Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,604 members, 7,820,155 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications (879 Views)

Child Actor Jane Withers Dead At 95 / Rachel Oniga Died From Heart Disease Not COVID-19 - Family Releases Statement / “Why Is Wizkid So Lean?” – Fans Express Concern Over Wizkid’s Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications by Perfecttouchade: 5:19pm On Apr 03, 2020
Bill Withers, who wrote and sang a string of soulful songs in the 1970s that have stood the test of time - including Lean On Me, Lovely Day and Ain't No Sunshine - has died from heart complications his family said in a statement. He was 81.

The three-time Grammy Award winner, who withdrew from making music in the mid-1980s, died on Monday in Los Angeles, the statement said.
His death comes as the public has drawn inspiration from his music during the coronavirus pandemic, with health care workers, choirs, artists and more posting their own renditions on Lean On Me to help get through the difficult times.

'We are devastated by the loss of our beloved, devoted husband and father. A solitary man with a heart driven to connect to the world at large, with his poetry and music, he spoke honestly to people and connected them to each other,' the family statement read.
'As private a life as he lived close to intimate family and friends, his music forever belongs to the world. In this difficult time, we pray his music offers comfort and entertainment as fans hold tight to loved ones.'

Withers' songs during his brief career have become the soundtracks of countless engagements, weddings and backyard parties. They have powerful melodies and perfect grooves melded with a smooth voice that conveys honesty and complex emotions without vocal acrobatics.
May his soul rest in peace .
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8184937/amp/Lean-On-Me-Lovely-Day-singer-Bill-Withers-dies-81.html

Here is a video of one his Live Performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io6HwRadjU4

Cc: lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications by absoluteSuccess: 5:21pm On Apr 03, 2020
RIP.
Re: Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications by budaatum: 5:23pm On Apr 03, 2020
Re: Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications by JunctionBox: 5:49pm On Apr 03, 2020
RIP
Re: Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications by ojun50(m): 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2020
Rest well sir
Re: Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
We didnt no him hia in Awada.
RIP pericoma& chief osita osadebe.
Re: Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications by Nobody: 3:59am On Apr 04, 2020
Still playing 'lean on me' till date
RIP Great Man
Re: Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications by slyfox35(m): 6:29am On Apr 04, 2020
"Lean on me,when you are not strong
I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For....
It won't be long,
Till am gonna need,somebody to lean on
You just call on me brother when you nid a hand
We all need somebody to lean on"
Rest in peace icon
Bill Withers, greatest song writer ever,lyrics so simple but deep with meaning and message
In this trying period all over the world,we all need to lean on one another,help each other,help your neighbour,make peace with your friends ,call your mama,tell her sorry for all the pains you've put her through
Re: Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications by Electroweb(m): 9:30am On Apr 07, 2020
RIP Sir. You did well.
Re: Bill Withers Dead: Lean On Me Singer Passes Awayat 81 From Heart Complications by ghettokid1(m): 1:18pm On Apr 07, 2020
RIPP sir

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Watch How Slow Dog Brought A Different Fire This Burna Boy Hit Single- Odogwu. / Arnold Schwarzenegger's Son Finally Resembles His Father / Nollywood Actress And Producer Ajayi Biola Bose’s Daughter Celebrate Birthday To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.