Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies (3377 Views)

Highly Compress Hollywood/english Movies / List Of New Yoruba Movies To Be Released On Monday 26th, September 2011 / Best Yoruba Movies Of All Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by 2fine2fast(m): 4:15am On Dec 31, 2010
yollywood now has d best story,cast,set &even cart al d awards.redundancy is the word in al this their so called naija/ibo/english movies.whats ur take?
Re: Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by VALIDATOR: 8:16am On Dec 31, 2010
They have better storyline than most nigerian english movies. However, they seem to portray that all problems are solved spiritually by visiting some clerics (muslim,christian or traditional). That alone discredits all the plot of the storyline.
You can summarize all yoruba movies thus

1 There is a problem
2 You can not solve it objectively
3 You and/or a close relative (may be your mum) or friend visit a cleric or some clerics
4 The clerics show you that your problem has a spiritual cause hence it has defied all objective solutions
5 The cleric tells you what to MUST do in order to solve it spiritually. It is usually something very difficult
6a You do what the cleric says and on time---- Happy ending.
6b You do what the cleric says but not on time---- Happy + Sad ending.
6c You refuse to do what the cleric says---- Sad ending

To a great extent, the movies show us how the typical yoruba sees life.
Re: Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by patrick89(m): 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2010
Hey @op suite ur self, u can compare as u like but remember dat super eagles do not plaY against falcons.Thus Nollywood and yoruba home video can never, ever be compared cmon,Rather hausa and yoruba home video coz they are in the same league pls rethink.*storyline kor linestory ni*
Re: Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by Tunsbobo(m): 3:26pm On Jan 01, 2011
There is no doubt that Yoruba Movies are way better than most english movies. These days, u hardly see an english film without a part 2; the storylines are very shallow and easily predictable, poor directing and production are also some of the problems the Nigerian english movie industry is facing, they need to step up their game. Infact, yoruba movies swap all the awards even at Amaa. Did i hear someone say that all yoruba movies are spiritually inclined? That is a very wrong assumption! I've watched a lot of yoruba movies with sweet storylines and do not end with spiritual/supernatural interventions! Even Non-yoruba's have settled for yoruba movies, 'cos their so called english movies are infact an eyesore. I believe Yollywood has come to stay and rule the Nigerian Movie Industry!
Re: Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by Obelomo: 7:25am On Jan 03, 2011
The English films nowadays drag simple storylines just to make a series of parts! The only problem in the Yoruba films, although they are better now, is that they need to reduce the Babalawo nonsense.
Re: Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by VALIDATOR: 8:22am On Jan 04, 2011
Tunsbobo:

There is no doubt that Yoruba Movies are way better than most english movies. These days, u hardly see an english film without a part 2; the storylines are very shallow and easily predictable, poor directing and production are also some of the problems the Nigerian english movie industry is facing, they need to step up their game. Infact, yoruba movies swap all the awards even at Amaa. Did i hear someone say that all yoruba movies are spiritually inclined? That is a very wrong assumption! I've watched a lot of yoruba movies with sweet storylines and do not end with spiritual/supernatural interventions! Even Non-yoruba's have settled for yoruba movies, 'cos their so called english movies are infact an eyesore. I believe Yollywood has come to stay and rule the Nigerian Movie Industry!

There are very very few. Let's stop living in denial. Just sit with African Magic Yoruba on dstv and watch EVERY movie for 3 days. Then come back here and tell us how many are not spiritually inclined.

All the same I prefer Yoruba movies to the Nigerian English movies because there is really nothing to watch in most Nigerian English movies.No story.
Re: Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by Obelomo: 1:30am On Jan 07, 2011
The English sector producers need to get their act together seriously! We need see more of the old Nollywood stars like SDA, Rita Dominic, and many more. Also, we need to see more Yoruba stars in the English movies in my opinion, since they put a lot of Ghanians!
Re: Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by Afam4eva(m): 8:57am On Jan 07, 2011
Obelomo:

The English sector producers need to get their act together seriously! We need see more of the old Nollywood stars like SDA, Rita Dominic, and many more. Also, we need to see more Yoruba stars in the English movies in my opinion, since they put a lot of Ghanians!

When you say yorubas stars do u mean yoruba people or yoruba actors.
Re: Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by Omolola1(f): 2:44pm On Jan 07, 2011
@ Topic

Gbam!
English movies have the same story lines undecided
Re: Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by Obelomo: 6:27am On Jan 10, 2011
Afam4eva, I mean Yoruba people, in which they can be the stars!
Re: Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by Freesia(f): 12:32am On Jan 11, 2011
I now prefer watching the Yoruba movies as long as the subtitles are there I'm good to go.I feel that the production is way better than English Speaking Nolly.The Yoruba actors/actresses do an excellent job.
The English speaking Nolly have multiple storylines that have no beginning, middle  or end but has part I to IV !! This is a mess sad to think that English Speaking Nolly have some great Actresses/Actors whose talent is seriously going to waste sad
Re: Yoruba Movies Better Than All These Nigerian English Movies by golamike: 11:36am On Jan 11, 2011
I sincerely agree with d poster. Yoruba movies now make more sense to me than d english version of nollywood. The new crop of yoruba actors are educated and exposed , gone are the days when u have illiterates parading themselves as stars (i like some of them though). Their video quality has greatly improved too. Even my wife who is not yoruba prefers yoruba movies, she rarely tunes to english(nollywood) channels.

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Website Where I Can Download Seasonal Movies / Have You Seen The Movie Beetlejuice? / Sitanda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.