fence. My guard outside was killed and two of my children were hit by bullets. There was serious confusion. In fact, it was my neighbours that helped me call the police.

May be the police and the criminals missed each other on the way, it was shortly after they had left that the police came. When my neighbours started talking outside, I knew they had gone. The following day, many drivers from units came to sympathize with me, but Tokyo did not come that time. We were picking spent bullets on the ground.

The police invited us again the following day. When I wanted to leave for the police station, I asked him if I should come to his house so that we would go together but he said no.

I went to the police station alone and stayed for over one and half hours, Tokyo did not come. After sometime, I had to tell the police that I was going. I don’t know how the police got the information that he was hiding on the roof of the house. He was claiming that he did not know anything about the matter. If he did not know, why was he hiding in the roof of his house?

The following Thursday, we all appeared in Abuja where the National Working Committee had to ratify the decision of the union. The electoral committee that came asked three members each from all the units and local governments and they all said they wanted me as their chairman. The committee said it had no power to elect me as the chairman but it had the power to appoint me as the acting chairman.

Industrial court
This made him go to the National Industrial Court, they struck the matter out and the same thing happened the second time. It was the third time that some unit chairmen were given judgment that they should go back to their offices. It was not Tokyo. He was not the one that instituted an action against me, it was those chairmen.

That first time they said they were attacked was not true. Tokyo and his men are just causing hardship for all commercial drivers in the state.

When the drivers are coming from Lagos, they would force them to stop and collect all their money from them. If any of them failed to co-operate, they would break the windscreen and all side mirrors and windows and ask him to report at Olomi.

If they report at Sanyo Police Station, they would tell them that the place is a ‘no go area.’ So, that was what caused the problem that time.

They stopped four buses but one of them escaped. But the drivers in the other three buses were brutally killed. They shot them in the stomach and chest. So, the one that managed to escape went to Iwo Road and mobilized other people. They did not even bother telling me. May be they knew I would advise them not to fight.

By the time, I waded into the issue, it had gone out of hands. The union members had gone haywire that if they would kill all of them, let them go ahead. They would not tolerate a situation that they would go on trip to Lagos and somebody would stand on the way and take all the money they had laboured for all day.

By the time they had time to attend to those people that were shot, they had died. I did all I could to check the crisis, but it went out of my control.

When they claimed they had got the judgment, it was on Saturday when there was nobody in our office that they went to break the doors with guns, cutlasses and axes and said they had taken over. If I was blood thirsty like them, it would have been more calamitous for the two sides. I heard they were going there.

If I had thought the way they had thought, things would have been worse than this. All my supporters living in that area ran away for fear of being attacked.

How many casualties have you recorded from your end?

One, two, three….eeeemmm, four, let me say six. By my count, we have lost six men. That day, they killed three people and at another time, they killed a couple. All the people they killed were the breadwinners of their families. Imagine that.

Where is Mukaila, aka Auxiliary? We heard he was injured in one of the crises.
It is a lie. They are lying. There is nothing wrong with him. When that crisis was on, he did not know on time. One man asked me too. I just called him (auxiliary) to know where he was.

He told me he was at Iwo road and I told the man to go and see him there. If someone is injured, you cannot continue to hide him. The man saw him. He is hale and hearty.

Some even said he had been killed and some said he was in the hospital. All these are blatant lies.

Don’t you think you owe the people of Oyo State, especially those living in the crises-prone areas some apology?

It is not like that. Why they told you that is that ……pause…If you ask in this neighbourhood how gentle I am…. Some people would come just the way you came and later unleash terror on people and run away. So, it is because of such people that they stood on guard. My gate was free before and people just walk in to fetch water.

How do you think this problem can be resolved?

Any matter that is in court, it is court that would settle it. I said something before we started that Tokyo and I are the ones causing problems in the state. The police should detain the two of us. And when that is done, there would be peace in the state. We are the agents causing apprehension and tension in the state.

Why should we be suffering the innocent people who are not our union members? It is unfair. As we are now, no one can claim he is the chairman, the union has been proscribed. And Industrial court is not the end of the matter.

The Appeal Court is there.

As things are now, Senator Lekan Balogun and others are behind Tokyo and it seems you are hiding under the governor. Don’t you think that the union has been hijacked by politicians?

If the union is politicized, it was Tokyo that started it. He started it during the tenure of Alhaji Lam Adesina. He entered into some secret pact with the then governor and said we should work for the party to win the state.

1 Like

Re: Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered by Istillfuckyou: 4:57pm On Aug 05, 2014
airmark: Nigeria, where anything goes shocked embarassed shocked

Photo source :http://tribune.com.ng/index.php
was that ur uncle? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Those Who Want Oyegun Out As National Chairman Are Targetting Buhari --dr Chris / Kaduna Guber: Ashiru, PDP Move To Dethrone El-rufai, Seek Recount Of Ballot / Lagos State Government Statement About The Cause Of The Fire At Ijegun.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.