Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Rear Engine Oil Seal Leaking Symptoms - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rear Engine Oil Seal Leaking Symptoms (1086 Views)

Pulley Oil Seal Leaking / My 2004 Camry Leaks Oil In Gear Box.. I’ve Change Oil Seal Still Not Working / Can You Spot The Unusual Error On The Rear Badge Of This Porsche Cayenne SUV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rear Engine Oil Seal Leaking Symptoms by lagautorepair(m): 11:53am On Apr 04, 2020
Do you have oil spots in your driveway, or a leaky engine block when you look under your vehicle? Sorry, super bad news: you might have a rear main seal leak. In fact, few words from the mechanic will stop every driver in their tracks quicker than “You have a rear main seal leak!”

A rear main seal leak is among the worst things that can happen to any vehicle because the rear main seal is very hard to reach and it requires much of your engine to be disassembled. On most modern engines, the seal’s failure is due to a condition inside the engine or a component connected to the back of the engine, and is most common in older cars.

For many drivers, news of such a problem means that it could be time to purchase a new vehicle, because rear main seal repair typically costs more than the value of vehicles old enough to develop such leaks.

Replacing a rear main seal is absolutely one of the most dreaded, most labor-intensive and expensive jobs you can do on your car next to replacing the head gaskets or rebuilding your transmission.

In addition, there are no shortcuts or quick fixes if the seal has expired. A replacement isn’t something you’re going to want to take on yourself and even a seasoned mechanic can struggle with it as it’s in a painfully difficult position.
Re: Rear Engine Oil Seal Leaking Symptoms by erotji: 7:13am On Feb 24, 2022
What's the best approach to this problem?

I've changed the seal severally but still no solution.

Should I try blue devil rear main sealer?

(1) (Reply)

Pls Gurus In The House What Do U Think / Urgent Attention Car Gurus / Toyota Camry 2007 Gear (13pin)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.