Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

What's The Best, Strongest, Long Lasting Building Material To Use? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What's The Best, Strongest, Long Lasting Building Material To Use? (734 Views)

Most Current Prices For Original Long Lasting Turkey Doors / Expanded Poly-Styrene As Alternative Building Material (parapet, POP, Etc) / How To Start A Building Material Supply Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best, Strongest, Long Lasting Building Material To Use? by MMElliot: 11:53am On Apr 04, 2020
When building a house what's the best type of block or brick to use?

I've lived in a house where I could literally pull out a nail from the wall with my hand (other houses in that estate fell during heavy rain), and in another where only multiple hits with a hammer on a concrete nail would enter the wall. I don't know anything about blocks and bricks, but plan on building on a land and would like strong materials only, also I heard red bricks are strong and keep the home cool during hot weather seasons. Any other cooler and stronger materials? I currently live in a house with red bricks on the outside, but I believe the interior is cement - normal wall nailing and some corners at the ground, between tile and door frames do break down into sand, but it's nothing near cool during this hot period.
Re: What's The Best, Strongest, Long Lasting Building Material To Use? by Obafisenco(m): 12:00pm On Apr 04, 2020
Well as a builder I usually advice my clients to mould blocks by themself when building.
Becos the ones been sell by block makers are usually moulded at 45-50 pics per bags, instead of the standard 30-35 per bags. So that's one of the reasons while blocks are easily broken wen u hit hammer or just a punch self
Re: What's The Best, Strongest, Long Lasting Building Material To Use? by MMElliot: 12:05pm On Apr 04, 2020
Obafisenco:
Well as a builder I usually advice my clients to mould blocks by themself when building.
Becos the ones been sell by block makers are usually moulded at 45-50 pics per bags, instead of the standard 30-35 per bags. So that's one of the reasons while blocks are easily broken wen u hit hammer or just a punch self

Okay. So that's cement management, molding thick blocks. What are your thoughts on red/fired bricks? Also on fireproof?
Re: What's The Best, Strongest, Long Lasting Building Material To Use? by Moask: 9:32am On Apr 05, 2020
Good day, as a building contractor i will advice to use cement and mould yr blocks yrself instead of buying the 50-60 per bag from those that sell as that is one reason most of the buildings now are very weak ,

we can be of help as our company has everything that you need to have a solid house anytime anyday .

Here is my contact if my service could be needed 09073587067

(1) (Reply)

Monthly Let Apartment Ikeja / Revolutionplus Property Gives Pallatives To Over 1000 Homes ! / 1000m2 Of Bare Land In Alma Beach Estate, Ikate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.