Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated (702 Views)

Gory Photos : As Nigeria Military Engage Unknown Gun Men In Essien Udim / Covid-19 Lockdown: Lagos Unrest, As Residents Live In Fear Of Hoodlums / Man Claims To Be A Soldier, Begs After Being Caught Breaking Covid-19 Lockdown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by Explorers(m): 12:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
The military has to be sensitized and educated rightly. This is not an opportunity to inflict pain on civilians, we are not under a house arrest, neither have we committed any crime. We are fighting the spread of Coronavirus and we are all in it together.

In as much as we are staying put at home, we still need to go out from time to time for different reasons.

People need to go out to get essential commodities, go for medical care, get gas and other essential items, even people moving in personal cars with glasses closed should be able to move from point A to B to get things they need without being harrassed. I can also decide to take a short walk in my street or within my vicinity when I get so bored.

What the military should be out there to do should be to ensure that people going out are not moving in twos or more, that people are clearly maintaining the social distancing order when they are out.

They shouldn't be out there inflicting pains on civilians going out for a purpose even without asking them questions, they have not committed any crime for crying out loud.

The filling stations, food shops, pharmaceutical shops, hospitals and other places that sell essential commodities that are allowed to open are all open for the citizens' use, how do we now get to these places to get what we want if you start harassing us on sight?

These people should be educated in times like this, we are all in this together, even the military needs to engage in this social distancing, they are not immune to Coronavirus.

Please copy and share

Credit: Correct Bro fb

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by Trueigbo: 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
Lol....they need emergency education.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by xcabczyxabczzzz: 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
Are they acting on their own?
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by chariisGRACE(m): 12:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
Nigeria as a whole needs a total overhaul.
The problem in this country is from the top And vice versa.

My Economics teacher back then in secondary schoool always tell us "Nigeria does not care about Nigerians. If you have enough money, leave the country".

I have grown up to discover all what he was saying is true.
A soldier that is suppose to protect the citizens is doing otherwise and the government willl do nothing about it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by DanseMacabre(m): 12:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
If you like sensitise and orient them till next year. Dem go still mete all sorts of inhumane punishments on we, the 'bloody civilians'. A total paradigm shift is needed, be it in any guise, even a revolution, for those guys to change their mentality.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by kalvoken(m): 2:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
This is beyond sensitization, if you observe well you would notice such incidents hadly/never occur in the northern part of the country.

This military aboki personnels down south are really on a mission.

I was on journey to jos something late last year when a woman raised alarm that her mobile phone has been stolen. Most of the people on board the luxurious bus advised her together with the driver to complain to the military men at the check-in point.

The driver did so and to my surprise, when one of the soldier ask me (the woman and I were the only two that never left the bus, while others went to ease their selves. So I was the suspect) to meet their oga while he searched the rest.

The superior official halted the search and any other thing, he explained that it is illegal for then military men to start harassing passengers merely because of a phone. He suggested that we go to the nearby police station, that it is their job. And we so we continued our journey.

I only imagined what it would have been, had such case played out here in the southern part of the country. I personally would have regretted embarking on that journey, likewise every other men on board..

The fulani uniformed men are in a mission here in the south. Check out the viral videos of them harassing civilians, they are all hausa/fulani.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by TheChameleon: 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2020
angry
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by stormborn28(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2020
Okay... Buratashi. Sorry Buratai over to you
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by mank1234(m): 9:47pm On Apr 03, 2020
The worst is that they don't give a damn. They record it and then share on social media.
At the end no one calls them to order nor do they receive punishment.

chariisGRACE:
Nigeria as a whole needs a total overhaul.
The problem in this country is from the top And vice versa.

My Economics teacher back then in secondary schoool always tell us "Nigeria does not care about Nigerians. If you have enough money, leave the country".

I have grown up to discover all what he was saying is true.
A soldier that is suppose to protect the citizens is doing otherwise and the government willl do nothing about it.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by tutudesz: 9:53am On Apr 04, 2020
mank1234:
The worst is that they don't give a damn. They record it and then share on social media.
At the end no one calls them to order nor do they receive punishment.

The worst? Please I advice you go into any Army cantonment, the amount of posters of gone too soon will shock you. Since 2015 to date the number of friends I lost is up to 50.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by mank1234(m): 11:01am On Apr 04, 2020
tutudesz:

The worst? Please I advice you go into any Army cantonment, the amount of posters of gone too soon will shock you. Since 2015 to date the number of friends I lost is up to 50.

So the lost justifies taking revenge on hapless citizens.

Those who inflicted those pains are pardoned and reintegrated while those who sympathize with you are manhandled.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by tutudesz: 11:12am On Apr 04, 2020
mank1234:

Those who inflicted those pains are pardoned and reintegrated while those who sympathize with you are manhandled.
No! only a power drunk uniform man will attack a civilian. Soldiers are now preforming the role of police now. Every human has a breaking point and I can tell 80% of the soldiers are at the point already, from one Deployment to another without rest is affecting them seriously.
Re: COVID-19 Lockdown: Nigeria Military Should Be Sensitized And Educated by mignone(f): 10:40pm On Apr 04, 2020
mank1234:

There's no way they won't continue to die untimely/mysterious deaths if they continue this way. It's true dt our justice system is dead bt there's KARMA.
See those of them who don't jst die, what are their lives&families like?
... it's nt even d army alone, it applies to all uniform men who av contact with helpless citizens; is it d customs officer dt seizes rice already stock in d store, police officer dt alters statements, immigration officers dt collect multiples of d cost of an Int'l p.port, etc? There're only a few exceptions.

(1) (Reply)

Court Grants Two Caverton Pilots, 10 Passengers Bail / Alex Kueng One Of The Officers Involved In Floyd's Death Has A Nigerian Father / Little Girl Caught On Camera Stealing A Lady’s Bag While Her Mother Watched (vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.